Author Topic: Nairobi Luhyas protest Tim being forced out governor  (Read 3601 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Nairobi Luhyas protest Tim being forced out governor
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2022, 11:00:48 AM »
Pundit speaks too much for Luhyas.

Wanyonyi will go nowhere without ODM backing and he knows it. Igathe will come second to Sakaja. Bad move from Uhuru, but Kikuyus need something big in the Kenyan political order. This time they will go home dry.
In Kenya kwanza wako sawa..they may gett dpork and many key position..it's 35 percent..uhuru has spoilt it by dividing gema..then becoming greedy as usual.if they had stuck to the deal it would have been 50-50 but now Ruto had to bring luhyas to take 30 percent.In Azimios they are killing it by chasing kambas out and remaining luhyas out... while not bringing anything substantial..just a promise they will fund and rig jakom in

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2022, 02:22:27 PM »
I thought Bungoma was dying after PEV. And pockets of crazy gang killings.
Kanduyi has all the night life. Likes of Kanduyi are a very interesting urbanization lot. They are built from by hasoras from scratch. Throw in like of Matayos, Chaka, Kenol, Githurai, Kitengelas, and such.  Very robust hasora economies. Downside is no public infrastructure as most hasoras are running from corrupt urban planners.

I see - Sikata on the way to that little mountain - forget the name that sounded kalenjin (chebukwa) - or through Lusaka road that links Sikata with Bungoma.

Wangamati Tourist hotel was biggest..though I dont think he owned it...I think it's either gov owned or teachers owned...like Kakamega golf resort.

Anyway congratulations...Bungoma is going to become a big city - if the trend continues. My cousin lives hapo Bungoma...

The route to Kibabii University is different. To get to Kibabii University you must go all the way to Kanduyi then take a right.

The straight forward route to get to Hunters Paradise Cottages or simply 'Hunters Lodge' is to arrive at Sikata Trading Centre which sits on the last Junction before you get to Kanduyi when you are coming from Eldoret. Ask the locals there to direct you which turn to take. Hunter's Lodge has a huge sign post in that area. Less than a Km from there.

And this is where we need to thank Wangamati. He has been instrumental in advising locals to stop selling their urban land, only to move to river bed locations. He has told Bukusu to stop surrendering prime business locations to other communities. My hotel will be the 3rd prestigious hotel in Bgm. The 2nd already opened and is aptly called "Siritamu" - just past Kanduyi on your way to Malaba border.

Sio mbaya - at least he is removing the shame of Kikuyus if not that somali woman (Mama hersi) running Kanduyi and Bungoma while Bukusu ni kuoa bibi wengi kunywa busaa bunglu bangla. The Tim that I have heard is not corruptible.

So this hunter lodge - is the one on your way to Kibabi university?

Seriously, must you post on everything, even on that which you do not know? Where do you think Tim is getting his campaign cash from? Tim has serious investments. For example Bungona County's most prestigious hotel where a buffet plate goes for 3K per person, bottle of wine is 8K - Hunters Lodge it is called:

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2022, 03:18:38 PM »
Nope. Bungoma benefited from PEV. All kikuyus in western kenya run to Bungoma because Bukusu were firmly in PNU. Kikuyus are maybe 20 percent of Kanduyi. They are huge and well established.
Other towns died - like Kakamega and Mumias - Busia - but Bungoma thrived.

I thought Bungoma was dying after PEV. And pockets of crazy gang killings.
Kanduyi has all the night life. Likes of Kanduyi are a very interesting urbanization lot. They are built from by hasoras from scratch. Throw in like of Matayos, Chaka, Kenol, Githurai, Kitengelas, and such.  Very robust hasora economies. Downside is no public infrastructure as most hasoras are running from corrupt urban planners.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2022, 04:11:35 PM »
Did I miss something?

Nope. Bungoma benefited from PEV. All kikuyus in western kenya run to Bungoma because Bukusu were firmly in PNU. Kikuyus are maybe 20 percent of Kanduyi. They are huge and well established.
Other towns died - like Kakamega and Mumias - Busia :o - but Bungoma thrived.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2022, 04:29:14 PM »
Once again, I am amazed at your knowledge of Bungoma. Your knowledge of geography that is, not Political!
Even Chebukwa you know. Wow!

I see - Sikata on the way to that little mountain - forget the name that sounded kalenjin (chebukwa) - or through Lusaka road that links Sikata with Bungoma.

Wangamati Tourist hotel was biggest..though I dont think he owned it...I think it's either gov owned or teachers owned...like Kakamega golf resort.

Anyway congratulations...Bungoma is going to become a big city - if the trend continues. My cousin lives hapo Bungoma...

