Author Topic: Musk is building SkyNet  (Read 18924 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Musk is building SkyNet
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2024, 12:22:39 PM »
?t=o3ke2wyGATBhaSp-LJtAjw&s=19
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2024, 04:59:30 PM »
More "ooh tunaonewa" whining... the US has the most permissive, protective policies on Big Tech - compared to the EU, China, Russia, India, Africa or everyone else.

Musk decries US government censorship
17 Feb, 2024 01:13 / Updated 54 minutes ago

https://www.rt.com/news/592575-elon-musk-us-government-censorship/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2024, 12:33:12 PM »
Worldcoin soars 140% in a week as wallet app hits 1M daily users
https://cointelegraph.com/news/worldcoin-price-soars-wallet-world-app-openai-sam-altman-sora

Empirically, cryptos will rise organically rather than the Bitcoin rough & tumble, as a quorum of veteran investors and entrepreneurs embrace it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Musk will soon be bankrupt, or dethroned!!!
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2024, 10:55:11 AM »
His 56bil package was thrown out by the judge.
Like Trump am sure he will appeal all the way to Supremacy
Does this mean he loses his ultra wealth?

@Georgesoros I make the prediction half-awake that Elon Musk will/would win the 56B suit on appeal. Why?

1. "Conflict of interest"

Musk was not on the board when the deal was discussed. He had been stripped by the SEC over some other lunacy. Musk was and remains a legal employee of the company and entitled to negotiated benefits. If the board was incompetent or shortchanged that is not Musk's problem. But were they?

2. Public or "shareholder interest"

This is so objectively overblown by that Delaware court. A shareholder's interest is growth in value of their investment. Tesla value has risen from 50B to at least 500B. Musk compensation is a fraction of the gains - what "interest" is the litigant talking about?

3. Delaware interest

Majority of the vaunted Big Tech and many companies register in Delaware for the legal wiggle room it allows in corporate taxes, JVs, etc. This court decision is chopping the nose  to spite the face. I don't need to check to know how many phone calls Delaware AG and politicians have made persuading Tesla and other companies not to bolt the state.

4. I am half as sleepy now - something about irreversible damage. The shareholder should have obtained a stay immediately the 56B deal was done. Musk already spent the cash to buy Twitter. 🙂. Most importantly, Musk already delivered his part of the deal -

[snoring]

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2024, 10:36:20 AM »
A challenger to Tesla Optimus humanoid robot. Figure AI is backed by Amazon which wants to sustain dominance in robotics. Also by Microsoft and OpenAI.

Figure AI to Raise $675 Million for Human-Like Robots

https://www.pymnts.com/news/investment-tracker/2024/report-figure-ai-to-raise-675-million-for-human-like-robots/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2024, 10:38:47 AM »
A challenger to Tesla Optimus humanoid robot. Figure AI is backed by Amazon which wants to sustain dominance in robotics. Also by Microsoft and OpenAI.

Figure AI to Raise $675 Million for Human-Like Robots

https://www.pymnts.com/news/investment-tracker/2024/report-figure-ai-to-raise-675-million-for-human-like-robots/

Jeff Bezos and Nvidia join OpenAI and Microsoft in backing a humanoid robot unicorn valued at $2 billion, sources say
https://fortune.com/2024/02/23/jeff-bezos-nvidia-openai-microsoft-robot-unicorn-figureai-funding-round/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2024, 12:10:00 PM »
Nice try Elon, almost does count here.

SpaceX launches giant Starship rocket into space on epic 3rd test flight
https://www.space.com/spacex-starship-third-test-flight-launch

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2024, 04:00:26 PM »
Don Lemon fails to know which side of his bread is butter.

?t=YmfRNhGLPb7NItAVM66_vw&s=19

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2024, 10:30:13 PM »
Nice try Elon, almost does count here.

SpaceX launches giant Starship rocket into space on epic 3rd test flight
https://www.space.com/spacex-starship-third-test-flight-launch

Starship is revolutionary, 100X better over present rockets.

