Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 7901 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
Good morning church,

Matthew 1:18 (KJV)
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Every occasion I read or hear those words,I know it is Christmas. I don't recall hearing them any other time outside December. That's the power of conditioning; we have been made to believe that Jesus was born on 25th of December, we celebrate his birthday on the same so much such that the Nativity narrative sounds funny when encountered elsewhere outside Christmas/December.

We do not need calendars to study some portions of scriptures.
2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

This includes the two accounts of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So it is wrong to wait till Christmas to dust our Matthew and Luke accounts.

This December BEFORE Christmas, I beseech you by the mercies of God that you devote some few hours of your busy life to studying the first two chapters of Matthew and Luke.

Shalom and have a blessed Lord's Day

Worship is the ONLY constant in eternity so we would do well to start right away!

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.