Author Topic: Mumias CEO Links William Ruto to Looting Mumias Sugar  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Mumias CEO Links William Ruto to Looting Mumias Sugar
« on: June 09, 2017, 10:42:56 AM »
Now we know why he has been visiting Mumias / Washiali more than his VIP toilet in his office.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
Re: Mumias CEO Links William Ruto to Looting Mumias Sugar
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 10:48:26 AM »
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 11:45:19 AM »
I don't see any looting. Perhaps as a reason for the CEO leaving?

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:17:08 PM »
Looting is not the issue here, but one can see that the national government has no intentions of reviivng MSC. They are just playing with the minds of the local residents.

I don't see any looting. Perhaps as a reason for the CEO leaving?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 12:32:51 PM »
I'd let it go under, sell it to someone like the Bahindi Rais/Mehtas/Madhavanis - all those asian running those sugar factories in Kenya & uganda & TZ - and forget about it.

The sugar industry should revert back to indians - they know how to ran this - see how they are making money from Butali, Kibos, West Kenya, Ramisi, Transmara and AgroChemical..

They started our sugar and cotton industry - and ever seen goK took over -its been one gigantic mess.

Privatise and let it die - and be gobbled up by Indians - the sugar industry should never have been nationalized. I mean Indians in 1922 were producing 20,000 tonnes of sugar from Miwani and after independence we forcefully took over - and created huge mess.

Museveni returned the farms to Indians - and now Uganda is producing surplus sugar.

Looting is not the issue here, but one can see that the national government has no intentions of reviivng MSC. They are just playing with the minds of the local residents.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 12:43:32 PM »
The Indians are in Kakamega running two sugar companies that benefit from the collapse of Mumias. They were licenced by Kosgei and Mudavadi.

MSC is earmarked for change of hands. The last time I said this you retorted that if anybody wants to buy it it is bloody cheap on the NSE. Of course if the intention was to pay anything for it, they would do that. But if they can get it ala Panpaper why waste good money?

That aside, it is turning out that Uhuru has been selling hot air in the name of rescue. It is all publicity with no substance. The last time I met someone from Mumias he told me if the money comes, it usually comes with a list of beneficiaries. The management is supposed to make a list of "pending bills", prepare the cheques in advance and release them the day the Rescue cheque arrives. Often the people or person who brings the rescue cheque takes with him the other cheques made out to dummy companies "to make it harder for Raila" to figure out.

I'd let it go under, sell it to someone like the Bahindi Rais/Mehtas/Madhavanis - all those asian running those sugar factories in Kenya & uganda & TZ - and forget about it.

The sugar industry should revert back to indians - they know how to ran this - see how they are making money from Butali, Kibos, West Kenya, Ramisi, Transmara and AgroChemical..

They started our sugar and cotton industry - and ever seen goK took over -its been one gigantic mess.

Privatise and let it die - and be gobbled up by Indians.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 12:47:45 PM »
Me too. Better leave sugar milling in private hands like in the case of maize. MSC is just a looting club for the selected few. It will eventually go under and the sooner the govt lets go the better.

Privatise and let it die - and be gobbled up by Indians - the sugar industry should never have been nationalized. I mean Indians in 1922 were producing 20,000 tonnes of sugar from Miwani and after independence we forcefully took over - and created huge mess.

Museveni returned the farms to Indians - and now Uganda is producing surplus sugar.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 12:51:45 PM »
What do you expect Washiali to do when he is one labouring to get the rescue package - to let managers at Mumias continue what Kidero did - which ship the money back to Nairobi to their private business - or for him to demand a share of his sweat.

Mumias, Miwani, Nzoia, Chemelil and Sony should be put on fire sale auction - and sold for dirty cheap.

Sugar farming will become more profitable when bahindis will be running it.

The Indians are in Kakamega running two sugar companies that benefit from the collapse of Mumias. They were licenced by Kosgei and Mudavadi.

MSC is earmarked for change of hands. The last time I said this you retorted that if anybody wants to buy it it is bloody cheap on the NSE. Of course if the intention was to pay anything for it, they would do that. But if they can get it ala Panpaper why waste good money?

That aside, it is turning out that Uhuru has been selling hot air in the name of rescue. It is all publicity with no substance. The last time I met someone from Mumias he told me if the money comes, it usually comes with a list of beneficiaries. The management is supposed to make a list of "pending bills", prepare the cheques in advance and release them the day the Rescue cheque arrives. Often the people or person who brings the rescue cheque takes with him the other cheques made out to dummy companies "to make it harder for Raila" to figure out.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 01:11:35 PM »
Kidero did not loot Mumias in that fashion you describe.

Kidero discovered how to make money from Sugar Baronism and joined in. He helped them market their sugar and schemed on the profits. In between he kept an eye on the margins. Kihanya was there to keep his name in good books.

I do not think they should sell them. Sugarcane is no longer viable. First GoK must restructure those factories to eliminate sugar cane and transit to sugar beet. Then remove protection and let them compete. I should be free to import Danish Sugar anytime I wish in quantities I desire.-
What do you expect Washiali to do when he is one labouring to get the rescue package - to let managers at Mumias continue what Kidero did - which ship the money back to Nairobi to their private business - or for him to demand a share of his sweat.

Mumias, Miwani, Nzoia, Chemelil and Sony should be put on fire sale auction - and sold for dirty cheap.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
Because they are heavily consumed in the country, Sugar and Maize attracts cartels like cocaine business in Mexico, Central and southeern America or Oil in Nigeria.  WSR is the Noriega of Sugar and Maize cartels in Kenya.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »
Kenya has surpussed Nigeria in corruption. They do it very openely thse days. During Kibaki's time these people will be hounded and at least thrown out. Uhuru's time they are encouraged and given hi fives.
These are Pundits buddies.:)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »
Kenya has surpussed Nigeria in corruption. They do it very openely thse days. During Kibaki's time these people will be hounded and at least thrown out. Uhuru's time they are encouraged and given hi fives.

I'd say they are at par.  Neither can get worse than the other.  Naija loses more in corruption, only because it's bigger.

https://www.ft.com/content/90034f80-eaca-11e5-888e-2eadd5fbc4a4
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:32 PM »
If ouru were to get another term, Kenya will surpass Nigeria.

I'd say they are at par.  Neither can get worse than the other.  Naija loses more in corruption, only because it's bigger.

https://www.ft.com/content/90034f80-eaca-11e5-888e-2eadd5fbc4a4
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 08:46:25 PM »
Washiali does not labor to rescue Mumias. Washiali uses it as a money laundering outfit. He did it for years until they brought in a mzungu who put down his foot.

The Company secretary could not run away like the Australian. He was murdered. All this after he refused to give out the 10M commission and authorize the payment of "pending bills".