Author Topic: Peoples republic of Kenya Vs Central republic  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Peoples republic of Kenya Vs Central republic
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 12:37:56 PM »
I see Tobiko and Ruto are onto serious business on matters environment. On citizen web stream.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »
There is need for tree planting everywhere....like it happened during moi time. They can start with roads, railways, all reserve land and public institutions...schools.  That will go a long way in getting us past 10%. Gov owns huge tract of land and if they planted trees; it will be fine.

For forests - fence them off is a first start - if not tea zones around it -

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 06:37:14 PM »
There is need for tree planting everywhere....like it happened during moi time. They can start with roads, railways, all reserve land and public institutions...schools.  That will go a long way in getting us past 10%. Gov owns huge tract of land and if they planted trees; it will be fine.

During Nyayo days - I think the chief would enforce some policy about at least 2 trees per acre. It was illegal to clear trees - and the chief and village "headman" would enforce this strictly.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 05:13:53 PM »
Ruto only cares about politics. When it was politically convenient, he demonized Raila in the Mau forest Saga.  Now that the chicken are coming home to roost he wants to be an environmentalist.  He is a fraud. The only thing Ruto has perfected in his life, is stealing. Other than that there is nothing he has done to help this country. He supported dictator Moi. He opposed the 2nd liberation. He opposed the New Katiba, he opposed the preservation of Mau forest, he is opposed to electoral reforms, and the list goes on and on.

During Nyayo days - I think the chief would enforce some policy about at least 2 trees per acre. It was illegal to clear trees - and the chief and village "headman" would enforce this strictly.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 09:36:38 PM »
Ruto only cares about politics. When it was politically convenient, he demonized Raila in the Mau forest Saga.  Now that the chicken are coming home to roost he wants to be an environmentalist.  He is a fraud. The only thing Ruto has perfected in his life, is stealing. Other than that there is nothing he has done to help this country. He supported dictator Moi. He opposed the 2nd liberation. He opposed the New Katiba, he opposed the preservation of Mau forest, he is opposed to electoral reforms, and the list goes on and on.

Stealing.  That is what I think Kenyans of many stripes have a robust tolerance for.  I have seen people suggest that if Raila does not win with a landslide, there is no problem with the jubilated(or whichever gangster happens to be in power) topping up their vote to overturn the outcome. 

I don't think there is any hope in the foreseeable future that an environment can be permitted in which a competitive and fair Presidential election is held.  In these circumstances the victor is Ruto.  The jubilant can thus be praised as a political genius, especially if you subscribe to the criminality doesn't matter school.  If you don't subscribe to that, then the logical thing is to view him as a thug(which is also my view).

Raila's real naivety is his belief that there is a legitimate way of choosing a Kenyan President in a competitive environment.  I think it is possible to have a legitimate Presidential election, but only if it's not competitive.  With opposition tickets dominated by Ekuru Aukot and Dida types. 

That said, you never know with Raila.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 07:09:45 AM »
https://www.nation.co.ke/newsplex/Charcoal/2718262-4326374-c3wm0bz/index.html
How about kenya giving private sector incentives to install gas pipes in urban areas and having one gas trunkline pipe connecting kenya and Tanzania natural gas. This would make gas cheaper than charcoal or electricity. We can even have a token payment system where one can buy gas for one time cooking session as little as ksh.50.  If we have managed to install fibre even in our humble Nyeri village this is definitely doable.