Author Topic: Fate working against UhuRao attempt to change political parties act  (Read 4413 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Muturi is sick in Dubai. Deputy Speaker Cheboi will preside over the matter. It's obvious he will kill it or put in abeyance. The changes are unconstitutional as it alters the constitutional meaning of a political party to include a coalition of parties.

Once again like BBI - lack of long term planning and foresight - is coming to bite them.

The plan for amendment is to allow
1) Coalition to behave like political party - like PNU of old days - that was a coalition and a party
2) Force coalition making six months  to election - instead of the 2 months to election. Right now the deadline for coalition is 30th May. Raila and his company want OKA to be forced to make a decision by Feb.

If Cheboi kills or put it abeyances - next parliament resume on 25th Jan - for their final session - leaving no time for law to pass through both houses and be ready to be implemented by February.

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/politics/ruto-mps-take-on-uhuru-raila-camp-over-party-bill-3659116

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Fate working against UhuRao attempt to change political parties act
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 11:20:55 AM »
Kimunya and Kigano struggling - look like the mood of the house is to throw away these BBI like machination

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 01:25:11 PM »
113 Yes and 68 for No
The motion to be moved....

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 01:27:55 PM »
Cheboi suspend todays sitting

People go to Christmas -

And next parliament session in 25th January.

Cheboi pulls a first one.

Azimio wanted deadline for coalition pushed back to February.

Now its impossible

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 01:33:30 PM »
The Azimio guys cant believe they been played 10-nil

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 12:47:35 PM »
Will Muturi be present tomorrow or still stuck in Dubai?

Look like UDA mps want to throw the house into another spin tomorrow. Cheboi had told them to harmonize their "70" amendments - and that has not happened

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2021-12-28-uda-allied-mps-storm-out-of-justice-legal-affairs-committee-meeting/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 08:22:25 AM »
Looking at the order paper - these many amendments will be impossible to be voted for or against in a single sitting - look like UDA allied MPs want to buy time.

http://www.parliament.go.ke/sites/default/files/2021-12/SPECIAL%20SITTING%20ON%20WEDNESDAY%20DECEMBER%20-%2029-12-2021%20-%20MORNING%20SITTING.pdf

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 08:45:26 AM »
ODM dont realise that this will play against them.
They should learn something from Ruto whatever he calls "win win"
Politics is about give and take. ODM are always playing armchair tactics politics . It has never worked anywhere . They tried it during 2010 Constituional talks , Ruto went for win win .We got a new constituion and He became the DP.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 09:08:44 AM »
Yes this will call for sober negotiation - otherwise UDA Mps are going to frustrate the ammendment. Today session will have to be postphoned because there is no way the house can clean up 100 ammendments.

Ruto made sense - there has to be provision for pre and post election coalitions - and flexible timelines. The political registar also should not unilaterally manage party list.

ODM dont realise that this will play against them.
They should learn something from Ruto whatever he calls "win win"
Politics is about give and take. ODM are always playing armchair tactics politics . It has never worked anywhere . They tried it during 2010 Constituional talks , Ruto went for win win .We got a new constituion and He became the DP.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 10:03:27 AM »
Cheboi still presiding.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 10:41:41 AM »
Cheboi cull many proposals; they need to undergo public participation; and are out scope.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 11:53:20 AM »
Azimio beaten 123 versus 118 - 1st amendment sails through.

Something about the virtual screen not displaying...

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2021, 03:44:29 PM »
I hear blows were exchanged.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 04:24:40 PM »
Yeah missed most of it..look  like it going to end in bloodbath unless speaker intervene

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2021, 02:28:20 AM »
Look like the drama will continue next week from 5th to the 7th... then the bill will be taken to senate....for more drama...

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2021, 09:19:01 AM »

What is certain their will be a PEV between Luos and Kalenjins.Kikuyu wouldn't be in the picture. I saw the fight in bunge and oooh my the hatred was raw,Gatheca has bouyed Luos soo much that they are now eager to take fight i to kalenjin land. I think its a foregone thing to them that baba will be pork they are just counting the days. Is gatheca aware of what he is doing?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 04:36:00 PM by Kichwa »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 09:30:15 AM »
When they realize Uhuru is playing them for fools; they will have no option but wave the white flag.
What is certain their will be a PEV between Luos and Kalenjins.Kikuyu wouldn't be in the picture. I saw the fight in bunge and oooh my the hatred was raw,Gatheca has bouyed Luos soo much that they are now eager to take fight i to kalenjin land. I think its a foregone thing to them that baba will be pork they are just counting the days. Is gatheca aware of what he is doing?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2021, 04:36:52 PM »
There will be no PEV between Kalenjins and Luos if RAO wins.  RAO will start reaching out to Kales once the reality sinks to enough of them that RAO is the 5th.  That will happen somewhere between April and June. Of course Kale's will be disappointed when the reality hit them that Ruto cannot win, but like most Kenyans they are practical  people and will realize that Kenya is  bigger than Ruto and Kalenjins.  Attacking luos just because a luo is president would be foolhardy.  Luos have shared borders with Kales for years and have fought when necessary. There is a lot of respect and inter-dependance. Kenya had a Kalenjin president for 28 years.  Why can't Kalenjins accept a luo president? Kwani  Kalenjins are more  special than others.  We cannot have a two tribe presidential system.  Kikuyus have accepted a luo presidency, kalenjins need to follow suit and stop threatening folks with war.  We are all vulnerable.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »
There will be no PEV between Kalenjins and Luos if RAO wins.  RAO will start reaching out to Kales once the reality sinks to enough of them that RAO is the 5th.  That will happen somewhere between April and June. Of course Kale's will be disappointed when the reality hit them that Ruto cannot win, but like most Kenyans they are practical  people and will realize that Kenya is  bigger than Ruto and Kalenjins.  Attacking luos just because a luo is president would be foolhardy.  Luos have shared borders with Kales for years and have fought when necessary. There is a lot of respect and inter-dependance. Kenya had a Kalenjin president for 28 years.  Why can't Kalenjins accept a luo president? Kwani  Kalenjins are more  special than others.  We cannot have a two tribe presidential system.  Kikuyus have accepted a luo presidency, kalenjins need to follow suit and stop threatening folks with war.  We are all vulnerable.

Total garbage. There is nowhere that says the presidency needs to oscillate between tribes. Suppose we have a qualified and capable candidate from a tribe that has produced the presidency. In that case, is it okay to settle for a substandard senile candidate from a tribe that has not produced a president? Hell no, we can even have a Kikuyu or a Kalenjin president for 50 years as long as they are capable and can win fairly at the ballot. Raila is old, has no ideas, sick, and not engineered for today's global marketplace where integrity, brain, and strategy are ingredients. DP is the only person who has shown ready for the Job. Forget Moi's 24 years, another 10, and if it were up to my vote, Kimani Ichung'wah is another capable candidate that deserves 10 years after DP's tenure.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 01:11:03 PM »

You people live a bubble, self deceiting world. Why RAO will not become president is simply coz Mt Kenya will vote against him.
If Raila want Ruto to lose he should do another 2002 and sit out.