Author Topic: Raila has betrayed his people, pole baba  (Read 2019 times)

Offline patel

• Enigma
Raila has betrayed his people, pole baba
« on: March 10, 2018, 02:49:19 AM »

Offline patel

• Enigma
Re: Raila has betrayed his people, pole baba
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 02:53:47 AM »
'.....we were willing, we came  when you called but man you fooled us....'

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »
This is good for Kenya. We can't be in competition mode for 5 years. Time for serious development focus... question Jubilee on its 5-year objectives - marshall plan - vison 2030, etc. From parliament - not the amorphous people's assembly and maandamano. Imagine now all those young men and women can go about their jobs instead of teargas and pointless agitation. Dare to imagine...
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 12:41:54 PM »
This is good for Kenya. We can't be in competition mode for 5 years. Time for serious development focus... question Jubilee on its 5-year objectives - marshall plan - vison 2030, etc. From parliament - not the amorphous people's assembly and maandamano. Imagine now all those young men and women can go about their jobs instead of teargas and pointless agitation. Dare to imagine...
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 03:57:57 PM »
Robina stopped thinking a long time ago. The reason for the under development is massive looting and mismanagement of the economy by ouruto and has nothing to do with the politics.   Moi had the political stage all to himself for 24 years and Kenya never moved from its third world economic status but instead sunk lower. In the US, the political season ends very briefly for folks to figure out who when then the fights start next day. Ouruto have no idea how to stop this economy from bleeding because they cannot stop themselves from stealing and plundering.  They then came up with empty excuses which the gullible like Robina swallow and regurgitate like zoombies without any thought.  "Its Raila's fault."

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »
Robina stopped thinking a long time ago. The reason for the under development is massive looting and mismanagement of the economy by ouruto and has nothing to do with the politics.   Moi had the political stage all to himself for 24 years and Kenya never moved from its third world economic status but instead sunk lower. In the US, the political season ends very briefly for folks to figure out who won the presidential elections then the fights start next day.  The US House of Representatives only have a two year term meaning they are on election mode all the time.  Ouruto have no idea how to stop this economy from bleeding because they cannot stop themselves from stealing and plundering.  They then came up with empty excuses which the gullible like Robina swallow hook and sinker and then regurgitate like zoombies without any thought.  "Its Raila's fault."

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »
Kichwa Raila & ODM have joined Uhuru... who do you speak for now?

Lack of development is not just caused by the leadership - that's a lesser factor - it's the people's enterprise that counts the most. Kenyans have failed themselves much more than the state has failed them. In any case the command economics of the Chinese is one you oppose vehemently.

The West - that you support - is a private-sector led free market - something slaggard uninventive Kenyans are loathe to do.

Uhuruto and Kibadinga have done much better as the leadership than the average Kichwa has ever done as the co-owner-ship.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »
Corruption index and human development index graph.  Discuss.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »
The economy will pick. The toxic hate and tension among the serfs was just too consuming - they could not engage in the hard labour as expected to meet tax obligations for the luxury of their local and foreign masters.

Taking of foreign masters, mzungu who squeezed Uhuru and Raila balls will pour more monies into his interests given the uncertainties in South Africa and Ethiopia once the political noise dies down or till Ruto or Raila picks the hatchet again.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 07:25:22 PM »
Corruption index and human development index graph.  Discuss.

Indirect relationship. This is non-linear... unsupervised learning... with many inputs for one output. Requires R kind of graphics.

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 10:45:46 PM »
Sorry, for repeating this here.... I actually meant it for this discussion topic.

Raila took the pragmatic route given the forces arrayed against him. Kalonzo, Musalia, Wetangula can rant whatever they want. The 3 fellows have been extortionist hangers on. Muasalia had already declared that we start talking 2022, and Kalonzo had already made suggestions that he was willing to do a roundtable with Jubilee; only he had no clout to make this happen. Wetangula is really happy to have made it back as a senator and Minority Leader....he adds very little value to NASA and was really a free loader. His winning his seat was only because he is allied with Raila, otherwise he would easily lose.

So in a way Raila was a lone ranger doing the heavy lifting and at some point he looks at himself in the mirror and decided he must now be selfish and do Raila. This is early times....in due time we will know what really is in his heart of hearts. What has prompted this move? We don't know. If Jubilee ever thinks that they have vanquished him, I would wager that that will be the mistake of their short sojourn as a political party.

That said, a long-drawn altercation like it has been wears down any man; Raila has had no equal to help run the course. Not like the hot boiling years of the 90's where there was enough solid and smart opposition members to cause enough opprobrium around the place. Our 3 musketeers above would always duck whenever there was some heat.... That said, as a strategy of good general I would support Raila's retreat if it is only to take stock and regroup. The supplies (read "the spirit", it has been loooong drawn) are low; the troops are demoralised, worst of all the people have no more hunger for running battles. I would do the same. Businesses are down, the Economy is in a mess, CS Rotich just confessed what we have known for the last 3-4 years that Kenya is broke. We need some mending and if it has to come with one of the protagonists laying down arms, so be it. Kenya needs to recalibrate.

Kalonzo, Mudavadi and Wetangula say they were never consulted; if they have the balls and can lead the opposition, let them take it over and lead to wherever they think Raila has betrayed them or abandoned the course. Let them not be sissies, it is their time to take the mantle...grab it, power is never for the fainthearted; you grab it. If they think as many Kenyans as there are willing to follow them to the logical end of their unknown cause, so be it.....grab the mantle and run with it. They don't need to be anointed by Raila. They have been saying that he was not to vie in 2022, this is their time to shoo him off the scene. The truth however is that they don't have the gravitas, the numbers, the heart nor the courage to lead any strong opposition formation.

Let Raila lay down the critical matters of discussion including Electoral injustice, Corruption, National Cohesion and Inclusion, and other big agenda issues ailing Kenya today and let us test Uhuru on his commitment and resolve to talk these issues. If he doesnt, we will know that raila and the rest of us Kenya have been duped and we take a new direction from there. Unfortunately there is yet very scanty information on the matters they agreed to address, let us have these articulated by the teams they have put out and let us all as Kenyans come forward  and support them in realising those that can lead Kenya to a cohesive state.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 03:25:17 AM »
The clear loser is NASA.And nature of the deal is not NARA but more of cooperation where Raila few alies get the crumbs.Ruto has got to like his 2022...he will be facing a weak Raila and 3 confused elements seperately.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 01:32:02 PM »
This is the same stunt Raila pulled with Moi (NARC), Kibaki (MoU), now Uhuru (with some program?!). Maybe MM should lead NASA.

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 02:20:22 PM »
Mutahi Ngunyi and his tales and fables. I never really give much thought to these narratives but they say things that are food for thought, worth pondering....

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 02:38:46 PM »
what else is new.  Same narrative-"Raila kwisha" and I guess Ruto is the ultimate  winner.

The clear loser is NASA.And nature of the deal is not NARA but more of cooperation where Raila few alies get the crumbs.Ruto has got to like his 2022...he will be facing a weak Raila and 3 confused elements seperately.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 02:44:43 PM »
The objective of NASA/NRM was to achieve electoral reforms. That is the yardstick that the Raila/Ouru relationship will be judged.  Its too early to call.  MM and Raila can co-exist just like MLK and MalcomX did in the US civil rights movement of the 60's with different strategies and philosophies for reaching Canaan.

This is the same stunt Raila pulled with Moi (NARC), Kibaki (MoU), now Uhuru (with some program?!). Maybe MM should lead NASA.