Author Topic: A TURKANA WILL BE PRESIDENT BEFORE A LUO  (Read 750 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
A TURKANA WILL BE PRESIDENT BEFORE A LUO
« on: September 14, 2017, 04:25:22 AM »
A TURKANA WILL BE PRESIDENT BEFORE A LUO that is the sad state of affairs. Raila last stab was August. October will be just confirming the obvious that he is unelectable. I predict that a Turkana will be president before a Luo is. Luo idealism and fanaticism prevents them from being pragmatic.  If Orengo was 45 years I would say he has hope but all his potential has been taken up by Raila quest for Presidency. after the 70s ideologues (nyongo, Raila, Orengo, Dalmas Otieno et al) exit the stage in 5 years the Luo nation will be in political purgatory for another 15 years. I know Tom Mboya son in law thinks he can team up with PK and make a run for it. However I see no path for his presidency.

Raila like his dad will run for presidency till he takes his last breath.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: A TURKANA WILL BE PRESIDENT BEFORE A LUO
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »
This is just ignorance. In that case the Turkana would also beat the other 41 tribes to the presidency and not just the Luo. No? Why are you obsessed with the Luo? I have come to appreciate those who peddle this kind of stories are actually the ones with the real chip on the shoulder... or well a log in the eye! Like when Mr Obama became POTUS, there was a bizarre discomfort and sour grapes among some people in Kenya, who are no better than the white racists we see in places like Charlottesville. Are you one of them, Plato?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »
People said the same thing about kalenjin - that it will take 100yrs after Moi - but look at WSR  - DPORK after 10yrs of Moi exit - and now just very very close to it - 15yrs later. Any of top 5 tribes have a shot on PORK - every 5 yrs - they just need to build friendship and partnership.I believe Luo, Kalenjin and Kikuyu because of their unity will be calling shots for quite some time. The Luhya & Kambas have some way to get there. So a new Luo leader can easily galvanize the Luos and win some few of stronghold giving 20% head-start.  There will be election where each top 5 tribe will present candidates - and guy with 20% can get a re-run - build coalition and win it.

First business after 17th will be for the Luo Nation to accept that Raila will never become PORK and invest in young bright leadership. The new leader will have to galvanize the Luos and use it strategically bargain - say for DPORK - bid his time - and after 10 or so years - he can go for it. It will take a lot of tenuous patience.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »
This is just ignorance. In that case the Turkana would also beat the other 41 tribes to the presidency and not just the Luo. No? Why are you obsessed with the Luo? I have come to appreciate those who peddle this kind of stories are actually the ones with the real chip on the shoulder... or well a log in the eye! Like when Mr Obama became POTUS, there was a bizarre discomfort and sour grapes among some people in Kenya, who are no better than the white racists we see in places like Charlottesville. Are you one of them, Plato?

Yep.  He would be President before millions of other Kenyans including Kikuyus and Tugens. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman