Author Topic: Hustler: Is This The End of The Road?  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Hustler: Is This The End of The Road?
« on: March 10, 2018, 08:21:44 PM »
I know this will touch a few raw nerves.  But it must be discussed.  The Raila/Uhuru deal. 

We know the tumbocrats have been caught napping and rendered irrelevant.  I mean what is Kalonzo's, Mudavadi's, or Weta's  street cred in leading an opposition?  None.  Zero.  The extortion game is out the window.  Some would claim destroyed by Raila himself partaking in it.

Despite all his conciliatory sounding reactions, has the hustler arap singh purveyor of cholera, mwizi wa wezi, and his 2022 plans also been caught offside by Odinyatta bromance? 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
Re: Hustler: Is This The End of The Road?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 10:15:37 PM »
Raila took the pragmatic route given the forces arrayed against him. Kalonzo, Musalia, Wetangula can rant whatever they want. The 3 fellows have been extortionist hangers on. Muasalia had already declared that we start talking 2022, and Kalonzo had already made suggestions that he was willing to do a roundtable with Jubilee; only he had no clout to make this happen. Wetangula is really happy to have made it back as a senator and Minority Leader....he adds very little value to NASA and was really a free loader. His winning his seat was only because he is allied with Raila, otherwise he would easily lose.

So in a way Raila was a lone ranger doing the heavy lifting and at some point he looks at himself in the mirror and decided he must now be selfish and do Raila. This is early times....in due time we will know what really is in his heart of hearts. What has prompted this move? We don't know. If Jubilee ever thinks that they have vanquished him, I would wager that that will be the mistake of their short sojourn as a political party.

That said, a long-drawn altercation like it has been wears down any man; Raila has had no equal to help run the course. Not like the hot boiling years of the 90's where there was enough solid and smart opposition members to cause enough opprobrium around the place. Our 3 musketeers above would always duck whenever there was some heat.... That said, as a strategy of good general I would support Raila's retreat if it is only to take stock and regroup. The supplies (read "the spirit", it has been loooong drawn) are low; the troops are demoralised, worst of all the people have no more hunger for running battles. I would do the same. Businesses are down, the Economy is in a mess, CS Rotich just confessed what we have known for the last 3-4 years that Kenya is broke. We need some mending and if it has to come with one of the protagonists laying down arms, so be it. Kenya needs to recalibrate.

Kalonzo, Mudavadi and Wetangula say they were never consulted; if they have the balls and can lead the opposition, let them take it over and lead to wherever they think Raila has betrayed them or abandoned the course. Let them not be sissies, it is their time to take the mantle...grab it, power is never for the fainthearted; you grab it. If they think as many Kenyans as there are willing to follow them to the logical end of their unknown cause, so be it.....grab the mantle and run with it. They don't need to be anointed by Raila. They have been saying that he was not to vie in 2022, this is their time to shoo him off the scene. The truth however is that they don't have the gravitas, the numbers, the heart nor the courage to lead any strong opposition formation.

Let Raila lay down the critical matters of discussion including Electoral injustice, Corruption, National Cohesion and Inclusion, and other big agenda issues ailing Kenya today and let us test Uhuru on his commitment and resolve to talk these issues. If he doesnt, we will know that raila and the rest of us Kenya have been duped and we take a new direction from there. Unfortunately there is yet very scanty information on the matters they agreed to address, let us have these articulated by the teams they have put out and let us all as Kenyans come forward  and support them in realising those that can lead Kenya to a cohesive state.

As for the Czar of Sugoi, AKA Arap Singh....no one knows what this portends for him. We can only wait to see how things unfold. If we fix Kenya and we really agree that we can be a country of honorable men and women; he should never have been our deputy president. His state capture is worse than the Guptas in South Africa and worse of all capture from the executive's own. You can imagine what this is doing to Kenya!

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 12:05:30 AM »
I know this will touch a few raw nerves.  But it must be discussed.  The Raila/Uhuru deal. 

We know the tumbocrats have been caught napping and rendered irrelevant.  I mean what is Kalonzo's, Mudavadi's, or Weta's  street cred in leading an opposition?  None.  Zero.  The extortion game is out the window.  Some would claim destroyed by Raila himself partaking in it.

Despite all his conciliatory sounding reactions, has the hustler arap singh purveyor of cholera, mwizi wa wezi, and his 2022 plans also been caught offside by Odinyatta bromance? 

