Author Topic: Moi University to harvest Sh80 billion from apple farming  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Moi University to harvest Sh80 billion from apple farming
« on: September 21, 2021, 12:09:30 PM »
https://www.the-star.co.ke/counties/coast/2021-09-21-moi-university-to-harvest-sh80-billion-from-apple-farming/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Moi University to harvest Sh80 billion from apple farming
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 12:32:45 PM »
very wierd maths coming from a university

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 01:03:09 PM »
I thought they were launching the 80b kumbe hot air tupu. Project launching with huge figures. If project give 80b, Arcadian's sulking general would have been deep in it.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 02:19:39 PM »
I thought the same thing. Unless there very is serious inflation, Shs80b is a big number.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 02:51:35 PM »
Maybe they meant 80b Zimbabwe $.

I thought the same thing. Unless there very is serious inflation, Shs80b is a big number.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 03:58:20 PM »
Wambugu is a snake oil salesperson. He has found perfect suckers.

Tegemeo Institute at Egerton is one credible go to think tank when it comes to Agriculture maths.

Likely hiding or diverting attention from serious corruption skunk amidst insolvency of the universities.
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 04:05:44 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »
Very likely. But why is Dr Nyoro of Kiambu unable to bring his Tegemeo intellect to bear? I use to see Dr Nyoro sweating stats but Kiambu hakuna kitu.

Tegemeo Institute at Egerton is one credible go to think tank when it comes to Agriculture maths.

Likely hiding or diverting attention from serious corruption skunk amidst insolvency of the universities.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 04:25:24 PM »
Even if you go to Germany 10 times - and they force feed your miraa head with knowledge - you'll never reach my intellectual capacity. I was born with a big brain - accept and move on. By std2 everyone in our primary school knew of my math savant knowledge. By high school my nickname was computer. All my life - the only thing I never scored A - pure A - was English and Kiswahili. In university - I did not step in class - I use to take 48hours before the exam - read borrowed notes - and pass. I was mostly working. I have an almost photographic memory - I almost never forget anything I read -
Thats what you get when you have graduates like our own dear pundit and his know it all mentality.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 04:27:37 PM »
Even if you go to Germany 10 times - and they force feed your miraa head with knowledge - you'll never reach my intellectual capacity. I was born with a big brain - accept and move on. By std2 everyone in our primary school knew of my math savant knowledge. By high school my nickname was computer.
Thats what you get when you have graduates like our own dear pundit and his know it all mentality.
:D :D :D :D safi sana professa. But seriously would you consider a graduate from Moi university at par academically with others from the world?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 04:32:10 PM »
I actually got so dissappointed in university when I discovered the average Kenya proffesor is more stupid than high school teacher except very few.
Most of them scored pass in university - sticked around to get masters - then PHDS - and became proffesors.

Majority in our school - were high school teachers of maths and science  - taught in high school - who went back did masters or postgrad - then became tutorial fellow - then did PHDs - became university lectures - and proffesors

Very stupid people. So I agree with you. IQ zero. Kenya universities average proffesor is an IDIOT.

But students definitely in class like ours - we were some of top brains in Kenya. UON definitely in some courses where only A student get picked -you will find many remarkable brains.

Njuri you definitely could not make it our class - we had only two merus - one leading in NKubu high (misnomer) and another from Alliance high. Our of 40 kids - Alliance had highest at 7 - Kabarak followed with 5 - every other national school was either 1 or 2 - and then someone random from say Nkubu or Kisumu boys. Otherwise it was Lenanas, Strathmore, Mangu. And couple of form six from international school - we had remarkable mhindi woman - and another guy who was top kid in Lenana - those were top brains. And this was 90s when number of As were counted - 110 in our year - and so these were folks who had lead in academic all their lives.

:D :D :D :D safi sana professa. But seriously would you consider a graduate from Moi university at par academically with others from the world?

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 04:41:15 PM »
Small holder economies never show on the prime time news successes. You can only see it in number of kids affording school fees, malnutrition, the Freshas.

Kiambu economy is hard to pin on agriculture due to proximity to Nairobi metropolitan. 