After Thursday’s flight, Starship is already the most revolutionary rocket ever built

But even with those caveats, Starship is already the most revolutionary rocket ever built. Because of a relentless focus on costs and cheap building materials, such as stainless steel, SpaceX can likely build and launch a fully expendable version of Starship for about $100 million. Most of that money is in the booster, with its 33 engines. So once Super Heavy becomes reusable, you can probably cut manufacturing costs down to about $30 million per launch.

This means that, within a year or so, SpaceX will have a rocket that costs about $30 million and lifts 100 to 150 metric tons to low-Earth orbit.

Bluntly, this is absurd.

For fun, we could compare that to some existing rockets. NASA's Space Launch System, for example, can lift up to 95 tons to low-Earth orbit. That's nearly as much as Starship. But it costs $2.2 billion per launch, plus additional ground systems fees. So it's almost a factor of 100 times more expensive for less throw weight. Also, the SLS rocket can fly once per year at most.

Then there's the European Space Agency's Vega rocket. Its costs are roughly on par with a Starship that has a reusable first stage. For $37 million, with Vega, you get about 1.5 metric tons to low-Earth orbit. Again, that's a factor of 100 times less payload than Starship.

https://arstechnica.com/space/2024/03/thursdays-starship-flight-provided-a-glimpse-into-a-future-of-abundant-access-to-space/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2024, 07:01:48 PM »
His 56bil package was thrown out by the judge.
Like Trump am sure he will appeal all the way to Supremacy
Does this mean he loses his ultra wealth?

@Georgesoros I make the prediction half-awake that Elon Musk will/would win the 56B suit on appeal. Why?

1. "Conflict of interest"

Musk was not on the board when the deal was discussed. He had been stripped by the SEC over some other lunacy. Musk was and remains a legal employee of the company and entitled to negotiated benefits. If the board was incompetent or shortchanged that is not Musk's problem. But were they?

2. Public or "shareholder interest"

This is so objectively overblown by that Delaware court. A shareholder's interest is growth in value of their investment. Tesla value has risen from 50B to at least 500B. Musk compensation is a fraction of the gains - what "interest" is the litigant talking about?

3. Delaware interest

Majority of the vaunted Big Tech and many companies register in Delaware for the legal wiggle room it allows in corporate taxes, JVs, etc. This court decision is chopping the nose  to spite the face. I don't need to check to know how many phone calls Delaware AG and politicians have made persuading Tesla and other companies not to bolt the state.

4. I am half as sleepy now - something about irreversible damage. The shareholder should have obtained a stay immediately the 56B deal was done. Musk already spent the cash to buy Twitter. 🙂. Most importantly, Musk already delivered his part of the deal -

[snoring]

Told you this is economic suicide attempt for Delaware

Tesla investors are flooding judge who threw out Elon Musk’s $56bn pay package with complaints about winning lawyers’ request for $6bn in company stock
“Respectfully, I believe that this judgement is dangerous and misguided, extremely shareholder-hostile and sets a new precedent that will now mark Delaware going forward as being the state with the most business unfriendly environment,” Blake wrote.

Musk has encouraged other businesses to follow his lead and move to reincorporate outside Delaware, the corporate home to almost 70% of Fortune 500 companies.

https://fortune.com/2024/03/13/tesla-investors-flooding-judge-threw-out-elon-musk-56bn-pay-package-complaints-winning-lawyers-demand-6bn-stock/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2024, 05:16:29 PM »
Ranking by users not # of billions of parameters

Claude takes the top spot in AI chatbot ranking — finally knocking GPT-4 down to second place

https://www.tomsguide.com/ai/claude-takes-the-top-spot-in-ai-chatbot-ranking-finally-knocking-gpt-4-down-to-second-place

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2024, 05:21:28 PM »
 🙂 It's raining AI jobs

Zuckerberg calling Google employees, asking them to work for Facebook instead https://futurism.com/the-byte/zuckerberg-emailing-google-employees

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2024, 10:47:37 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2024, 02:01:43 PM »
If RV Punda the local charlatan had a working braincell, he'd have retained his AI startup for a few years as AI peaks. At least sell out abit later like OpenAI. Look at the meteoric rise of Nvidia into Trillion-dollar club of five: Microsoft, Apple, Alphabet, Amazon, Nvidia.

