Author Topic: Pandora paper - Kenyatta have amassed small fortune  (Read 9471 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Pandora paper - Kenyatta have amassed small fortune
« on: October 03, 2021, 08:19:49 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/03/pandora-papers-biggest-ever-leak-of-offshore-data-exposes-financial-secrets-of-rich-and-powerful

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Pandora paper - Kenyatta have amassed small fortune
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 08:28:55 PM »
It's illegal for Uhuru to own offshore account.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 08:38:37 PM »
Yes I think so too. The swiss and related offshores are no longer where people hide their money. It's new offshores.This 3B is probbaly just the slush fund...cash balance. Otherwise most of the loot has been invested....in treasury bills or stocks or real estate.
He has more than they state.

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 09:47:51 PM »
I expect Gideon Moi and family will be right there.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 11:53:21 PM »
I like it when issues like these are brought into the open.
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 11:57:34 PM »
Hacking industry will expose the nefarious schemes of gov. Wikileaks and such have finally brought the deep global state to the open - showing the hypocrisy for what it is.
I like it when issues like these are brought into the open.

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 12:58:45 AM »
Come on Pundit, even you know that this is peanuts for the Kenyattas. And there is nothing illegal with having a foreign bank account. Even you have it.

They need to contextualise this story. If this is traceable to some corrupt dealings, then they should name it and that would be a different conversation altogether! The Kenyatta businesses can comfortably stash away this kinda cash and much more every year! Just from dividends earned. Nothing wrong with them keeping their money offshore if they wanted to..... this is a bull story just exciting the easily excitable ones.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 01:27:19 AM »
Read the constitution. Article 76. It's not only illegal; it's unconstitutional. I dont work for kenya gov...but if I did I would have to close my foreign account(s) - I have a few - but definitely dont have anything close to even 100K usd in any - I prefer to invest my money.
Come on Pundit, even you know that this is peanuts for the Kenyattas. And there is nothing illegal with having a foreign bank account. Even you have it.

They need to contextualise this story. If this is traceable to some corrupt dealings, then they should name it and that would be a different conversation altogether! The Kenyatta businesses can comfortably stash away this kinda cash and much more every year! Just from dividends earned. Nothing wrong with them keeping their money offshore if they wanted to..... this is a bull story just exciting the easily excitable ones.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 02:56:11 AM »
Kroll this family is freaking rich. I put their weather at about $1. $30 million is small change. Their accounts in Swiss and other places dwarf this. I hope someone can leak the sgr and infrastructure projects contract. Anyway moi cronies got away with it. Thsi too will be forgotten.

Raila bet imeungua kabisa. He is fucked. He should have stayed in opposition

Online Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2021, 04:06:49 AM »
Standardaes ans Nation Snub the story.
Ofcourse UDA will try to milk the story. Raila as will play his position of defending the indefenciable.
2022 election will turn out to be Hustler vs Dynasty.
Ruto had tried to change this narrative with Bottoms up economy narrative. He should sit out and let it take an organic route.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2021, 05:35:02 AM »
This is a horribly underwhelming report, Brookside alone makes more that a year.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 07:33:06 AM »
Death to the dynasties. Ruto should use this to hit them very hard especially gatheca. He should question the source of this wealth and demand answers like they always do to him.
Uhuru is the worst criminal am tempted to think the Kenyattas are a criminal family.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 07:38:13 AM »
I'm disappointed. $30M pekee?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2021, 09:33:05 AM »
Of course.

I expect Gideon Moi and family will be right there.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 09:40:12 AM »
This pandora box is just small lid on the Kenyattas and Mois stashing of kenya money abroad. Gicheru and Okemo are still wanted in Jersey,

Politically this will destroy Uhuru - like COVID Billionaires exposes his close family.

If Uhuru a well known thief was planning to use corruption propaganda against Ruto - now he has nothing.

A thief cannot hand over power to thief :)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 10:46:52 AM »
Actually nothing new here. It makes Kenyattas look poorer than they are in reality. What is 30M US$ to this family? Uhuru make more than 10 times alone with the SGR deal.
Kenyans knew Kenyattas were very corrupt even before Uhuru was elected in 2013.
The report claims Kenyattas are valued at 0.5B US$. I think the right figure should be ten times as much.

This pandora box is just small lid on the Kenyattas and Mois stashing of kenya money abroad. Gicheru and Okemo are still wanted in Jersey,

Politically this will destroy Uhuru - like COVID Billionaires exposes his close family.

If Uhuru a well known thief was planning to use corruption propaganda against Ruto - now he has nothing.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2021, 10:59:56 AM »
We knew he stole but such expose provide evidence.
Like COVID billionaire thing - the family was fingered.
Container - again fingered.
RELAThieves - but Uhuru was not fingered himself. Now he is fingered.

What is important is evidence....eventually these people will be felled by a simple thievery...not the grand looting.

Yes we strongly suspect Uhuru has stolen from SGR and others - but it's well hidden

So pandora is very important - because it's first time kenyatta loot hidden out there in Swiss alps is getting exposed.

Actually nothing new here. It makes Kenyattas look poorer than they are in reality. What is 30M US$ to this family? Uhuru make more than 10 times alone with the SGR deal.
Kenyans knew Kenyattas were very corrupt even before Uhuru was elected in 2013.
The report claims Kenyattas are valued at 0.5B US$. I think the right figure should be ten times as much.