Author Topic: Kenya have bad work ethic  (Read 3002 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kenya have bad work ethic
« on: September 17, 2021, 07:43:45 PM »
I have to agree....1) Ulevi 2) Uzembe and 3) Uwizi.

You have to sometimes understand why those arabs mistreat kenyans - rarely do I hear of them doing it to Ugandans.

In my business sojourn - getting good workforce in kenya is so difficult - the rare few with work ethic/hardwork/honesty are all hired - people are waiting for them to leave job - so they can hire them - but those who have hired them - will never let go of them.

Uganda I hired - while not so hard working - are very honest.

Generally wakenya wote ni wa-izi na wajuaji- dishonest n corrupt- so you want to avoid wazembe na walevi...if you mix you get Uhuru :) or Raila. In my large extended family - I can confidently count maybe 2 or 3 people - I can trust with money..2 or 3 out of 30-40 people I know...will get the job done.

The only great think about kenyans - ni wajuaji na wajanja - try Uganda - jamaa cannot think or take any initiative or solve any problem. Lazima kazi iwe na structures for a Uganda or rest of Africans to excel...everything laid down in clear SOP. If any problem okay - Jamaa will wait for you even a month patiently.

Wakenya OVERTHINK, look for shortcuts and panya routes all the time. If only kenyans could use their great educations to do great things...we would be unbeatable. How will the embedded culture of dishonesty and corruption ends - nobody knows. I dont know if politcians or boarding school...I blame boarding school...that is where Kenya learn and excel in cheating. At least I remember the first time I lied was in a boarding school.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Kenya have bad work ethic
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 07:54:35 PM »
Yes, the work ethic is hard to come by. You have baby sit most of these people or no work will be done. Ulevi na wizi..mix the two a drunkard and thief it will a disaster

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 07:56:53 PM »
Yes actually kenyans are hardworking - shida ni ulevi - hangover kubwa - and the likes. So it's ulevi na Uwizi. When sober they can crank hours.

Mtu ako Miraa 24hours tena na pombe juu yake.... tomorrow morning he has a serious hangover - and will recover in the afternoon - aanze tena.

Hiyo Miraa need to be banned...Wameru na Waembu watafute kazi ingine.Miraa is destroying kenya and nobody is brave enough to flag it...you cannot mix miraa na pombe...and survive.

I know my former workmate - guys were on miraa - they became just zombies - nawafanyie kazi - eventually they get fired.

Yes, the work ethic is hard to come by. You have baby sit most of these people or no work will be done. Ulevi na wizi..mix the two a drunkard and thief it will a disaster

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 08:23:12 PM »
Its a combination of factors, Top of ot all is ujuaji followed by politics in everything the worse of all is kutoambilika. 
You can witness this type of behaviour in Nipate.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 08:33:58 PM »
Sounds like you're on passive-aggressive mode on me :)
Ama vipi?
Tell us real life experience in any business you have done in kenya.
You should have lot of stories.

When I am hiring personally - I dont mind Ujuaji - it's part of problem solving - as long as it's not arrogance mixed with ignorance meaning somoene cannot take any instructions - the problem is lack of work ethic - this is where 90 ercent of kenya fail - and in my career the difference btw a excellent software engineer is normally those days you need to grind for like 48hours no stop. If you have no work ethic - then you can still suceeded if you are available in critical days. Nobody will remember the daily grind - but everyone will remember the guy who save the world when everything went down. Some careers do not have such burst of energy times...majority are doing your work daily on the same burn rate.

And most kenya do good when the extra grind is needed - problem solving required - where they fail is the daily grind.

Its a combination of factors, Top of ot all is ujuaji followed by politics in everything the worse of all is kutoambilika. 

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 09:37:32 PM »

Mbona wajishuku. What I was describing is what we used to call "Ukenya" back in early 2000s. Its in majority of Kenyans perhsps less in people from the Coastal part of Kenya.
Its also here in Nipate and not necessarily you.  Politics is on the DNA of Kenyans , We are entertained by politics, politics is sports to Kenyans and also the alpha and Omega.
A Kenyan "seems " to know American politics than the Americans and know about Putin better than Russians.
A kenyan will never agree with you on anything. In a debate he will appear to act  as your opponent only to flip the story pr narrative and say what you are saying . Why not concur ?
Its only in Kenya where you will be supporting an idea but still quarell about the idea.
Is societal and engrained in the Kenyan D.N.A  Have you ever been in a meeting of Kenyans and find all people agreeing on one thing, well with exception of the Cabinet.

Ama vipi?

When I am hiring personally - I dont mind Ujuaji - it's part of problem solving - as long as it's not arrogance mixed with ignorance meaning somoene cannot take any instructions - the problem is lack of work ethic - this is where 90 ercent of kenya fail - and in my career the difference btw a excellent software engineer is normally those days you need to grind for like 48hours no stop. If you have no work ethic - then you can still suceeded if you are available in critical days. Nobody will remember the daily grind - but everyone will remember the guy who save the world when everything went down. Some careers do not have such burst of energy times...majority are doing your work daily on the same burn rate.

And most kenya do good when the extra grind is needed - problem solving required - where they fail is the daily grind.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 09:58:53 PM »
It education systems. kenya indeed are very worldly. We have very good education. No doubt about that. I have never seen kids go to school by 5 am except in Kenya. That is why CBC doesnt really make sense..it was NOT BROKEN...what is broken is post high school

Pick any random kenya - they understand issues.

Shida sasa ni morals - corruption and drugs abuse.

Mbona wajishuku. What I was describing is what we used to call "Ukenya" back in early 2000s. Its in majority of Kenyans perhsps less in people from the Coastal part of Kenya.
Its also here in Nipate and not necessarily you.  Politics is on the DNA of Kenyans , We are entertained by politics, politics is sports to Kenyans and also the alpha and Omega.
A Kenyan "seems " to know American politics than the Americans and know about Putin better than Russians.
A kenyan will never agree with you on anything. In a debate he will appear to act  as your opponent only to flip the story pr narrative and say what you are saying . Why not concur ?
Its only in Kenya where you will be supporting an idea but still quarell about the idea.
Is societal and engrained in the Kenyan D.N.A  Have you ever been in a meeting of Kenyans and find all people agreeing on one thing, well with exception of the Cabinet.

Ama vipi?

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 12:06:06 AM »
Agree with your sentiments Kabisa. Even in my family, getting a trusted, honest, straightforward person is rare. Everyone wants to milk you dry, deliver shoddy work, and always have reasons why the 'thing' failed. I still have 1 million shillings for two family members I told them to quit alcohol, avoid lies, and be straightforward people and they get the money in minutes to start Ka small biasharas in the village. I check their behavioral evolution/adjustment every month to see if they are improving, but they are getting worse instead! From 2013 to 2021, no improvement. One eventually told me, "keep your 500K because I cannot quit "teret/Pombe."Not a credit check but an easy lifestyle check, and these folks cannot pass it!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 07:23:36 AM »
Yes kenyans have a poor work ethic but its not laziness per se. Generally Kenyans love shortcuts and are corrupt,this is a culture perfected during Mois era and compounded bya poor education system 8-4-4 you get the likes of pundit a really bright fellow but nevertheless shallow when it comes into deep perspective and 360 degree indepth thinking. 844 was a shortcut to education and now that's why Kenyans live by short cuts and don't want CBC which actually will put them to universal standards. A Kenyan graduate currently is just a mere semi illiterate compared to others world wide.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2021, 08:31:29 AM »
Let us also be fair, different generations have different societal norms.. The people born during Colonial times 1900s to 1930s are/were very hardworking and appreciated good values. The ones Born Pre -Independence  1940s to 1963 also but lets say 50-50
 The ones born after independence bad and it took a worse turn from there. As a nation we lost societal values and expectations.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2021, 11:24:05 AM »
Just because you did you master in German - doesnt mean - you never went for 8-4-4 - and please nobody can attribute any deep thinking with you Njuri - not even in your anthropology and museums studies.

Corruption as sub culture yes I think gov definitely has a role; our corruption is pervasive and systemic; everyone in it.

Yes kenyans have a poor work ethic but its not laziness per se. Generally Kenyans love shortcuts and are corrupt,this is a culture perfected during Mois era and compounded bya poor education system 8-4-4 you get the likes of pundit a really bright fellow but nevertheless shallow when it comes into deep perspective and 360 degree indepth thinking. 844 was a shortcut to education and now that's why Kenyans live by short cuts and don't want CBC which actually will put them to universal standards. A Kenyan graduate currently is just a mere semi illiterate compared to others world wide.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2021, 11:28:07 AM »
Youre better of with trying to find women - at least they do not drink - although they can be naive - you'll find they were con all the money - if not by a boyfriend - then a pastor :). Church is one of the most corrupt institution.