The invisible choking hand of Ngina is also to blame. Most ground shaking ideas meant to benefit the bottomers die at Icaweri. JKUAT labs are full of these tested ideas.

Even with Freshathey have to contend with muddy roads. Likely the muddy roads were the reason for success of Fresha coz even getting the milk to Ruiru be nasty. 

Very likely. But why is Dr Nyoro of Kiambu unable to bring his Tegemeo intellect to bear? I use to see Dr Nyoro sweating stats but Kiambu hakuna kitu.

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 04:43:34 PM »
The Kenyatta and later Moi purge on intellectuals made it worse as only the fools who could sing baba na mama got to administration as kacheros. Kenya is a tragicomedy when you dissect it.

I actually got so dissappointed in university when I discovered the average Kenya proffesor is more stupid than high school teacher except very few.
Most of them scored pass in university - sticked around to get masters - then PHDS - and became proffesors.

Majority in our school - were high school teachers of maths and science  - taught in high school - who went back did masters or postgrad - then became tutorial fellow - then did PHDs - became university lectures - and proffesors

Very stupid people. So I agree with you. IQ zero. Kenya universities average proffesor is an IDIOT.

But students definitely in class like ours - we were some of top brains in Kenya. UON definitely in some courses where only A student get picked -you will find many remarkable brains.

Njuri you definitely could not make it our class - we had only two merus - one leading in NKubu high (misnomer) and another from Alliance high. Our of 40 kids - Alliance had highest at 7 - Kabarak followed with 5 - every other national school was either 1 or 2 - and then someone random from say Nkubu or Kisumu boys. Otherwise it was Lenanas, Strathmore, Mangu. And couple of form six from international school - we had remarkable mhindi woman - and another guy who was top kid in Lenana - those were top brains. And this was 90s when number of As were counted - 110 in our year - and so these were folks who had lead in academic all their lives.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 04:44:38 PM »
But with his tegemeo - he can do better than Wa-Iria in Muranga. Kiambu is ripe for large scale polutry and pork farming - and dairy is really well established in Kiambu - at least Githunguri and Ruiru - it need nothing.

What Kiambu need is to go big in polutry and pig farming...I dont understand why chicken abroad is 3-4 dollars - and in kenya it twice.

Dr Nyoro has no leadership. That is all I see. You can be smart but you need to know how to make things happen. Waitutu was better in his ulevi focus.

Small holder economies never show on the prime time news successes. You can only see it in number of kids affording school fees, malnutrition, the Freshas.

Kiambu economy is hard to pin on agriculture due to proximity to Nairobi metropolitan. 

The invisible choking hand of Ngina is also to blame. Most ground shaking ideas meant to benefit the bottomers die at Icaweri. JKUAT labs are full of these tested ideas.

Even with Freshathey have to contend with muddy roads. Likely the muddy roads were the reason for success of Fresha coz even getting the milk to Ruiru be nasty. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2021, 04:49:11 PM »
I am not sure - but it seem to be an old problem - because most old proffesors when you dig their history - they started as high school or even primary teachers :) Certainly very few were impressive. Very few. Maybe in medicine you could hear of Prof Magohas. In our college - maybe Getao and one indian - and few visiting wazungus.

The rest were high school teachers now teaching in universities....raw material IQ wise absent.

The Kenyatta and later Moi purge on intellectuals made it worse as only the fools who could sing baba na mama got to administration as kacheros. Kenya is a tragicomedy when you dissect it.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 04:52:50 PM »
RV , where are your remarkable classmates now, are they successful im the different fields they ventured in post Universirty. Give us 5 examples.
Where as I can agree with you that UON used to pick the brightest student once in University they used to get distracted. Never used yo attend Lectures , used to club Daily in CBD from Mwendas, Tropez , Verendah , Sabina Joy name all the places now that coupled with strikes and indiscipline in addition to buying exams it used to churn out half baked graduates . The ones who you are accusing of poor work ethic. One reason you dont hear of so called Alliance boys as a success story after University.
Mind you one forms his or character at ages 19-24. So you can conclude why successful people are the ones who had discipline at that age  Certainly not in U.O.N.

