Author Topic: Immigration help  (Read 1791 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Immigration help
« on: September 16, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
I need a 411 on Canadian skilled immigration. I have a lady a single mother that I am helping relocate. She is in Kenya with bcomm from uon and cpa with 7 years accounting experience.

Also I am looking into Australia. Please inbox me details. I need a lawyer or legal aid office that can help this mother ..she is desperate and suffering from clinical depression

Thanks

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Immigration help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 05:06:45 PM »
Does she have a relative in Canada? And 25,000 Canadian dollars? How old is she, early 30s? She seems like a good fit, has all the high marks. Would be better if she had a PhD or a masters. Will need to sit an IETL/CELTA exam (Don't rem the exact initials, but google it, you should find it). In any case there are very many Canadian Immigration firms online. You should find a few in a short while. I was looking into it a short while back, wanted to move to an English-speaking country. All the best.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »
She has a bachelor and working. Cpa k..I will pass this message ro her. I will look into these tests

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:28:14 PM »
She doesn't have any money..I am helping her pro bono..she is I think in her 30s

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 07:57:55 PM »
@Plato,

Immigration to Canada is not the monster many believe it to be. It is a points-system hinged on:

- language ability
- work experience
- other factors

Kadame you meant IELTS which measures language ability.

The Canadian Govt has worked hard to make it a DIY process so fear not, do not waste your money on immigration firns who will only be too glad to milk dollars from you. You absolutely do not need them. They are in business and often not honest, feeding off desperate applicants.

I have been through the whole process. Intially I was approached by an immigration firm (I have no idea how they got my details) but after eating some of my money, I was convinced by a canadian friend, I could do it myself and took it from there.

There are some hard truths. One's Age is a factor, if you are not in your early 30s or younger, it is an uphill task.

You will need to do IELTS and it has to be less than 2 years old. Your educational credetials if not Canadian will have to be checked by one of 6 appointed firms like WES (google it) - this process could take you almost two months.

For starters run and fill this Govt tool and see what your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score makes you elligible:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

If you are eligible, I could work with the applicant, through here or offline. Be prepared for cold, hard facts.

Does she have a relative in Canada? And 25,000 Canadian dollars? How old is she, early 30s? She seems like a good fit, has all the high marks. Would be better if she had a PhD or a masters. Will need to sit an IETL/CELTA exam (Don't rem the exact initials, but google it, you should find it). In any case there are very many Canadian Immigration firms online. You should find a few in a short while. I was looking into it a short while back, wanted to move to an English-speaking country. All the best.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 09:59:12 PM »
Thanks AO, I will definitely ask this lady to take your generous offer

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 02:53:28 PM »
Ao she is taking the comprehensive ranking testing now

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 04:43:37 PM »
The number of kenyans booking one way tickets out of zamunda seem to be skyrocketing!

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 05:05:20 PM »
Can you imagine the indignity this lady is going through. Highly educated and has no job and is getting charity from her church to educate her daughter.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 06:21:31 AM »
To process a permanent residency application in Australia costs about 10 grand upfront to the immigration solicitor based in Australia. Best bet is to go through refugee route ie. fleeing from war, abuse etc. but this route can take years. Canada is better.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 08:38:27 PM »
To process a permanent residency application in Australia costs about 10 grand upfront to the immigration solicitor based in Australia. Best bet is to go through refugee route ie. fleeing from war, abuse etc. but this route can take years. Canada is better.
Oh, do not bother with Australia. Their current politicians have been inspired by Trumpism and been passing all sorts of draconian anti-immigration laws, even some that will actually hurt their economy in the long run (Making it impossible for highly skilled trained people to remain after their PhD, for example, including even in the STEM fields where they have a shortage of native born people.) Canada is the only Western country whose government is not openly making anti-immigrant moves, IMO.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 09:07:12 PM »
Veritas get those conservatives thrown on the the ocean ..we have a Kenyan senator there who is a womb politician

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »
KP, politicians like academics aren't useful. The world can function without them. They offer comedic relief and that's important to the psyche of the masses.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 05:10:53 PM »
AO
I sent you a message to your inbox

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 11:11:10 PM »
AO
I sent you a message to your inbox
Plato,
I see no message in AoH inbox from @KenyanPlato. I sure you got that right? Perhaps you ask Veritas how that is done.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 01:17:16 AM »
Please send me an email at mwakihamza8@gmail.com

Nipate inbox is not working

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
Please send me an email at mwakihamza8@gmail.com

Nipate inbox is not working

Plato, I have inboxed you. Unfortunately I don't see the attachment function for the PM, so I was forced back here to attach on the public forum.
See attached graphic note. Note that the icon next also allows you to email me.
Have you tried that? or that email function?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 05:41:26 PM »
I replied..I am getting old and clumsy