Author Topic: Martha to Gachagua: "If you don't know something, better say you are not aware"  (Read 264 times)

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
We need a VAR.
Hon Gachagua goes on a rant saying "Martha is lying on National TV", yet RVPundit & his North Rift cousins and I, who hail from maize-growing areas, know that NCPB - National Cereal and Produce Board were in May 2022 distributing subsidized DAP fertilizer 50kg bag at Ksh 2,800/= where I personally registered & bought 6 bags at that price.

In case of doubt here is a link:
https://www.kenyanews.go.ke/ncpb-releases-subsidized-fertilizer-to-north-rift-farmers/#:~:text=The%20government%20has%20set%20aside,Sh6%2C%20200%20at%20the%20market.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
We last grew maize in 1995.The first person in our village to stop maize planting was one Maina Jonathan in 1991 who then focus on total tea planting.My mother occasionally grow 1/4 acre of maize but village dogs feed on them.We grow tea.We get bonus we buy maize we need per year and pay all schools fees for all children.. what remain we buy land or plots or develop...that is wisdom we learnt in 90s.Tea is our business and maize we consider for idiots.Our location in kimulot of konoin is almost monoculture sitting next large tea plantation.That mzee simply asked why are tea companies not growing maize...we all stopped .By 1995 Maina was buying 17m land in nakuru... everyone abandoned maize n dairy and went large scale tea.Now everyone in our village almost own lands in nakuru.. school fees paid annually... maize bought annually... bonus is when most people do annual transaction then rest of year it's 24-7 tea business.. hectic but rewarding .Our people work hard..wake up early.. sleep late...tea business is 365 days business..large farms..many workers.. solving problem the whole day sometimes nights . Dealing with 20 workers with their families.. tea has be picked..taken to factory.. every day except Sunday