Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 7929 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: December 21, 2014, 06:43:06 AM »
Good morning church,
Luke 2:10-15King James Version (KJV)

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

Earlier this week I wrote to some group about the excesses of Christmas. Overindulging be it in shopping, eating,drinking, traveling, and of course some fake charity. This is the time when we suddenly discover we have the needy among us.

Somebody wrote back and said that all those were not the 'spirit' of Christmas but that God's love and Jesus birth is. He said it is a time of reflection. Surely you barely have time to reflect if half the ton at or around Christmas you are doing at least one of what I mentioned.

Christmas is a man made tradition that cropped at least 250 years after Christ was born. Jesus certainly was not interested in being feted. The above verses are usually flashed as a basis for celebrating Christmas but let us note that this happened ONLY on the day Christ was born not on his subsequent birthdays. Also, the apostles who recorded this NEVER celebrated his birthday.

There is nothing redeemable in this holiday. We register the highest number of deaths on our roads. Very many sink into debts out of this feast. And worse of all is, it conditions us to reflect on God's gift to mankind ONLY around this time and not continuously.

God most certainly never ordered it and as such He is not bound to watch over it. The only thing Jesus would have us do is partaking His table in his remembrance that is his sacrificial death.
Do this in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:26 (ESV)
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

In conclusion, whatever you do this season,take care and stay away from our roads and try and go through the first two chapters of Luke and Matthew .

And Now, let us worship the King of Kings,alpha and Omega,the first begotten from among the dead
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.