Meta and Berkshire Hathaway are within striking distance:- Meta has some skin in the game with FB, IG, WhatsApp data - and their AI team has Torch, PyTorch, AngularJS, etc - notable AI platforms. And of course Llama LLM which is serious ChatGTP and Bard rival.

Berkshire Hathaway has some significant stake in BYD... which is running circles around Tesla in China, APAC and Europe. And soon BYD will take over Africa and Global South. Because they have cracked battery tech and are vertically integrated with a chokehold on global battery supply chain.. which enable them to clobber Tesla on price.

Yeah - Berkshire is near Trillion-dollar club cause stake in BYD, Apple.

But how come Tesla is worth 7- or 10X as much as BYD?

Well, BYD may be able to mint cheap EVs by owning the battery-auto supply chain. But Tesla has Energy game too - with mega-packs feeding the grid in California, Texas, Australia, etc - which feed the Tesla superchargers for their EVs and even Ford or Uber EVs - complete with home- installable "power-walls" or solar panels. Tesla with EVs, superchargers, grid-supplying megapacks and the panels - is in fact a "smart grid" or IoT ecosystem.

Hold on. Musk has Twitter/X data and xAI with just Grok LLM for now. Tesla is also working on Optimus - a humanoid robot. It will improve rather quickly with vision capabilities from Autopilot and language capabilities from xAI.

Hold on. SpaceX Starlink has global constellation of LEO satellites. Which connects all that stuff globally.

Hold on. Neuralink just released "Telepathy" brain-chip. The objective is a pluggable earbud that can connect humans, swines, gadgets, cars, robots, homes, etc to the SkyNet grid.

Did I mention the Boring Company? A "Road OS" tunnel network under the city.

So the kicker is that "Tesla Mobile" - the near-future Musk has been selling of Level 5 cars on Uber-esque network - is buoyed by the smart IoT ecosystem - a complete circle that noone else can muster without big multi-company partnerships.

This justifies the Tesla 5- or 10X vs Toyota or VW or BYD valuation. And the Regular RV Pundit or Georgesoros cannot see beyond their nose. So they insist that Tesla is "waayyy overlued". Do you really think the market is that stupid?

Tesla seems to be struggling with Autopilot or get outpriced by BYD. But personally I foresee it hitting 1, 2- 3Trillion-dollar club. If it doesn't go private soon.

Tesla is in deeeep trouble - according to Wall Street. Ha!

FREE ADVICE - WHEN TESLA HITS $150 BUY!!! It will course- correct soon after once the mist clears. Cause ecosystem.

You get it right? Starship just hit all the milestones for pre-flight. And will soon skyrocket - and unlock capital and goodwill to escalate Starlink. Which will mean more HD map data for Autopilot,...

When the "Tesla Mobile" network effect kicks in Tesla will be neck and neck with Nvidia and Microsoft. Tesla is in AI, robotics, energy game with everyone - except as unbeatable vertical integration. Awesome synergy and symbiosis. But some analysts think it's behind the curve... 👀🤔

'As negative as we have seen in the last few years': Why a number of Wall Street analysts are souring on Tesla
Filip De Mott Mar 29, 2024, 5:06 PM GMT+3

Tesla's full self-driving could add $40 per share, Bernstein said, but noted that the pricing would be competed away, as Tesla is not alone in pursuing FSD. The company is already behind in robotics, AI, and the robotaxi service.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/tesla-stock-outlook-downgrades-elon-musk-growth-deliveries-price-cuts-2024-3

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2024, 11:04:12 PM »
I'ma pick up some Tesla stock at $150 - and hold long-term. Currently at $167.

Tesla shares fall after deliveries drop 8.5% from a year ago

KEY POINTS

•Tesla reported first-quarter vehicle deliveries of 386,810, a drop of 8.5% from the same quarter last year.

•According to a mean of 11 estimates compiled by FactSet, analysts were expecting deliveries of around 457,000 for the first three months of the year.

•This was Tesla’s first year-over-year decline in deliveries since 2020, when its operations were disrupted by the global pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/02/tesla-tsla-q1-2024-vehicle-delivery-and-production-numbers.html