Author Topic: Raila's Kshs. 6,000 per month and Ruto's Kshs 100 B - How does Algeria do it?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
I assumed it was an obvious lie, forced by the hustler/bottom-up narrative that the youth have taken to. Coz obviously we don't have that kinda cash, plus we have 8 trillion of other people's money we have no idea how to pay back  :D

But I've come across this article saying Algeria is planning to do this starting next month!  :o https://thearabweekly.com/prevent-unrest-algeria-introduces-youth-unemployment-benefits

They are targeting unemployed youth between 19 and 40 for a $92.00 a month payment. That's like 10 K in Kenyan money. This shocked me, so I googled Algeria's GDP: it's bigger than ours. By like 50% I think 145 billion dollars to our 100 billion. I'm assuming they're not saddled with bags of iron around their feet like we are (our crazy debts) but I really don't know . . . WHERE is Algeria getting this money from? Hiyo ndio swali.

If it weren't for our toxic politics, we could force our politicians to actually take these ideas more seriously than campaign slogans and have then give us DETAILS of how they're planning to do this. Then we could force/pressure them to actually attempt implementation.

We could force these people to take this seriously and actually look for these funds, separately from the debt that's already killing us!

Much as I don't like him, I'll give kudoz to the Hustler at least for setting this direction with the bottom-up. Now competitive politics forces Kila mtu tu come up with a real bread and butter offer for the public. We must make sure the next govt does something crazy like this because it really will both help unemployment and boost the economy! The more money is circulating through many hands, the more the economy is growing.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Ruto has ndii doing the maths..Raila 6k is campaign ploy..2k now for social safety net is a mountain

Offline sema

• Enigma
Algeria is the richest country in Africa with huge oil reserves. Well educated French Arabs. Return to sub-Saharan Africans & their backwardness

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Algeria is the richest country in Africa with huge oil reserves. Well educated French Arabs. Return to sub-Saharan Africans & their backwardness
Really, Algeria? :o I mean, I guess you must be right if they're really going to be giving away $92.00 a month to every youth. But I've never thought of them as rich. Maybe they just haven't made as many mistakes as we have? If we didn't have 8 trillion debt, I bet we could also do something similar.

Ruto has ndii doing the maths..Raila 6k is campaign ploy..2k now for social safety net is a mountain
This time I'll make a point to read those pledges in detail. Ndii should do a good job, but mainly I'll be interested in where either camp are proposing to acquire funds (for each their scheme).

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Really, Algeria? :o I mean, I guess you must be right if they're really going to be giving away $92.00 a month to every youth. But I've never thought of them as rich. Maybe they just haven't made as many mistakes as we have? If we didn't have 8 trillion debt, I bet we could also do something similar.

This time I'll make a point to read those pledges in detail. Ndii should do a good job, but mainly I'll be interested in where either camp are proposing to acquire funds (for each their scheme).

The problem around the world is poor distribution of wealth, and it is causing national security issues. In Kenya, it is so obvious that it should be treated as a national emergency. I know my nephews and nieces-college educated without jobs. The idea that business will solve these unemployment issues has not worked, same with govt. So the need to collaborate.  Giving someone 6k is like dropping a gallon of water in a tank. Very little ripples. They may use it to buy few food items and grooming supply.