Agree with your sentiments Kabisa. Even in my family, getting a trusted, honest, straightforward person is rare. Everyone wants to milk you dry, deliver shoddy work, and always have reasons why the 'thing' failed. I still have 1 million shillings for two family members I told them to quit alcohol, avoid lies, and be straightforward people and they get the money in minutes to start Ka small biasharas in the village. I check their behavioral evolution/adjustment every month to see if they are improving, but they are getting worse instead! From 2013 to 2021, no improvement. One eventually told me, "keep your 500K because I cannot quit "teret/Pombe."Not a credit check but an easy lifestyle check, and these folks cannot pass it!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2021, 11:30:47 AM »
Mzungu whipping worked on the older generation.
Maybe we need to introduce canning of men:)
Let us also be fair, different generations have different societal norms.. The people born during Colonial times 1900s to 1930s are/were very hardworking and appreciated good values. The ones Born Pre -Independence  1940s to 1963 also but lets say 50-50
 The ones born after independence bad and it took a worse turn from there. As a nation we lost societal values and expectations.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2021, 02:26:33 PM »
Mzungu whipping worked on the older generation.
Maybe we need to introduce canning of men:)

Wow  :o

What an awful thing to say!

You never cease to shock me.

I agree with Njuri the rot started under Moi, I hope his nephew never follows him into state house.

You guys have an atavistic mindset.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2021, 02:28:57 PM »
In a broken society like kenya - only such drastic measure under dictatorship will work. Under Ruto - any laziness in gov - will result in public whipping. Yeah not with sticks - but with firing. Kagame is changing Rwanda through dictatorship - just like China and many countries are.

Sometimes democracy can be dysfunctional...and quarrelsome like kenya..with nothing to show...while Rwandese, Chinese and name it are making big if forced move forward...their army whipping the country forward.

Wow  :o

What an awful thing to say!

You never cease to shock me.

I agree with Njuri the rot started under Moi, I hope his nephew never follows him into state house.

You guys have an atavistic mindset.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 02:36:31 PM »
In a broken society like kenya - only such drastic measure under dictatorship will work. Under Ruto - any laziness in gov - will result in public whipping. Yeah not with sticks - but with firing. Kagame is changing Rwanda through dictatorship - just like China and many countries are.

Sometimes democracy can be dysfunctional...and quarrelsome like kenya..with nothing to show...while Rwandese, Chinese and name it are making big if forced move forward...their army whipping the country forward.

Ndii architect of hustla bandia movement will disagree with you, he maintains democratic system is paramount - anasema hamna maendeleo bila political freedom. Rwanda's progress is a mirage but there is no popular buy in. 

I see why you voted against cok10, no democratic bone in your body.

You are a militarist.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 02:41:41 PM »
I am all for anything that work. I am progressive. If Ndii can make our democracy works - fine. If kenyans can somehow fix their work and moral ethics - then fine.

Rwanda is making real progress - growing at 7 percent annually - I visit Kigali every year - and it's getting better every year.

You're the same type - that derided China - saying China was cooking figures - until the evidence became overwhelming with super trains, and next world infrastructure.

Ndii architect of hustla bandia movement will disagree with you, he maintains democratic system is paramount - anasema hamna maendeleo bila political freedom. Rwanda's progress is a mirage but there is no popular buy in. 

I see why you voted against cok10, no democratic bone in your body.

You are a militarist.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 10:57:40 AM »
?s=21 More garbage from the shithole.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 12:17:14 PM »
I like the laziness. The ulevi. The wizi. Not sticking to jobs by younger Kenyans. Very transformative. Live and let live!

Means lower taxes and even births the hustler revolution.

The reward and punishment system is rigged. The thieves, the incompetent and the drunks want the rest to be industrious and work hard for them. Mzungu comes steal your land with a generational natural water reservoir then calls you lazy illegal herder - It is madness.
From the top - when ruto is working for raila and ufool, it is all good, wacha he starts piling the loot for himself.

In industrial area, same song- you become industrious- supervisors fire you for threatening them. Corporates same case.

I interacted with some of my cousins before they were gunned down in Dandora and Kayole around 2016, and they were clear they knew what they were doing, were happy, knew death was lurking but would never sell sukuma like their mothers forever.  Never!

With only entrepreneurial spirit as the only factor od production you control you have to give those hoarding land, capital and wages all the shit.

Land redistribution would be a great start. I always see Kiambu youths getting flack for selling land yet newspapers are full of auction stories of the land and buildings by so called 'success stories'.

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »
Perfect case: The doctors and nurses are so broken you wonder why they work in Kenya.

You keep being told it is a 'calling' by the Mafya House, Covid billionnaires. The public hates you as they expect you to carry the sick on your back instead of watching them die.

?s=21 More garbage from the shithole.
Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one ~ Thomas Paine