Author Topic: Winnie Mandela Dead  (Read 896 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Winnie Mandela Dead
« on: April 02, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
at 81.
South African anti-apartheid campaigner Winnie Mandela has died aged 81, her personal assistant says.

Winnie Madikizela Mandela was the former wife of South Africa's first black president, Nelson Mandela.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-43621112

She didn't look sick at all.  Here she is a few months ago.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Winnie Mandela Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:45:43 PM »
Humorous and clear headed too. She makes the right wisecracks about being captured, Malema's job and the Orange farm. It's the way of men - to live and to die, waiting to meet one's maker. She did a great job. Not many women would have survived. A few missteps here and there. Winnie leaves an enduring legacy even if only in the millions of girls named after her.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 01:53:02 AM »
Winnie got a raw deal from the vindictive old Madiba.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 04:28:47 PM »
Humorous and clear headed too. She makes the right wisecracks about being captured, Malema's job and the Orange farm. It's the way of men - to live and to die, waiting to meet one's maker. She did a great job. Not many women would have survived. A few missteps here and there. Winnie leaves an enduring legacy even if only in the millions of girls named after her.

She was genial indeed.  The capture reference is interesting, even though I feel she might not have been any different than Zuma if she were President.  She did have certain instincts that lead in that direction.  Her place in history is secure.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 06:34:04 PM »
RIP Winnie. An African beauty to the ripe old age of 81. Black really don't crack, do it?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 07:18:57 PM »
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world's admiration but lose that of his wife?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
Winnie got a raw deal from the vindictive old Madiba.

Agreed, she got a raw deal. She kept his name alive in the 27 years when he would have languished in prison and been replaced by other figures. Still, Winnie didn't go to jail for her misdeeds (she deserved to) and I am very disinclined to call Madiba vindictive. He was flawed, a human being, still a much greater human being than most people and nearly all politiciams, lets be honest. RIP Madiba and Winnie. Hope they are happily reconciled wherever they may be.