Author Topic: Senate proceedings,political parties bill  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
Senate proceedings,political parties bill
« on: January 26, 2022, 08:38:11 PM »
Pundito,any update from senate,last time I watched the score was 29 vs 6,with 3 of the 6 being kakenjins.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Senate proceedings,political parties bill
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 08:47:22 PM »
It's been three kalenjin pingbong- arguing for eternity - but it's obvious Azimio bill will not apply to this election - and if it did - Azimio will be in trouble because they will have two moments to reach deadline.

Ruto by then would have gel - with Ford K/ANC - would have picked Gachagua - and the team will be ready to go.

Other parties want Azimio bill to protect them from ODM conmanship - but I still believe this will be injuncted in court - because it violate the constitution

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 09:17:15 PM »
So,when will it be applied 2032 after Raila retired,Uhuru is waiting to assent to it next week.Meanwhile we are still waiting for speaker cheboi s postponed  session

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 09:22:56 PM »
Some of the sections will be striken out by court of law. You can bet someone is already set  to get injunction at high court - and I dont see any competent court disallowing injunction - because it raise serious constitutional issues - and is obviously rushed.

This is like BBI - we shall have the last laugh.

Many parties fear ODM like - and want to be protected from UDA and ODM - I dont have a problem with that - but problem is it's not well thought out law and is time barred - IEBC doesnt need confused piece of legislation this late.

It will be good for you - gives you three months to convince Kalonzo to back Azimio - assuming there will be anybody left in Mt kenya in Azimio :) - the hamorrage is serious

So,when will it be applied 2032 after Raila retired,Uhuru is waiting to assent to it next week.Meanwhile we are still waiting for speaker cheboi s postponed  session

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 10:48:04 PM »
Est humble pie,no never  lavky something to say even when beaten,The gods are happy.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 11:03:48 PM »

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 11:11:11 PM »
Let me allow Miguna to teach you basics :)
Est humble pie,no never  lavky something to say even when beaten,The gods are happy.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 09:51:55 AM »

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 09:57:45 AM »
In fact the whole idea was to force OKA to join Azimio by January by moving the deadline six months early - but now Azimio have two months and dont have any real coalition beyond depleted Jubilee - and briefcase parties like DAP, Narc-K, and such useless parties.

These guys are running on empty - somehow they thought when Ruto said he was not ready for coalition - he was SERIOUSLY NOT GOING FOR COALITION.

Ruto just needed to build UDA - after Uhuru complicated Jubilee - and once UDA was up & running - had momentum - Ruto would switch to coalition talks.

Expect Ruto to focus on coalition building now - UDA is on auto-pilot.

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 03:42:32 PM »
Pundito,Uhuru already signed the political parties bill into law.Now you can wait for speaker Cheboi s direction,go to court,hung or continue singing the ""Uhuru is playing Raila chorus".Baba will vie as Azimio coalition candidate.😂😂😂😂

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 03:45:15 PM »
Horse before the cart. First form the coalition - Azimio is ODM and has no partners - just their lackeys DAP, PNU and the dying Jubilee.
Once the law is gazetted - it will be ripe for objection.
Ruto will be fine with or without that law.
But constitutionalism will not be fine - with mongrel called political coalition party
Political parties is foundation of our constitution.
Article 4 - declares kenya a multi-party democracy.
Pundito,Uhuru already signed the political parties bill into law.Now you can wait for speaker Cheboi s direction,go to court,hung or continue singing the ""Uhuru is playing Raila chorus".Baba will vie as Azimio coalition candidate.😂😂😂😂

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 04:20:57 PM »
@Pundit, USA has two strong parties, Republicans & Democrats. Are they not a multi-party democracy? Those who do not fit in either of those two frequently run as independents. Ross Perot put on a particuarly strong show as an independent in 1992 and 1996.
Why are you delusional that the Political parties (Amendments) Bill offends the constitution? Lawyers are not fake engineers like you. In court,they will make references to how other multi-party systems work and find that there is no 'mongrel' as alleged by the petitioner.
I advise you to do what your Luto does best, oppose everything but once what he opposes becomes law, ride with it and benefit. That is his story of 2005, 2010, and this PP Bill 2022.   :steeringwheel:
Political parties is foundation of our constitution.
Article 4 - declares kenya a multi-party democracy.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 04:51:19 PM »
How do I benefit from this law when I am not a politician.
Multi-party is basic structure of our constitution.
Therefore definition of party has to be clarified by a constitutional court.
Party is mentioned 57 times in our constitution.
It's not an idle construct.
So when you call political party - a political coalition party - then you are risking messing up with key planks of the constitution.

So yes like Ruto team have brilliant argued.
1) I have problem with extending the meaning of a party - to mean political coalition party - it should just be a party and a coalition of parties.
2) I have problem with powers given to registar of political parties - that can undermine article 4 - and endanger multi-partyism.

As for political impact - I dont see how this bill disadvantage Ruto - unless you're the ODM moron - who believe Ruto will not take advantage of this law - now and in the future - when he will be PORK and can use it to deal with inevitable rebels in his party.

@Pundit, USA has two strong parties, Republicans & Democrats. Are they not a multi-party democracy? Those who do not fit in either of those two frequently run as independents. Ross Perot put on a particuarly strong show as an independent in 1992 and 1996.
Why are you delusional that the Political parties (Amendments) Bill offends the constitution? Lawyers are not fake engineers like you. In court,they will make references to how other multi-party systems work and find that there is no 'mongrel' as alleged by the petitioner.
I advise you to do what your Luto does best, oppose everything but once what he opposes becomes law, ride with it and benefit. That is his story of 2005, 2010, and this PP Bill 2022.   :steeringwheel:

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2022, 04:54:00 PM »
It's amazing how pundito has suddenly transformed from anti courts to court loving citizen.This was unlike Him few years ago.Any way,we shall ignore the court orders the same way you ignored them from 2013.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2022, 05:05:10 PM »
I disagree with courts and judges - but I am not anti-court.
Our courts definitely have issues - both of integrity and half-thought judgment.
I disagree on the merits and demerits of the court cases..

The person to be injuncted from implementing this law is IEBC.
IEBC will love such an injunction
Because this bill is unnecessary disruption.

You cannot legislate trust - if Jubilee have trust issues - deal with them - if GEMA do not like to see Orange colour - changing it to blue will not work much (good start :) but they will see Raila and say NOPE).
If Azimio small parties do not trust ODM to share funds - how can they trust it to share power?

Will we do another law to enforce power sharing?
It's amazing how pundito has suddenly transformed from anti courts to court loving citizen.This was unlike Him few years ago.Any way,we shall ignore the court orders the same way you ignored them from 2013.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2022, 05:48:53 PM »
Quote from: RV Pundit
As for political impact - I dont see how this bill disadvantage Ruto - unless you're the ODM moron - who believe Ruto will not take advantage of this law - now and in the future - when he will be PORK and can use it to deal with inevitable rebels in his party.

Why are you asking a silly question when what you are asking is not different from the advice I posted for your political god?

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 07:26:40 PM »
You people do realize that this bill is what hastened UDA/FORD K/ANC coming together.
Railas fear was for them to join Ruto at  the tail end of campaigns. Now he has been beaten in his game.