Learned something. My grandfather was called Chebukwa, so that chebukwa area must have been inhabited by Kalenjins unless Luhyas as well have chebukwa in their names
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2022, 04:33:33 PM »
Indeed you did. You missed afternoon English lesson at Dr Kraft primary school in Maringo or was it Bahati. The lesson on figurative speech - stylistic devices-hyperbole.
Did I miss something?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2022, 04:35:46 PM »
The whole of Bungoma is mix-mash of Kalenjin and Luhya names - I'd say north of Malaba highway - you'll see many kalenjin names - south you'll see Bukusu names.

Bungoma itself is kalenjin name - of dead subtribe - that was aboroginal called Bungomek.

Bukusu and Kalenjin are inter-mixed - the Bukusu simply refused to submit to Kalenjins the way Tirikis and Tachonis did - because of their large numbers. They did copy circuscmion though - as it was minimum for interraction - and then gave kalenjin their daughters - in exchange of cattle.

The relaitonship btw Sabaot/Sebei and Bukusu/Bagisu of Uganda calls all the way to Mbale town in Uganda...

Learned something. My grandfather was called Chebukwa, so that chebukwa area must have been inhabited by Kalenjins unless Luhyas as well have chebukwa in their names

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2022, 04:41:57 PM »
The whole of Bungoma is mix-mash of Kalenjin and Luhya names - I'd say north of Malaba highway - you'll see many kalenjin names - south you'll see Bukusu names.

Bungoma itself is kalenjin name - of dead subtribe - that was aboroginal called Bungomek.

Bukusu and Kalenjin are inter-mixed - the Bukusu simply refused to submit to Kalenjins the way Tirikis and Tachonis did - because of their large numbers. They did copy circuscmion though - as it was minimum for interraction - and then gave kalenjin their daughters - in exchange of cattle.

The relaitonship btw Sabaot/Sebei and Bukusu/Bagisu of Uganda calls all the way to Mbale town in Uganda...

Are terikek and tiriki the same? Terikek speak Kalenjin and I think tirik speak their language
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2022, 04:54:01 PM »
It was Bahati Uhuru my fren. Dr Kraft is somewhere else. It is like mistaking Eldoret with Kericho. :D :D

Indeed you did. You missed afternoon English lesson at Dr Kraft primary school in Maringo or was it Bahati. The lesson on figurative speech - stylistic devices-hyperbole.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2022, 04:57:44 PM »
Not sure what you mean with submitted. The Tiriki did interact with their neighbours, the Nandi and not sure where Kalejin comes here. All people who intereact with others take up some things from the others and keep some of their own. Am sure the Nandis too did take up some of the Tiriki culture. You always seem to assume the Nandi had the upper hand in everything.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2022, 06:22:43 PM »
Nope. I meant Maragoli and Bukusu were a force to reckon with - in terms of self-defence- and refuse to make alliance or be friends with Nandis. Tirikis, Tachonis and Malava people - Kabras - allied with Nandis - in such a way it was becoming assimilated. Bukusu were similarly assimilating Sabaots. So it was two way traffic. The weak tribes allied with strong tribes. Luo tribe took lots of small bantu tribes - latest being Abasuba.

I'd say Tiriki are hybrid - half nandi-half luhyas - same way Sabaots were nearly consumed by Bukusu - if not for intervention of Nandis :) :)

Of course us kipsigis were one people with nandis - more of cousins - with solid alliance - and had some respectful association with maasai - and did intermary with Gusii alot - there was little if any Luo association because they refused to cut. We swallowed Ogiek or Dorobos on the forest.

There were various form of tribal alliance or solidarity pre-colonial period.

Not sure what you mean with submitted. The Tiriki did interact with their neighbours, the Nandi and not sure where Kalejin comes here. All people who intereact with others take up some things from the others and keep some of their own. Am sure the Nandis too did take up some of the Tiriki culture. You always seem to assume the Nandi had the upper hand in everything.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2022, 07:57:05 PM »
People west of mt kenya are very intermixed,how do you even trace family lines,I can trace my family line to circa 1800 all pure Merus