Gosh the name.  I agree, arap mgondi may be on his last legs.  The ones that have been deaded and buried are the i36 and the Fort Hall fools.  Finished...

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 12:40:18 PM »
I believe RAO was threatened.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »
I believe RAO was threatened.
Me too...by irrelevance
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 01:21:35 PM »

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
The political thugs are too smart to let trillions/billions empires built over years of tears and blood to be brought down by the petty divisions. Once the division are hurting their businesses they will close ranks. Even Ruto knows the billions he is accumulating need some cohesion to pile up and enjoy!! Ruto needs the cohesion more than the Mois, Odingas and Kenyattas - to pile up more and build his own empire which can last more than a decade.

not sure whether it is fake news or that Raila is set to go meet his bosom friend Magufool. Can bet easing up on Brookside and sale of gas (cylinders) will top the list. Maybe Amaco to be allowed to set shop in TZ might feature too. Such is tumbocracy.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 04:16:08 PM »

I doubt Uhunye would be that cruel on Ruto

With kindness enjoying pride of place near the bottom of many politicians' calculations, I would not put much stock in how his actions affect the hustler's fortunes.  If slitting the hustler's throat simplified kamwana's life, he would do it.

The hustler is counting on the continuation of the tribal merry-go-round, while kamwana and Raila seem to be looking towards destroying it at least at the offset.  At a minimum, the hustler must be conflicted if it appears he might have to go into 2022 with GEMA having warmer and fuzzier feelings for Raila.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 04:53:29 PM »
The political thugs are too smart to let trillions/billions empires built over years of tears and blood to be brought down by the petty divisions. Once the division are hurting their businesses they will close ranks. Even Ruto knows the billions he is accumulating need some cohesion to pile up and enjoy!! Ruto needs the cohesion more than the Mois, Odingas and Kenyattas - to pile up more and build his own empire which can last more than a decade.

not sure whether it is fake news or that Raila is set to go meet his bosom friend Magufool. Can bet easing up on Brookside and sale of gas (cylinders) will top the list. Maybe Amaco to be allowed to set shop in TZ might feature too. Such is tumbocracy.

There is some truth in that.  If there is one thing the Kenyan political elite has learned from other African countries, it is what it needs to avoid for self preservation of itself as a unit.  With the exception of infusion of new faces, the political elite is the same group since independence.

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 01:32:44 AM »
Ruto will be president in 2022.  Uhuru owes his presidency to Ruto and Raila premiership was made possible courtesy of Ruto. So who do you think they will endorse?  Ruto might have some rough edges but looking at how Raila bailed out on NASA movement I cannot blame Ruto for ditching ODM.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 07:28:16 AM »
Now that I finally get a computer - here is my detailed take.
1) Uhuru - Brilliant move.He has worn down Raila to the point of capitulation.He's forced him to sign a deal not any different from the "mademoni" MOU he signed with MaDVD. I think this is even worse because this one is signed btw some Martin Kamau and Raila. It's not even endorsed by our AG. If Raila & NASA wanted to talk - he should have done early before the cabinet was formed. Uhuru gave him more than 5 months to grab themselves some cabinet position - they refused - only to comeback when there only thing left really on the table is the chairman of cotton & lint board. They are literally scrambling for crumbs on the table.

What the motive of Uhuru. Those who've keenly followed my punditry knows Uhuru at 66 has no intention of retiring. I see Uhuru pursuing two-prong strategy. Un-official Jubilee party leader with influence in gok under Ruto or well a constitutional amendment to find him some role - most likely a ceremonial PM or President. This is where Raila comes in - there is likely going to be a constitutional amendment where Raila thinks  they're making a post for him - while all along it's for Uhuru.

2) Raila Odinga.I don't think he intends to retire. Least of all as the Luo king. He'll use that as leverage for a long time. NASA is dead and ODM is also on it's death-bed. He knows that. This latest move is yet another trojan horse attack. The target here is GEMA. He knows his schism with Kalenjin cannot be bridged now or ever. The man betrayed them after they fought for his 2007 PMship. He also knows Ukambani has had it...Kalonzo has to ran in 2022 otherwise he'll become a forgotten joke. I bet he fancy his chances in Luhya against hapless maDVD and Wetangula. Raila I still think is running for 2022. He intend to have GEMA DP just like Ruto. He knows Joho bring nothing new to the table. That is all what I see from him. His major headache is making Uhuru to trust him. I don't think they can trust him. They know the man carries a huge historical grudge.

