Author Topic: The Doctor's strike should have been resolved by now  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: The Doctor's strike should have been resolved by now
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Explain to me in simple terms to mine and the general public satisfaction Why the Uhuru Regime negotiated and signed a Collective Bargaining Agreement with an entity that had nothing to do with it and I'll buy everything else you say after that.
Health is devolved. The rest are nonsense. The elephant in the house is that doctors and nurse as well as hospitals and dispensaries are under counties.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 01:09:52 PM »
Isaac Ruto can answer you in very simpler terms.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/12/09/cs-macharia-is-to-blame-because-he-signed-cba-with-doctors-without_c1470374
Seem you guys don't get. Whatever Macharia did by signing that CBA is NULL AND VOID. Health is devolved.Repeating that for umpteenth time. Macharia was under pressure to solve 2013 strike and lied to doctors - CBA is not worth the piece of paper it was written - it even had no SRC input. That is all this hulabaloo is about. The doctors need to sign CBA with their employers - county service boards - in all the 47 counties.

Explain to me in simple terms to mine and the general public satisfaction Why the Uhuru Regime negotiated and signed a Collective Bargaining Agreement with an entity that had nothing to do with it and I'll buy everything else you say after that.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
Pundit

What you are casually admitting is close to treason and exactly the stuff that we thought we were getting rid of when the new constitution came into being. The idea that your government would brazenly tell you a lie and that the person conducting the lie would be acting under instructions from the President is something I thought I would never see.

Will there be any consequences to him personally or he was simply a messenger of Uhuru and Ruto?

Of course there will be no action taken against Macharia or Uhuru. For now at least.

That said I recall your statement that since Counties are unable to handle health Uhuru should take it back.

One more question: In what context was Uhuru offering the doctors higher pay while knowing that he was NOT their employer? Had he spoken to and received backing for that offer from all the 47 counties?

Correction: SRC rubber stamped it and had no recorded objection to anything in it until recently.

Isaac Ruto can answer you in very simpler terms.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/12/09/cs-macharia-is-to-blame-because-he-signed-cba-with-doctors-without_c1470374
Seem you guys don't get. Whatever Macharia did by signing that CBA is NULL AND VOID. Health is devolved.Repeating that for umpteenth time. Macharia was under pressure to solve 2013 strike and lied to doctors - CBA is not worth the piece of paper it was written - it even had no SRC input. That is all this hulabaloo is about. The doctors need to sign CBA with their employers - county service boards - in all the 47 counties.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 04:26:00 PM »
I am not sure about details but I assume at that time national gov was yet to transfer some functions. In 2013 Jubilee had just come in and most function were transfered late 2013 -2015 - gok was given max of 5yrs to transfer all functions. At one point - national gov - was processing payroll for doctors, nurses and others - until around 2015!

I think both parties lied to each other in good faith. Now we are in 2017. That deal is null and void now. Way forward - which is what I am interested with always - is for doctors to negotiate with each county - and if that is difficult - we need debate on way forward.

It obvious most doctors will not stick to counties and our hospitals will suffer. Counties need to step up. They can do this. And if they cannot - well - let them hand it back to national gok.

Pundit

What you are casually admitting is close to treason and exactly the stuff that we thought we were getting rid of when the new constitution came into being. The idea that your government would brazenly tell you a lie and that the person conducting the lie would be acting under instructions from the President is something I thought I would never see.

Will there be any consequences to him personally or he was simply a messenger of Uhuru and Ruto?

Of course there will be no action taken against Macharia or Uhuru. For now at least.

That said I recall your statement that since Counties are unable to handle health Uhuru should take it back.

One more question: In what context was Uhuru offering the doctors higher pay while knowing that he was NOT their employer? Had he spoken to and received backing for that offer from all the 47 counties?

Correction: SRC rubber stamped it and had no recorded objection to anything in it until recently.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »
The functions were transferred after the 4th march elections. Jubilee refused to hand over some such as roads resulting in court cases. I think they have hang on to health functions illegally.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2024, 04:01:13 PM »
Devolved or not? Mafya House or counties?
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution