Author Topic: This is what I have been saying - Luos like Maasai can never plant a tree.  (Read 3273 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Nyanza region, experts have warned, will bear the brunt of climate change due to its low forest cover.

Majority of people in Kisumu County, for instance, use firewood and charcoal, all from trees, according to Green Energy and Climate Change Department in Kisumu County.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/health/article/2001425187/trees-trees-everywhere-but-few-in-nyanza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Please Nyar wa Kisumo plant trees; it that simple; it cost 5shs a seedling or even less; If everyone in Nyanza planted trees; the climate down there would change; it will be nicer; Dont be primitive like a Maasai. I once went to homabay to find Luos with so many maasai like cows -

Planting trees can change the micro-climate of an area.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kalenjin, Mt kenya and even some Luhya-Kambas plant trees. Coast, Luos and Maasai - zero - trees; zero fenced land; zero maendeleo.

I think Gema and Kalenjin are prolific tree planters...Luhyas are also doing good....and ukambani you can see them trying despite the dry enviroment.

Worse ni Maasai followed by Luos...then coast. Someone will probably die without ever planting a tree in those areas. Mt kenya is impressive because there are tree seedlings everywhere - in our place - we live next to forest - so lots of tree seedlings - blue gum from ktda - and many kalenjin just propagate the seedlings themselves. Luo Nyanza and rest gov should establish tree nurseries in every school - and try to make kids plant and love trees.

Personally nothing makes me happy than my forest of trees that I have planted. It's like having a thousands kids :) - I buy 5 acres every often - and I put trees - I dont intend to harvest unless it's the last resort - it's my pension fund. Brokers approach me often with money - and I pass. I still remember and regret why my father sold our trees - they were very huge trees - covering three acres - we took them to Kericho brooke bond - many tractors - and we got paid 300k then in 1995!  It was a lot of huge and tall trees...

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Tribalism is bad kijana, hukufunzwa adabu?

Grow up it is the 2021.

All Kenyans are challenged to plant more trees and protect the environment.

Stereotyping and crude jibes won't help us.

Let us all do better.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
The article is very clear. Do more tree planting. You have a problem with kalenjin genetic dental formulae - tribalism of worse kind - but not with lack of tree planting culture in your people. Unlike the buckteeth - you can fix the tree planting

Grow up it is the 2021.

Let us all do better.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
I don't want to appear as if am against the ,"GEMA/Mt.kenya"  notion or family but with all due respect let me answer Robina now after almost 2 years when she asked me why I referred to Kikuyu as "Ariimiti"
Robina come out from the cave you been hiding and finally your answer is here.
Ariimiti is a derogatory word Merus refers to Kikuyus. Simply, the verb Arii means eaters, Miti means tree,so simply kikuyus to Merus are just tree eaters,this comes from the 1800 century. To Merus they used to despise Kikuyus soo much because when kikuyus settled on an area with trees and forest the first thing Kikuyus did was cut down the trees. This was outright against Meru culture that values in planting trees. Merus are prolific tree planters this is widely documented even before pre colonial era, and thats why even Meru towns are very forested Meru town is an example amongst all.
To show you how trees are intertwined with Meru culture. My own family as set aside several acres just for planting trees. To us Merus trees are part of our culture.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
I fully support this. The he is the first to call other Tribalists

Grow up it is the 2021.

Let us all do better.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
What are you supporting?
Show me where my factual analysis travelling kenya is tribal.
Is it tribal to say Luo Nyanza do not plant trees. That article has clearly said so.

With your LOW IQ - do you even know what tribalism is?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Interesting. I have been to many parts of Kikuyu and Embu - and I see they plant trees. I need to come to Meru. Yes tree planting culture is lacking in kenya. Moi did very well in tree planting campaign.

Under Ruto - I expect he will make it mandatory for people to reserve 10 percent of their land for trees.

Also all gov land including road reserve should be planted with trees.

We were doing fine under Moi - tree planting wise. KFS should be working with ministry of education to have every school run a tree nursery - by supplying them with materials.

This only way to delay climate change....or even reserve it...definitely create a micro-climate.

I don't want to appear as if am against the ,"GEMA/Mt.kenya"  notion or family but with all due respect let me answer Robina now after almost 2 years when she asked me why I referred to Kikuyu as "Ariimiti"
Robina come out from the cave you been hiding and finally your answer is here.
Ariimiti is a derogatory word Merus refers to Kikuyus. Simply, the verb Arii means eaters, Miti means tree,so simply kikuyus to Merus are just tree eaters,this comes from the 1800 century. To Merus they used to despise Kikuyus soo much because when kikuyus settled on an area with trees and forest the first thing Kikuyus did was cut down the trees. This was outright against Meru culture that values in planting trees. Merus are prolific tree planters this is widely documented even before pre colonial era, and thats why even Meru towns are very forested Meru town is an example amongst all.
To show you how trees are intertwined with Meru culture. My own family as set aside several acres just for planting trees. To us Merus trees are part of our culture.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Why do you always have to bring IQ argument when you are cornered . Fact is you are tribal . Most of your posts/threads always hint to tribal supremacy .
You can travel all the world for heavens sake but if your mind is conditioned to look at everything from tribal specs you will be tribal .

What are you supporting?
Show me where my factual analysis travelling kenya is tribal.
Is it tribal to say Luo Nyanza do not plant trees. That article has clearly said so.

With your LOW IQ - do you even know what tribalism is?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: This is what I have been saying - Luos like Maasai can never plant a tree.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 11:24:51 AM »
 LOW IQ idiot like you cannot tell me nothing.
Why do you always have to bring IQ argument when you are cornered . Fact is you are tribal . Most of your posts/threads always hint to tribal supremacy .
You can travel all the world for heavens sake but if your mind is conditioned to look at everything from tribal specs you will be tribal .

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »

Now how do insults help in advancing your argument ?

LOW IQ idiot like you cannot tell me nothing.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2021, 11:34:06 AM »
What argument - the article is very clear - Luo Nyanza do not plant trees - who live there - Luos. How does that become tribalism?  How does calling you a LOW IQ idiot became an insult - when it's very obvious you have very low intellect.

If you call me low IQ - that is insulting.

Everytime someone say I am you - I find it very insulting.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »
If kenyan wasnt using fake names; Luo Nyanza would simply be Luoland. Central would be Kikuyuland. This is what happens in Uganda...it very common to refer to regions by their tribe names.

Every community in kenya has it's weakness and strengths.

I have called out kalenjin severally for it ills.

We call out kikuyu and kalenjin for alcoholism. Kalenjin for under-age sex and teenage pregnacy, Etc etc.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 11:40:03 AM »
Oh well, Have a look at your posts/threads.Littered with tribal supremacy. It should be about competition , I have told you severally.

Dont be primitive like a Maasai. I once went to homabay to find Luos with so many maasai like cows

Worse ni Maasai followed by Luos...then coast. Someone will probably die without ever planting a tree in those areas

What argument - the article is very clear - Luo Nyanza do not plant trees - who live there - Luos. How does that become tribalism?  How does calling you a LOW IQ idiot became an insult - when it's very obvious you have very low intellect.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 11:41:53 AM »
It nothing with tribal supremacy. I praise and call out communities or tribes based on the news of the time. I have praised Kikuyu enteprise and codemn it's alcoholism/drug abuse.

How many times have I condemned kalenjin here...for it's alcoholism and under-age/minor sex.

But when it come trees - yes Maasai, Luos and Mijikenda SHOULD WAKE UP. Do you see me saying Luos have a alcohol or drug problem - they DONT.

If you travel from Kakamega - you see trees - as soon as you enter Luo Nyanza - no trees - and it's arable - then you enter Kericho - you see trees - you pass into Maasai land - no trees - you enter kikuyu land - even if they are living in dry place - trees.

Obviously I am talking about the Majority - I know a few Luos plant trees - but as community they could do more.

Oh well, Have a look at your posts/threads.Littered with tribal supremacy. It should be about competition , I have told you severally.

Dont be primitive like a Maasai. I once went to homabay to find Luos with so many maasai like cows

Worse ni Maasai followed by Luos...then coast. Someone will probably die without ever planting a tree in those areas

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2021, 12:07:35 PM »
Noway you have to STOP hunting down pundit for every small thing. Please its like you are on a mission to deal with him.
Everyone in Kenya is tribal including you. Of course pundit goes a notch higher that may make people uncomfortable but you need cut him some slack.
Am not defending him but he is a representation of typical Kalenjin and we need read his mind. Pundit a know it all guy is harmless with his Kalenjin bow arrow guys. Deal with pundit as he is a mlevi with tribal stereotypes and know it all mentality. No one is perfect

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 12:18:31 PM »

Okay noted , Was just pointing a fact. He is tribal , simple and clear.

Noway you have to STOP hunting down pundit for every small thing. Please its like you are on a mission to deal with him.
Everyone in Kenya is tribal including you. Of course pundit goes a notch higher that may make people uncomfortable but you need cut him some slack.
Am not defending him but he is a representation of typical Kalenjin and we need read his mind. Pundit a know it all guy is harmless with his Kalenjin bow arrow guys. Deal with pundit as he is a mlevi with tribal stereotypes and know it all mentality. No one is perfect

Offline machoman

• VIP
  • Regular
  • No Man Is an Island
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 12:25:15 PM »
What this guy posts on weekends and monday mornings should sometimes be ignored

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2021, 01:49:46 PM »
1) I am not a mlevi - but I like my alcohol - I start almost at 6-7ishs almost everyday
2) I am not tribal - at all. But I am always ready for a little banter here and there. I think only Njamba is intelligent enough to know they are harmless.
3) Yes I know a lot of things - I basically spend my childhood reading so many newspapers/books - and I have almost photographic memory.