3) William Ruto. While Uhuru has been changing tact with an eye for self-preservation - Ruto has been disengaging & going sub-marine. He knows he has to be is man - not Uhuru attack or lap dog anymore. He is on the home-stretch. He still literally rans the GOK & make most of all key decisions - his men rans the parliament - both as Majority Leaders of Parliament & Senate - but unlike the first term- he let Uhuru take the limelight.His biggest headache has to remain GEMA - the kiunjuri balloon seem to have burst - and there is no GEMA succesor to Uhuru. Therefore he has to find accommodation for Uhuru. That shouldn't be a big deal. He has made all effort to become Uhuru personal friend & Uhuru trust the guy.His main rival for Non-GEMA vote remain Raila and now he has to wade off Raila trojan horse attack. With NASA implosion - handling Raila should be an easy task. Once NASA is officially buried & last of ODM in Jubilee - it will be question of when to push Raila off the cliff and with a few Luos only following him out. Raila like his father has no patience or tact for long drawn attrition & power -play.

4) kalonzo will ran for pork in 2022. MaDVD will ran for PORK in 2022. Wetangula will capitulate before that. There isn't much to write home about these bozos. They are feckless, clueless and radar-less.

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 08:32:06 AM »
Well said,but you forgot to mention that PK will also be on the ballot 2022,in a nutshell all the top 5 tribes will have their man or woman gunning for precidency 2022.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:18 AM »
PK who couldn't win Jubilee nomination (where GEMA are 80% of Nairobi Jibilee?) against Sonko? You guys take PK seriously but I don't. He could be candidate for Raila's Deputy - with the likes of Karua - or any other fireband GEMA but on his own - he is pretty much lost.The last time he was a star was 10 yrs ago with CDF. Now we have governors like Mutua who've captured that "Maendeleo ChapChap" and ran away with it.

I think strategy for 2022 for Raila/Kalonzo/MaDVD is to deny Ruto the 50% and aim for a re-run. But as long as Uhuru is with Ruto - GEMA will troop behind Ruto. As Raila warms up to GEMA - Ruto will be aiming to fish the last remaining non-luo out of ODM.

Well said,but you forgot to mention that PK will also be on the ballot 2022,in a nutshell all the top 5 tribes will have their man or woman gunning for precidency 2022.

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »
Uhuru too was once rejected by people of Gatundu but that didnt stop him from being president

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 10:43:38 AM »
Besides,did you expect PK and Kabogo to win nominations that were being presided over by Ruto????????????????

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 10:49:29 AM »
That is Uhuru - the son of Jomo - and his big break came from 2002 Moi endorsement & 2007 PEV. What is PK claim to anything - CDF manager?
Uhuru too was once rejected by people of Gatundu but that didnt stop him from being president

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 10:50:54 AM »
And so if he couldn't surmount a nomination challenge presided over by Ruto - what makes you think Ruto will disappear or allow him room to even comeback to life. You guys just don't get politics. Take a seat and learn how to analyze politics for free from me.
Besides,did you expect PK and Kabogo to win nominations that were being presided over by Ruto????????????????

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:21 PM »
Ruto will be president in 2022.  Uhuru owes his presidency to Ruto and Raila premiership was made possible courtesy of Ruto. So who do you think they will endorse?  Ruto might have some rough edges but looking at how Raila bailed out on NASA movement I cannot blame Ruto for ditching ODM.

There is always uncertainty, even without the recent Raila Uhuru moves.  2022 is far.  What is clear is that Raila in a jubilated camp is a setback of sorts to folks who were hoping for more substantial changes.  The more progressive wing in Kenya is left virtually in the hands of armchair and twitter pundits.  Kalonzo/Mdvd/Weta are not cut for that.

The real problem is that reconciliation for the jubilant means turning a blind eye to the issues that have resulted in the problems in the first place.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 06:08:40 PM »
  2022 is far. 
Very far. The implication of this new union is to be honest impossible to predict. You are not even sure what it entails or whether it will last

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 07:03:23 PM »
We have a fast growing Shs5 trillion debt and you are talking 2022??
How about talking about upgrading school buildings from colonial era?