Author Topic: Microsoft finally eclipses Apple market cap  (Read 6296 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Microsoft finally eclipses Apple market cap
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2024, 08:58:13 PM »
Apple is still $100B behind Microsoft.

Apple hot potato is the new $3,500 Vision Pro headset. The fight here is with Zuckerberg and his Metaverse. I don't see this virtual reality story heading anywhere as noone really wants to live in Geekdom - or walk around with ugly headset akin to a helmet. 🙂

I bet on Neuralink here provided they humanize the "brainchip" lunacy - create a minute earbud that connects to the internet and flip pages really telepathically. Noone wants surgery to plant a chip. 😬

Apple... they lack solid game in AI and gaming - whileas Microsoft has ChatGPT and Activision Blizzard. 20 years late "Apple Car" is still promising revolution - and will take a hit if they deliver hot air as I suspect.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 10:30:37 AM by Nefertiti »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2024, 09:39:29 AM »
drone swarms
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2024, 12:26:07 PM »
XR vs the Metaverse

Told you Apple is too late to every party. Including reality mind-benders. The Vision Pro - their best hardware in a decade - is facing stiff competition from Facebook. Basically they think the new headset is too heavy, expensive and ugly.

Zuckerberg, Meta CTO mocking reviews of Apple Vision Pro

https://www.financialexpress.com/life/technology-after-mark-zuckerberg-meta-cto-reviews-apple-vision-pro-says-as-soon-as-i-put-the-headset-on-i-can-see-3397442/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2024, 10:37:01 PM »
Nvidia hits 2T

[image attachment error]

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2024, 12:27:33 PM »

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2024, 03:35:16 PM »
Does AMD has a shot at getting significant marketshare of AI chips or its a winner take all with Nvidia?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2024, 08:08:55 AM »
Does AMD has a shot at getting significant marketshare of AI chips or its a winner take all with Nvidia?

AMD is the only credible Nvidia competitor. (Lisa Su is Jensen Huang's cousin 🙂). The stock is through the roof.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2024, 06:19:42 PM »
When Biden poured billions into semiconductor market, I told folks in my investmentment community to sell nonperformers in their portfolio and buy SMCI for long-term. At the time it was under 100 a share. Just almost a year later the ticker is over $1100 a share. Still room to grow and setting sell at 2400 then sleeping with occasionally waking up to check the massive accumulation of wealth!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2024, 10:20:12 PM »
When Biden poured billions into semiconductor market, I told folks in my investmentment community to sell nonperformers in their portfolio and buy SMCI for long-term. At the time it was under 100 a share. Just almost a year later the ticker is over $1100 a share. Still room to grow and setting sell at 2400 then sleeping with occasionally waking up to check the massive accumulation of wealth!

That is a significcant gain in a very short time.
Can it sustain?

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2024, 02:35:16 AM »

Can it sustain?
As long as the semiconductor industry is generating revenue in an upward trajectory, associated stocks will always boom. I think by 2027 we could flatline at 4000+ a shares, or we may hit there in record 2 years!
https://www.statista.com/outlook/tmo/semiconductors/united-states#revenue
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2024, 02:09:39 PM »
This was Trump MAGA thingie.

Can it sustain?
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2024, 06:38:08 PM »

Can it sustain?
Nope, Maga folks were pushing DWAC and PHUN. PHUN eat their asses alive with offerings nearly at the peak of every pump. After Reverse split, it pumped once and flatlined. DWAC held pretty good for months, but after it crossed $20, the rag-tag trumper retail investors moved to PHUN for more slaughter. SMCI has been a Biden baby since he made mammoth investments! I trade weekdays for 10+ hours daily, so I know the fundamentals of almost active/volumed ticker!

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2024, 09:25:25 PM »

Can it sustain?
Nope, Maga folks were pushing DWAC and PHUN. PHUN eat their asses alive with offerings nearly at the peak of every pump. After Reverse split, it pumped once and flatlined. DWAC held pretty good for months, but after it crossed $20, the rag-tag trumper retail investors moved to PHUN for more slaughter. SMCI has been a Biden baby since he made mammoth investments! I trade weekdays for 10+ hours daily, so I know the fundamentals of almost active/volumed ticker!

DWAC is just another one of those that looks like Twitter. DEAD. It will be frozen until the case in Delaware is heard and concluded.
I missed SMCI train.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2024, 10:44:20 PM »
Apple is walking dead.

AI could poison Apple: Is the company’s innovation engine running out of steam?
https://www.rt.com/business/594040-apple-innovation-crisis/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2024, 10:56:45 PM »
Apple is walking dead.

AI could poison Apple: Is the company’s innovation engine running out of steam?
https://www.rt.com/business/594040-apple-innovation-crisis/

Apple partners with Google AI. Not so bad except that Google is equally walking dead.

Apple’s AI ambitions could include Google or OpenAI
https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/18/24104626/apple-license-google-gemini-generative-ai-openai-chatgpt

Apple needs to sort 3 issues:
•Reclaim hardware genie and snap the headset crown from Meta.
•Buy a gaming platform e.g. Unreal or Unity.
•Buy an AI startup e.g. Hugging Face.

Tech is a jungle and there is no way two giants can subsist. Partnering with Google is just stupid - particularly where Apple is clearly the junior partner - using Google Gemini in iPhones.

Google needs one thing:
•Take the self-driving lead - and use Google Maps advantage to roll out state-wide, US-wide, worldwide. It's bizarre how the owner of world map cannot hardcode a model over it. Use ImageNet design... MapNet.
•Waymo should just outright beat Tesla Autopilot - with Musk running 5 companies while Google has a CEO for each product 👀👀 - how can Google lose?