Author Topic: Seems like wealth has brough insecurity among.....  (Read 4537 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Seems like wealth has brough insecurity among.....
« on: October 24, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Seems like wealth has brough insecurity among.....
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »
That should be a MUST.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 03:59:26 PM »
Funny thing, there are much more dangerous places than Nairobi in some better off countries, believe it!!
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
Better off countries have due process no matter how dangerous. Nairobi is dangerous full stop. If you get assaulted, robbed, raped don't expect the police to chase that up unless you're a politician or can fork up sizeable pesa.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »
I have never understood the targeting of Nairobi and Kenyan thugs..... I have started to think they are expert psychologists cum sociologists

they never target guys who walk, drive in a certain manner, guys who drink in certain bars, guys who talk to certain people....
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
Huge Income inequality.This is natural. We are Joburg.Lagos.Rio in the making. It makes sense to invest on your security.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 02:49:49 PM »
Invest in people. Good infrastructure - roads, telecommunication. Invest heavily in education, prepare people for something good. The whole world is facing an income inequality of dynamic proportions. Something will soon give.

Huge Income inequality.This is natural. We are Joburg.Lagos.Rio in the making. It makes sense to invest on your security.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 05:23:41 PM »
The difference between showmanship and security in Kenya is rather thin. Most of these cars and so called "security" is just for show. Look at Uhuru's security? Over weight drunkards who can't run because of their pot bellies. They are a decoration to show the trappings of power and provide zero security. Its just that they have never been challenged. I doubt they could beat off a well coordinated ambush.

A sniper could pick them all out before they know what is going on. It is easy to identify them.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »
The difference between showmanship and security in Kenya is rather thin. Most of these cars and so called "security" is just for show. Look at Uhuru's security? Over weight drunkards who can't run because of their pot bellies. They are a decoration to show the trappings of power and provide zero security. Its just that they have never been challenged. I doubt they could beat off a well coordinated ambush.

A sniper could pick them all out before they know what is going on. It is easy to identify them.

I doubt if there's any P/guard with a pot belly. Their training is the best in the country( VIP protection). Though they've never been challenged am sure they can handle any situation that arises. I agree that surprise/ambush can beat even the strongest.  A sniper is a whole different game that has felled the POTUS