Njuri you definitely could not make it our class - we had only two merus - one leading in NKubu high and another from Alliance high. Our of 40 kids - Alliance had highest at 7 - Kabarak followed with 5 - every other national school was either 1 or 2 - and then someone random from say Nkubu or Kisumu boys. Otherwise it was Lenanas, Strathmore, Mangu. And couple of form six from international school - we had remarkable mhindi woman - and another guy who was top kid in Lenana - those were top brains. And this was 90s when number of As were counted - 110 in our year - and so these were folks who had lead in academic all their lives.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 05:00:09 PM »
I am not going to give you names of course - but I think majority are successfully.  Anyona son was bad news. But last I heard those days - he had gone bonkers and quit work. But that guy was very brilliant...and had been brilliant all his life at Milimani primary Nairobi...and Alliance he was top student...at UON he was top.

Anyona was then MP - more a cartoon - with old datsun - that he eventually crashed into a truck and died in Uhuru highway I think. But his son was totally opposite - of George Anyona :) - until he quit the bank job two years later. Maybe he got depressed with  his father death? But Anyona had been arrested for most of 80s.

A few went back to UON - and are now proffesors - they beat the high school teachers there of course brain wise.

The frustration of having top brains taught by idiot:) My meru friend who was very brilliant; use to come for last one week and pass; that was in first year; the rest of the time he'd be drinking; By fourth year I had taken it a notch high; the lecturers I had discovered just hated intellectualism; they just want you to read their notes; so I used to be out working; then read 48hrs to exam; never stepped in class; and I would pass.

I would read for total of 4hrs for entire semster of work ...2hours I do what call mental structure - I scan through - creating mental structures on my head - avoiding any details - sleep - then next day - I fill in the details. This my way sure-proof way of reading...first I create the structures - and then fill in the details.

RV , where are your remarkable classmates now, are they successful im the different fields they ventured in post Universirty. Give us 5 examples.
Where as I can agree with you that UON used to pick the brightest student once in University they used to get distracted. Never used yo attend Lectures , used to club Daily in CBD from Mwendas, Tropez , Verendah , Sabina Joy name all the places now that coupled with strikes and indiscipline in addition to buying exams it used to churn out half baked graduates . The ones who you are accusing of poor work ethic. One reason you dont hear of so called Alliance boys as a success story after University.
Mind you one forms his or character at ages 19-24. So you can conclude why successful people are the ones who had discipline at that age  Certainly not in U.O.N.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 05:11:15 PM »
I would put the main obstacle to be family theft 😂😂😂😂. Idle relative fakas will clean up a whole batch one night when you blink or are away to Uganda to get feeds. The farmhand will be gotten drunk and they arrange a quick pick up. With many vichinjios there is ready market.

Wa Irias milk project is going down badly.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1250455585419058

But with his tegemeo - he can do better than Wa-Iria in Muranga. Kiambu is ripe for large scale polutry and pork farming - and dairy is really well established in Kiambu - at least Githunguri and Ruiru - it need nothing.

What Kiambu need is to go big in polutry and pig farming...I dont understand why chicken abroad is 3-4 dollars - and in kenya it twice.

Dr Nyoro has no leadership. That is all I see. You can be smart but you need to know how to make things happen. Waitutu was better in his ulevi focus.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »
dle
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 05:15:40 PM »
But I think that is where leadership come in to fix those problems...including chicken feeds. The county can subsidize, he can also establish chicken movement control, chicken saccos, chicken hatching/ breeding (this biggest problem - with Moi/ndegwa kenchi).

I am sure if Kiambu gov took poultry and pig farming seriously like it did dairy - it would be great - because the fundamentals are there - Nairobi is waiting - and it ideal for small land sizes.

I had rather Wa-Iria tried and failed..but Nyoro with copious amount of Tegemeo fake phd doing nothing

I would put the main obstacle to be family theft 😂😂😂😂. Idle relative fakas will clean up a whole batch one night when you blink or are away to Uganda to get feeds. The farmhand will be gotten drunk and they arrange a quick pick up. With many vichinjios there is ready market.

Wa Irias milk project is going down badly.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1250455585419058