Author Topic: Paul Kagame And Rwanda Genocide  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Paul Kagame And Rwanda Genocide
« on: October 15, 2014, 04:09:40 PM »
A BBC Documentary.  Kagame does not give a damn.  The Kagame era will not end nicely.

Not a valid vimeo URL
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Paul Kagame And Rwanda Genocide
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 04:27:14 PM »
Any new insights.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »
Any new insights.
The confessions by Nyamwasa are shocking.  He categorically says Kagame ordered the shooting down of Habiyarimana's plane.  He is ready to testify in any court.  He is living on borrowed time.

The other one that comes to mind.  And I have wondered about that before.  If 1 million Tutsis (or mostly Tutsis were slaughtered in 1994).  Where did they come from?  Given their numbers in the country at the time.  Some figures have them at 500,000 max.  300,000 fled or survived.  That leaves the balance, 800,000 dead, as Hutus.

Kagame, as is usual, does not shy away from threats to his power.  He makes no distinction his power and the Rwandan state.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 05:49:03 PM »
Should nyamwasa not be the one to be take responsibility before kagame since they were together at the time?i read on NYT that the missile which shot down Habyarimana plane came from Uganda stockpile bought from soviet union and UG was supporting kagame RPF at the time..truth will come out later..on the number of dead people i agree,majority of people killed were hutu since 1990 census indicated there were about 700K tutsi at the time,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »
I finished watching it. No wonder Kagame is against the ICC. In the cover of opposing the ICC he is actually fighting his own case. He is worse than Uhuru by far.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 06:20:55 PM »
Who gave the order between the two?
Should nyamwasa not be the one to be take responsibility before kagame since they were together at the time?i read on NYT that the missile which shot down Habyarimana plane came from Uganda stockpile bought from soviet union and UG was supporting kagame RPF at the time..truth will come out later..on the number of dead people i agree,majority of people killed were hutu since 1990 census indicated there were about 700K tutsi at the time,

Without Prejudice.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »
I guess i need to watch it. Yes Kagame seem to have done it and shifted the blame on the French and Belgium. Rwanda will have to find closure one way or the other. Maybe Moi radical idea of splitting tusti and hutus into two countries might be the solution. Been to rwanda..and you can cut the tension on the air.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
Omollo,If Nyamwasa was honest he would have reported the matter back in those 1994 days not after he fell out with kagame that is hypocrisy of the highest order,Who was bankrolling Kagame RPF and Museveni at the time?On splitting Tutsi and hutu into different countries,and also splitting DRC into small countries is a welcome idea for it to be manageable,The idea of nationhood in a multi ethnic is false which is a tool for under development,Yugoslavia was like Rwanda or DRC and after dissolution there has been persistent peace,If you ever travel to Rwanda,avoid asking people which tribes they come from,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
You are not being realistic. This is NOT the first guy to blow the whistle on Kagame. Dozens others have tried before. The first ten years belonged to Kagame. He decided when the sun rose and set not just in Rwanda but in a number of Western Capitals. He is the one guy who could decide he has to be in Washington on a given date and hour and the US can't reschedule he won't. So people have to be moved up and down the diary to find time for Kagame. Try to tell anybody that he is a mass murderer and see where you go.

Now whistle blowing has no expiry date when the credibility increases or decreases. There are persons who have worked for years until retirement in many important institutions who have then blown the whistle. The guy who blew the whistle on Vietnam was no young man and he had spent years gathering the documents. Manning took his time copying the cables and other data before leaking the same. When do you think Snowdon should have left? The moment he discovered what the NSA was up to or wait to his satisfaction. I brief I actually see no reason to second guess this guy.

Is he complicit? Yes and he agrees. The world is full of people who enter plea bargains for prosecutors to get bigger fish.

People do and can live together without a problem. It is when institutions fail or are killed that people become helpless and take to easy solutions. Security failed allowing Kagame to blow the plane out of the air; The absence of disciplined police allowed civilians to engage in killings which in turn allowed Kagame and the RPF to enter and kill more Hutus.

Take Kenya today: Uhuru is saying nothing as a man's land is invaded in Karen. Later when ordinary people invade his lands in Kwale and Taveta, he will try to use the military to get them out. They will feel unjustly treated because he did not do the same in Karen or on the Waitiki Farm in Likoni!
Omollo,If Nyamwasa was honest he would have reported the matter back in those 1994 days not after he fell out with kagame that is hypocrisy of the highest order,Who was bankrolling Kagame RPF and Museveni at the time?On splitting Tutsi and hutu into different countries,and also splitting DRC into small countries is a welcome idea for it to be manageable,The idea of nationhood in a multi ethnic is false which is a tool for under development,Yugoslavia was like Rwanda or DRC and after dissolution there has been persistent peace,If you ever travel to Rwanda,avoid asking people which tribes they come from,

Without Prejudice.