Author Topic: The Makonde and the Wapemba  (Read 5018 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
The Makonde and the Wapemba
« on: October 14, 2014, 06:59:22 PM »
This manenos should have ended a long time ago. Politicians use these people to win elections each election cycle. We have a new katiba. Their children and grand children are definitely citizens. They have over qualified for citizenship considering Indians get it after two weeks of stay in Delhi waiting for the flight to Nairobi.

They should be free to vote in Mozambique elections if they can arrange their dual nationality. Problem solved.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
Re: The Makonde and the Wapemba
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 09:52:30 AM »
Yes sixty years is such a long time. They should be Kenya citizens by now.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:14:13 AM »
Seem straight forward issue. Give them dual citizenship.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 10:41:36 AM »
Any group of people that were in the British creation called Kenya should have become automatic citizens at independence.  I am actually surprised that such a thing is up for discussion.

These people should seek a Supreme Court ruling granting them what they should aready have by birth.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 12:40:45 PM »
Any group of people that were in the British creation called Kenya should have become automatic citizens at independence.  I am actually surprised that such a thing is up for discussion.

These people should seek a Supreme Court ruling granting them what they should aready have by birth.

You are right. I think they should appoint a representative/lawyer to push through these issues.

Offline TheDayTheDollarDies

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 07:28:20 PM »
Becoming a citizen of Kenya requires one to follow the law. The law is clear, and they DO NOT QUALIFY. People should stop pulling laws from their  wherever

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »
Becoming a citizen of Kenya requires one to follow the law. The law is clear, and they DO NOT QUALIFY. People should stop pulling laws from their  wherever

You are full of jokes

Citizenship by registration.
15. (1) A person who has been married to a citizen for a period of at least seven years is entitled on application to be registered as a citizen.

(2) A person who has been lawfully resident in Kenya for a continuous period of at least seven years, and who satisfies the conditions prescribed by an Act of Parliament, may apply to be registered as a citizen.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline anarchista

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »
The Nubians in Kibra get the same crap. Only difference is they may get registered in cycles of five years should a Livondo happen by.

I remember being asked to produce an ID card before I could buy a dstv box at Nakumat. I laughed so hard she sold it to me anyway. Kenyans have never gotten over the pass book. It's a crying shame!
Sins of the father... . . blood from the son

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 01:51:21 PM »

So which is this you are referring to? Seems we are reading from different scripts.