Author Topic: my next law intensive... this weekend  (Read 782 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
my next law intensive... this weekend
« on: August 12, 2019, 03:54:13 PM »
The attorney-general is coming to meet us and talk about the law for 1.5 hrs. Who talks for 1.5 hours? I'm flying in late so will miss the first hour. I actually really like law school. My instructors wear suits and they talk impeccably. My tutors are barristers and they're just so sharp and knowledgeable. Makes me aspire to actually become a barrister someday. They also have catering, coffee, tea etc. and print our notes for us, punch hole and folders, also supply us with free textbooks. So different to the slop job shit I endured in my other degrees.

I enjoy the group sessions because we work on real cases for real people and it feels meaningful. Had a 5hr tut session which felt like 5 minutes. Tackling a case, examining the evidence, reports, constructing timelines, finding laws and cases to present a compelling argument... I love it.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: my next law intensive... this weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »
Sounds like fun.  In another life I think I would have been a lawyer.  Or a historian.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 02:33:44 PM »
Termi I thought you are a lawyer... you're so good with words/ arguments etc.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 03:39:11 PM »
Termi I thought you are a lawyer... you're so good with words/ arguments etc.

No.  I juggle bits for a living.  I suck a bit at reading human nuances and uncertainty.  But, yes, I can distill an argument or two.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman