Author Topic: RIP Miguna Miguna  (Read 19401 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: RIP Miguna Miguna
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »
By Peter Kerre... FB

Some Kenyans in the diaspora are perfect examples of the 'Kenyan Self-Hate' and 'tribal cocooning'  problem rampant among us. They are here in the diaspora and clearly see a case of a Kenyan being deported from Kenya by an overstepping government, yet by default , they start trying to look for every sort of justification or excuse validating this shocking act, bearing in mind that the Kenyan deported by the Kenyan government was NOT even presented before a judge to sign off on the deportation. He was also held incommunicado for several days within which the Kenya Police defied COURT ORDERS to submit him before Judges. None of them are pointing this out...

These same Kenyans have no hesitancy criticizing Trump for every little cough or tweet,  criticizing the US government for deportation of immigrants, and even loudly vouch for black lives matter and other rights campaigns.....YET when it comes to fellow Kenyans, suddenly things change.

The catch is...... 99% of the individuals  I have seen do this ( in this specific case of the deportation )  ( and many who I have considered forward thinking friends ) are from one Kenyan  tribe....which is greatly represented within government over opposition. 

Interestingly, in this diaspora, we ALWAYS get to a point where we need fellow Kenya diaspora to be there for us in one way or another so please take notes of these people , for when that moment comes, would be glad to provide them with contacts of Kenyan government officials who they can email or call to sort them out, since they fail to see any shortcomings by them. 

In the meantime, to all other Kenyan Diaspora, be aware of those you count as friends, for we are living in dangerous times when your own folks are ready to consider you guilty until proven innocent if you are from a tribe with a different political leaning ( and this goes both ways ). I don't believe I need to tag anyone as some of them, driven by guilt, will present themselves in the comments section below, otherwise, most of you already know them.

I know Kenyans like this.  Some are church leaders even.  One can confuse it for hypocrisy, but I think there is a more innocent explanation.  They simply can't wrap their minds around introspection and empathy.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2018, 11:50:19 PM »
I don't think it's so much an innocent explanation as a differing viewpoint. Mostly they can't see your pain wrapped in shiny vitriol. Around other circles you will hear how the opposition is dominated by one group - is therefore polarized in antagonist tone and agenda. Like CNN's Oscar award in fake news, this group deserves an Oscar in whining.

Ever wonder why one group is more antagonistic, angrier and ever intransigent over just about everything? They attempt to rub their anger onto their political partners only for faultlines to emerge. The man who helped them get closest to power in Kenyan history is now enemy numero uno. Baptized in a variety of demeaning epiphets. Once a supporter one must stick with them or else. Some think this dogma or jingo has an innocent explanation, but I believe people cannot be required to feel or be a certain ideal.

Your questions and these - opposing views - is why we have politics and parties and left and right and whatnot. Men differ; That's why there are conflicts in the world - we are lucky Kenya's is just political. Not armed or the terror kind. Democracy is about tolerance as much as the vote. But universal suffrage has very negative traits. The democratic journey is thorny. Personally I don't find democracy is a panacea for anything. In a heterogenous, divided hateful place like Kenya we should have federalism or a rotational presidency like Malaysia. I digress.

Your writer's bigotry unveils itself when he points out the mystery "group" is 99% from one tribe. Statistically speaking, since the other Kenyans are absolutely sympathetic to his cause, he has 80% Kenyan diaspora support and should not be so bothered by the minority. Let him convene the weeping club already.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2018, 02:50:51 AM »
I don't think it's so much an innocent explanation as a differing viewpoint. Mostly they can't see your pain wrapped in shiny vitriol. Around other circles you will hear how the opposition is dominated by one group - is therefore polarized in antagonist tone and agenda. Like CNN's Oscar award in fake news, this group deserves an Oscar in whining.

Ever wonder why one group is more antagonistic, angrier and ever intransigent over just about everything? They attempt to rub their anger onto their political partners only for faultlines to emerge. The man who helped them get closest to power in Kenyan history is now enemy numero uno. Baptized in a variety of demeaning epiphets. Once a supporter one must stick with them or else. Some think this dogma or jingo has an innocent explanation, but I believe people cannot be required to feel or be a certain ideal.

Your questions and these - opposing views - is why we have politics and parties and left and right and whatnot. Men differ; That's why there are conflicts in the world - we are lucky Kenya's is just political. Not armed or the terror kind. Democracy is about tolerance as much as the vote. But universal suffrage has very negative traits. The democratic journey is thorny. Personally I don't find democracy is a panacea for anything. In a heterogenous, divided hateful place like Kenya we should have federalism or a rotational presidency like Malaysia. I digress.

Your writer's bigotry unveils itself when he points out the mystery "group" is 99% from one tribe. Statistically speaking, since the other Kenyans are absolutely sympathetic to his cause, he has 80% Kenyan diaspora support and should not be so bothered by the minority. Let him convene the weeping club already.

That sums up the point I am making.  I think it's innocent because they are not evil folks, allowing for a few exceptions.  They are just not able to see my(or anyone else's for that matter) pain.  Unless that person is one of them or shares an attribute that makes him/her indistinguishable from them.  That is why they can relate to BLM whining(to borrow a term) among other things that affect this group, but they cannot relate to ODM(to borrow another term) whining - even though they had perfected similar whining during the Nyayo era.  If they were by happenstance Asian, they almost certainly would have a healthy blind spot to BLM whining.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2018, 08:55:24 AM »
I get your point Windy. The charade called democracy is pointless in polarized society. We should discard it for a better system. For the moment the group your friend loathes will prevail and he'll be hurling epiphets and conjuring boogeymen to no avail.

Not all Kenyans or Africans in the US support BLM. I don't. The progressive left is intolerant and fascist. BLM and the racist, hateful violent Antifa are just hallmarks of this modern communism. It's stereotypical and undemocratic that all African Americans are BLMers. Of course the right has its dark side too so I prefer to be independent.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2018, 02:55:36 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2018, 06:05:20 PM »
I agree on your main thrust. I disagree on the solution. The solution to me is more federalism. Strong center but also strong federal units along the tribal unit...but not strong enough to break away. I'd give 47 counties all the power and responsibility except for military+most of the police. That way a nation like kenya with lots of nations or tribes can live harmoniously..except for few counties that are cosmopolitan. I think rigorous boundary re-drawing can sort about half of those. Kuria -moved to - Gusii - Mt elgon to Tranzoia - I'd give people questionnaire to choice where they want to belong to - and somehow make a truly tribal map :)  - except for cities - Kisumu-Eld-Nakuru-Nairobi-Mombasa - should become city counties - so have say 5 counties and 50 city county aka congressional district.
I get your point Windy. The charade called democracy is pointless in polarized society. We should discard it for a better system. For the moment the group your friend loathes will prevail and he'll be hurling epiphets and conjuring boogeymen to no avail.

Not all Kenyans or Africans in the US support BLM. I don't. The progressive left is intolerant and fascist. BLM and the racist, hateful violent Antifa are just hallmarks of this modern communism. It's stereotypical and undemocratic that all African Americans are BLMers. Of course the right has its dark side too so I prefer to be independent.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2018, 06:36:54 PM »
Be carefull. With the current IEBC Eldoret might choose to belong to Kiambu County. :D :D :D :D

I agree on your main thrust. I disagree on the solution. The solution to me is more federalism. Strong center but also strong federal units along the tribal unit...but not strong enough to break away. I'd give 47 counties all the power and responsibility except for military+most of the police. That way a nation like kenya with lots of nations or tribes can live harmoniously..except for few counties that are cosmopolitan. I think rigorous boundary re-drawing can sort about half of those. Kuria -moved to - Gusii - Mt elgon to Tranzoia - I'd give people questionnaire to choice where they want to belong to - and somehow make a truly tribal map :)  - except for cities - Kisumu-Eld-Nakuru-Nairobi-Mombasa - should become city counties - so have say 5 counties and 50 city county aka congressional district.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »

Pundit,
I agree, federalism is the solution. Even nyango proposed federalism recently as a solution.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »
You can only choose A or B if it's contiguous. The solution to Eldoret & other cosmpolitan areas is a city county like Nairobi - I think Nandis in rural areas won't mind such an arrangment - it already tough campainging with kikuyu,gusii, luhya and Luos nearly making majority - so it's not even sustainable . Obviously counties do not want to lose urban areas...so deal with that..by making funding more for rural counties than urban counties. In fact I would go ahead and decree that urban or city counties receive zero federal funding.If they dealt with graft - they can generate enough internal revenues to make things work - and already they are not that badly off.
Be carefull. With the current IEBC Eldoret might choose to belong to Kiambu County. :D :D :D :D

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2018, 09:45:55 PM »
By Peter Kerre... FB

Some Kenyans in the diaspora are perfect examples of the 'Kenyan Self-Hate' and 'tribal cocooning'  problem rampant among us. They are here in the diaspora and clearly see a case of a Kenyan being deported from Kenya by an overstepping government, yet by default , they start trying to look for every sort of justification or excuse validating this shocking act, bearing in mind that the Kenyan deported by the Kenyan government was NOT even presented before a judge to sign off on the deportation. He was also held incommunicado for several days within which the Kenya Police defied COURT ORDERS to submit him before Judges. None of them are pointing this out...

These same Kenyans have no hesitancy criticizing Trump for every little cough or tweet,  criticizing the US government for deportation of immigrants, and even loudly vouch for black lives matter and other rights campaigns.....YET when it comes to fellow Kenyans, suddenly things change.

The catch is...... 99% of the individuals  I have seen do this ( in this specific case of the deportation )  ( and many who I have considered forward thinking friends ) are from one Kenyan  tribe....which is greatly represented within government over opposition. 

Interestingly, in this diaspora, we ALWAYS get to a point where we need fellow Kenya diaspora to be there for us in one way or another so please take notes of these people , for when that moment comes, would be glad to provide them with contacts of Kenyan government officials who they can email or call to sort them out, since they fail to see any shortcomings by them. 

In the meantime, to all other Kenyan Diaspora, be aware of those you count as friends, for we are living in dangerous times when your own folks are ready to consider you guilty until proven innocent if you are from a tribe with a different political leaning ( and this goes both ways ). I don't believe I need to tag anyone as some of them, driven by guilt, will present themselves in the comments section below, otherwise, most of you already know them.

I know Kenyans like this.  Some are church leaders even.  One can confuse it for hypocrisy, but I think there is a more innocent explanation.  They simply can't wrap their minds around introspection and empathy.

Well, my personal approach ni kuwazimia simu.  Nothing less.

• Enigma
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2018, 09:54:06 PM »
By Peter Kerre... FB

Well, my personal approach ni kuwazimia simu.  Nothing less.

Hehehe...I try to understand what's going on.  They are usually not even frothing at the mouth.  They are in tune with their moral universe.  This is like a good percentage(minority if the August elections are anything to go by) of the country. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2018, 04:00:51 PM »
Miguna claims the Mortician.  The chap has decided to run instead of meeting MM and his battery of sharp lawyers in court.  I suspect he's the one that advised the electoral fraudsters about Miguna's deportation.   

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 09:54:51 PM »
Miguna claims the Mortician.  The chap has decided to run instead of meeting MM and his battery of sharp lawyers in court.  I suspect he's the one that advised the electoral fraudsters about Miguna's deportation.   

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2018, 11:00:35 AM »
Miguna is coming back

All Deportation orders are null and void

Immigration to surrender his passport to the court

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »

They are appealing

I think the very contempt of court ought to make the Court of appeal ignore them with utter contempt

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2018, 03:57:35 PM »
What are they appealing. Everybody knows Miguna is a Kenyan citizen and they want to waste peoples time litigating a none issue. This is impunity pure and simple. Trump cancelled DACA but when the court ruled against him he complied.  Who does Ouru think he is?

They are appealing

I think the very contempt of court ought to make the Court of appeal ignore them with utter contempt
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2018, 05:12:40 PM »
NRM is an activist movement and not a proscribed criminal organisation. What crimes have this movement perpetrated? This is slander.

There's nothing in the constitution that permits the govt from stealing passports. MM renewed his Kenyan passport which makes him a Kenyan citizen. The constitution fails to address those born in Kenya with a Kenyan birth certificate from renewing their Kenyan passport. That in itself is a form of re-application to citizenship.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2018, 06:35:25 PM »
As respondents, they are entitled to appealing.

Just like anyone else
What are they appealing. Everybody knows Miguna is a Kenyan citizen and they want to waste peoples time litigating a none issue. This is impunity pure and simple. Trump cancelled DACA but when the court ruled against him he complied.  Who does Ouru think he is?

They are appealing

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2018, 06:44:23 PM »
Here is the response from the horse's mouth

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »