Author Topic: RIP Miguna Miguna  (Read 19399 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: RIP Miguna Miguna
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2018, 02:27:48 PM »
Is MM in denial or is selective truth become his mainstay?

Before 2010 (new constitution) one had to renounce their Kenyan citizenship before taking up another citizenship. This is exactly why heros like Onyango Oloo didn't become a Canadian citizen.

MM renounced his Kenyan citizenship to become a Canadian citizen and by the sound of things he didn't follow due process in 2010 in re-applying for Kenyan citizenship. It's illegal to claim dual citizenship without following due process. You can't assume the system will figure it out on its own because you're born Kenyan. That's like saying since Obama's dad is Kenyan, Obama can assume he's entitled to Kenyan citizenship without ever even applying for Kenyan citizenship.

Why did MM renew his Canadian passport if he's so attached to Kenya? Is he ashamed to carry around a Kenyan passport?

Wasn't so much renouncing as in automatically losing their citizenship on taking up alternative citizenship.  Countries like Spain and Germany require renunciation.  The UK and Canada do not.

I actually think where someone didn't actively renounce their citizenship then the 2010 constitution by virtue of replacing the dodgy old one re-instated the lost citizenship as it's main function was to put right ills from the old one.

Kenya's constitution before 2010 required a renunciation before taking up another citizenship. The only way forward really is to pass an amendment bill to the current constitution that regards anyone with "Kenyan genes" as Kenyan citizens upon a genetic test.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2018, 02:35:04 PM »
The Miguna Miguna extradition /deportation saga reminds me of one Sheikh Khalid Balala in the 90's. The Nyayo regime couldn't allow him to disembark from a Lufthansa flight from Germany at MIA, Msa. The airplane had to leave with Balala onboard back to Germany coz ostensibly, the then fiery IPK leader wasn't a Kenyan :D

For those who love history and my fellow Kenyans of convenient short memory , welcome to Mombasa and greet Sheikh Khalid Balala anywhere along Digo Rd,.where he strolls freely as a Kenyan citizen with all the glamour,rights and confidence (Kanyanga nchi yako kwa nguvu Na Raha, hilo ndilo hakikisho ya Rais wetu(Jomo))so the song goes!
Ukistajabu ya Balala bado utayaona ya Miguna Miguna!!!

Jubilidiots play one move at a time, without thinking about what next.  Today they're happy that their rogue governement and ministers have "legally" deported Miguna who was Kenyan before most of them.

Miguna will receive a rousing welcome home very very soon.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2018, 03:40:49 PM »
bryan Noone disagrees Miguna may be rousingly welcomed. We disagree where "home" is. As in the recent past he was persona non grata in Ahero. He needs to stop stepping on powerful toes or be unwelcome globally.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:24 PM »
Rich Bowen is jubilated.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »
By Peter Kerre... FB

Some Kenyans in the diaspora are perfect examples of the 'Kenyan Self-Hate' and 'tribal cocooning'  problem rampant among us. They are here in the diaspora and clearly see a case of a Kenyan being deported from Kenya by an overstepping government, yet by default , they start trying to look for every sort of justification or excuse validating this shocking act, bearing in mind that the Kenyan deported by the Kenyan government was NOT even presented before a judge to sign off on the deportation. He was also held incommunicado for several days within which the Kenya Police defied COURT ORDERS to submit him before Judges. None of them are pointing this out...

These same Kenyans have no hesitancy criticizing Trump for every little cough or tweet,  criticizing the US government for deportation of immigrants, and even loudly vouch for black lives matter and other rights campaigns.....YET when it comes to fellow Kenyans, suddenly things change.

The catch is...... 99% of the individuals  I have seen do this ( in this specific case of the deportation )  ( and many who I have considered forward thinking friends ) are from one Kenyan  tribe....which is greatly represented within government over opposition. 

Interestingly, in this diaspora, we ALWAYS get to a point where we need fellow Kenya diaspora to be there for us in one way or another so please take notes of these people , for when that moment comes, would be glad to provide them with contacts of Kenyan government officials who they can email or call to sort them out, since they fail to see any shortcomings by them. 

In the meantime, to all other Kenyan Diaspora, be aware of those you count as friends, for we are living in dangerous times when your own folks are ready to consider you guilty until proven innocent if you are from a tribe with a different political leaning ( and this goes both ways ). I don't believe I need to tag anyone as some of them, driven by guilt, will present themselves in the comments section below, otherwise, most of you already know them.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 11:11:09 PM »

Suddenly, every NASWA mongrel is taking a dump at his TL in protest
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2018, 01:53:32 PM »

Was the Brit born in Kenya?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 02:00:42 PM »
Thinking about this Miguna issue abit more it lookd like the sod may actually have a case.  It is now known that he left Kenya in 1987 on a foreign passport after Moi the despot denied him one.  It is fair to assume that at the moment Miguna was accepting Canadin citizenship in 2002/2003 he wasn't Kenyan anyway thanks to Moi.

Seeing as his citizenship and passport were irregularly lost, would he still need to apply as required?  Or is the onus on GoK to return/regularise his citizenship as a matter of course?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »
By Peter Kerre... FB

Some Kenyans in the diaspora are perfect examples of the 'Kenyan Self-Hate' and 'tribal cocooning'  problem rampant among us. They are here in the diaspora and clearly see a case of a Kenyan being deported from Kenya by an overstepping government, yet by default , they start trying to look for every sort of justification or excuse validating this shocking act, bearing in mind that the Kenyan deported by the Kenyan government was NOT even presented before a judge to sign off on the deportation. He was also held incommunicado for several days within which the Kenya Police defied COURT ORDERS to submit him before Judges. None of them are pointing this out...

These same Kenyans have no hesitancy criticizing Trump for every little cough or tweet,  criticizing the US government for deportation of immigrants, and even loudly vouch for black lives matter and other rights campaigns.....YET when it comes to fellow Kenyans, suddenly things change.

The catch is...... 99% of the individuals  I have seen do this ( in this specific case of the deportation )  ( and many who I have considered forward thinking friends ) are from one Kenyan  tribe....which is greatly represented within government over opposition. 

Interestingly, in this diaspora, we ALWAYS get to a point where we need fellow Kenya diaspora to be there for us in one way or another so please take notes of these people , for when that moment comes, would be glad to provide them with contacts of Kenyan government officials who they can email or call to sort them out, since they fail to see any shortcomings by them. 

In the meantime, to all other Kenyan Diaspora, be aware of those you count as friends, for we are living in dangerous times when your own folks are ready to consider you guilty until proven innocent if you are from a tribe with a different political leaning ( and this goes both ways ). I don't believe I need to tag anyone as some of them, driven by guilt, will present themselves in the comments section below, otherwise, most of you already know them.

Quite.  Personally speaking, I'm reviewing all personal relationships with Jubilidiots.  I'm tired of the obtuse thinking and the shocking behaviour following Miguna's forced exile.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2018, 02:47:48 PM »
What big deal. Miguna should just fill the form and get his citizenship back. He can come home and be taken straight to Kajiado to plead for the charges.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2018, 03:07:48 PM »
If MM hasn't re-applied for citizenship then he shouldn't bother. I can't believe GoK tweeted MM's passport details to the world. MM should sue for breach of privacy.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2018, 04:38:06 PM »
If MM hasn't re-applied for citizenship then he shouldn't bother. I can't believe GoK tweeted MM's passport details to the world. MM should sue for breach of privacy.

Unbelievable what the powerhungry thickos that work at Statehouse are capable of.  Miguna lost his citizenship irregularly, GoK that took it away should re-instate it without MM filling in any form. 

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2018, 05:17:55 PM »
Miguna is an illegal alien inciting violence and insurrection against a host government. The application needs approval by the same government. Tough luck.

As much as I loath Miguna's arrogance, he's entitled to regain his Kenyan citizenship. If Jubilee stupidly refuse his application, then they will be, yet again, contravening the constitution.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2018, 05:21:53 PM »
Precisely. It would be different if he was not born here. He is entitled to citizenship and to his day in court to plead charges on 14th Feb - valentine day- or earliest he get to JKIA. In the interest of justice, he need to apply today and get into the plane - so he can appear for that magistrate - before another warrant is out there.
As much as I loath Miguna's arrogance, he's entitled to regain his Kenyan citizenship. If Jubilee stupidly refuse his application, then they will be, yet again, contravening the constitution.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »
somebody elsewhere opined that if only the government of Kenya fought corrupt officials and drug dealers with the same gusto as they have fought NASA in the last few days, they would make a huge dent on corruption and drug trafficking:  Storm the houses of the suspects in the middle of the night or early morning with bombs and guns blazing; revoke their passports and deport them; Deny them legal representation by  zungusharing them around the country all night looking for a court room somewhere to arraign them; disobey court orders to release them. But NOOOOOO, when it comes to corruption ouru throws his hands up and says, "jameni !, mnataka nifanye nini"? 90% of NIS resources is assigned to NASA. That is a shithole.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »
somebody elsewhere opined that if only the government of Kenya fought corrupt officials and drug dealers with the same gusto as they have fought NASA in the last few days, they would make a huge dent on corruption and drug trafficking:  Storm the houses of the suspects in the middle of the night or early morning with bombs and guns blazing; revoke their passports and deport them; Deny them legal representation by  zungusharing them around the country all night looking for a court room somewhere to arraign them; disobey court orders to release them. But NOOOOOO, when it comes to corruption ouru throws his hands up and says, "jameni !, mnataka nifanye nini"? 90% of NIS resources is assigned to NASA. That is a shithole.

Except they'd be fighting themselves.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »

Except they'd be fighting themselves.

Quite.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2018, 12:19:28 AM »

Nope,
He was a foreign correspondent based in Kenya for over 4yrs.

He of course had far fewer rights to be here than Miguna but Gathare’s point was that NASWA looked the other way when arbitrary deportation was exercised back then because they were not concerned. It’s only when Miguna is hounded out that they are discovering immigration law.

Starkey wrote something about Eurobond and that did him in. Recall too the consultants NASWA shipped in to help with tallying. Point is deportation can and has been wielded politically,and it should be a point of concern.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2018, 12:26:16 AM »

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2018, 02:55:48 PM »

Nope,
He was a foreign correspondent based in Kenya for over 4yrs.

He of course had far fewer rights to be here than Miguna but Gathare’s point was that NASWA looked the other way when arbitrary deportation was exercised back then because they were not concerned. It’s only when Miguna is hounded out that they are discovering immigration law.

Starkey wrote something about Eurobond and that did him in. Recall too the consultants NASWA shipped in to help with tallying. Point is deportation can and has been wielded politically,and it should be a point of concern.

Nasa couldn't whinge too much about the consultaants because as I understood it, the poor sods were on visitors visas anyway.  It was an open and shut case.  NASA should've known better.  Although, chances are that the thieving bastards wouldn't have allowed visas for these chaps to assist NASA.

It's not that strange that NASA got involved in MM's issue and not the journalists.  Miguna is their guy... Jubilidiots kweli.