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2022, 08:23:41 PM »
People west of mt kenya are very intermixed,how do you even trace family lines,I can trace my family line to circa 1800 all pure Merus
1800 is just the other day; we have traced ours with near precision spending tones of money and tracing all the way from 1500. We were Nandis/Kipsigis from 1790 after the death of last abagusii relatives. Our great great great great grandfather by the name chibweri and his two brothers kisiara and muinoni were abagusii that was in late 1600. I bet if you dig deeper, your family could be another tribe in the 1700. We have also learned that our origin is Musoma Tanganyika in the 1500!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2022, 08:56:38 PM »
I doubt bantus keep their genealogical history long though naming systems helps.. kalenjin, Luos and Somalis keep their family trees going centuries.I don't
think bantus have strong clan structure...most of history is kept at clan .A clan has root male ancestors that all clan member descent from..and most can trace it..some all the way to Sudan.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2022, 08:45:57 AM »
It is now Igathe-Wanyonyi after backlash. Wanyonyi was bribed but the secretive payout was not enough to calm people so he was offered a deputy position. 50% Bukusu probably go with him. Sakaja need to get a street Gema or street Kamba deputy!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2022, 08:59:57 AM »
Precisely - you read my mind. Sakaja need Moses Kuria. That is the guy to undo the Kikuyu propaganda that is behind Igathe push. Kambas without deputy will never vote Igathe. They will donate all their votes to Sakaja. So Sakaja got himself 17% pump.

This problem Azimio faces - they appease Luhyas - they disappoint Kambas - they appease kikuyus - the rest cry.

This why tribal politics is very very complicated - and Ruto has tried not make it the central plank of his politics. Sakaja is running on his own merits - because he is popular - not because he is half luhya half kalenjin.

But I think it's good move for Azimio to lose governorship but try to keep the Luo-Luhya alliance in Nairobi politics - for without that - they will lose EVERYTHING :) :) Whatever they do they must not undo the reliable kavirondo alliance...because GEMA/Kenya Kwanza will overrun them in city politics - and win nearly all MCAS seats.

So Igathe is least of their problem - the dead on arrival project going nowhere.

It is now Igathe-Wanyonyi after backlash. Wanyonyi was bribed but the secretive payout was not enough to calm people so he was offered a deputy position. 50% Bukusu probably go with him. Sakaja need to get a street Gema or street Kamba deputy!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2022, 12:33:57 PM »
Every party is dealing with demands.  It's totally expected in the winner takes scorched earth environment that is Kenyan politics.  It's not like they will find any satisfactory offers on the other side.  Messi, their biggest Luhya catch has settled for what, dog-catcher :D?

If you ask KK what Mdvd is getting from Ruto... at least Kalonzo is demanding DPORK. Mdvd is basically getting Yattani job - Rotich job - Kimunya job - a job he had at 30 during Moi. He lost his Sabatia seat while running for Uhuru VP - then lost Luhya to Raila when running for PORK. How come Sakaja is running under UDA and not ANC? Kweli Mdvd is a bimbo. It is a no-brainer how Luhya see the KK unwritten "deal" - if it can even be called that.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2022, 12:44:43 PM »
They have come up with most ridicolous line up.
Igathe - from nowhere
Kaloki - from nowhere
Kwamboka - from nowhere
Tim - given senate - likely to reject - leaving it to become fight btw kamanda and Sifuna.

Prediction - Kenya Kwanza carries the day in Nairobi - Luhyas get angry in Nairobi and western.

Look like Uhuru is working for Ruto - knowingly or unknowingly.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2022-04-21-hopes-dashed-as-uhuru-raila-shuffle-nairobi-lineup/

Tim is DG - happily - and will take his diehard backers with him. Of course you cannot now say Luhya "god" will suddenly be forsaken by his worshippers - so long he calmly tell Luhya he will be co-governor... they will go with him.

Sakaja is Luhya-Kalenjin pointee version of Igathe. After Sonko hustler experiment this corporate image is not bad - except Igathe has rock-star brand almost akin to his mentor Dr James Mwangi. On this image score he beats Sakaja.

TRIBE
Gema are already split KK 2-1 Azimio - but Murang'a folk will go with Igathe. Split 50-50
Luhya will split Sakaja 2-1 Igathe - roughly - because Tim is co-governor.
Kamba will go bulk Azimio as no camp is offering them anything in Nairobi. If I was Raila I would give them Mombasa by stepping down Nassir.
Gusii, Somali - bulk Azimio as we can see in NEP and Nyanza

Pundit leta fujo na fitina

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2022, 12:50:18 PM »

Wanyonyi will go nowhere without ODM backing and he knows it. Igathe will come second to Sakaja. Bad move from Uhuru, but Kikuyus need something big in the Kenyan political order. This time they will go home dry.

Pundit drinks his own voodoo... and dances his own beat with Noway & RVHH as the supporting cast. Their moves are midas touches and the opponents are downright fools.

the UDA delusion

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2022, 12:57:18 PM »

Robina Can I declare that you vanish from Nipate come Aug 09 Night when its apparent Ruto has won elections.

Pundit drinks his own voodoo... and dances his own beat with Noway & RVHH as the supporting cast. Their moves are midas touches and the opponents are downright fools.

the UDA delusion