Author Topic: Isnt this a crisis??? 5% of MPS...  (Read 940 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Isnt this a crisis??? 5% of MPS...
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/03/19/13-kenyan-mps-being-treated-in-india-for-cancer_c1732236
Why not mobilize resources to treat the disease locally. Best treatment for cancer is prevention, after it invades the body its hard to treat it.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Isnt this a crisis??? 5% of MPS...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 06:00:04 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 06:37:56 PM »
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/03/19/13-kenyan-mps-being-treated-in-india-for-cancer_c1732236
Why not mobilize resources to treat the disease locally. Best treatment for cancer is prevention, after it invades the body its hard to treat it.

Any idea how old these people are?  Sometimes increased cancer rates is just a sign of a longer lived population.  Meaning that fewer people are dying of infectious diseases typical of poor countries.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 07:52:44 PM »
There is no cure for cancer, only significant lifestyle changes to reduce incidence of cancer. Betty Mugo survived breast cancer. Nyongo survived cancer too. Many will not survive due to cost of treatment.
Termie, I agree with you. The older you get the higher the risk usually over 75yrs old. These MPs are in their 40s i guess.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 03:55:39 PM »
It is not ignorance. It is about knowing you have no options in health in Kenya. Even if you test for these cancers what do you do? If you don't have the money to India it is better to stay away from these tests!! The only reason why it seems why the percentage is higher for senior public officers who have tax payers' paid up up health insurance premiums and looted money to afford trips to Boston, India and Israel. It is a real shithole.

With no safety regulations on water, food/beverages/alcohol processing,seeds, pesticides, fertilizers, phones/all electronic appliances, cars and all these carcinogenic potential there is little hope given even likes of Agha Khan and Nairobi do not have diagnostic capacity.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 04:43:12 PM »
It is not ignorance. It is about knowing you have no options in health in Kenya. Even if you test for these cancers what do you do? If you don't have the money to India it is better to stay away from these tests!! The only reason why it seems why the percentage is higher for senior public officers who have tax payers' paid up up health insurance premiums and looted money to afford trips to Boston, India and Israel. It is a real shithole.

With no safety regulations on water, food/beverages/alcohol processing,seeds, pesticides, fertilizers, phones/all electronic appliances, cars and all these carcinogenic potential there is little hope given even likes of Agha Khan and Nairobi do not have diagnostic capacity.

Then people should try as much as possible to eat healthy. 

My theory is that you tend to see health issues in a changing society.  When one part lags behind another.  Such as healthcare failing to catch up with changing lifestyles.  You have a section of society shifting to western lifestyles without attendant health safeguards in place.  hk would say there is a market opportunity for healthcare  :D .
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman