Author Topic: Emmanuel Wanyonyi  (Read 562 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Emmanuel Wanyonyi
« on: August 24, 2021, 04:09:07 AM »
running style reminds me of Nijel Amos.  The Botswanan dude who has strangely fizzled in his prime(if his age is not fake).

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: Emmanuel Wanyonyi
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 04:43:29 AM »
running style reminds me of Nijel Amos.  The Botswanan dude who has strangely fizzled in his prime(if his age is not fake).

Great victory!

One thing I have noticed is most Kenyan runners have poor running posture or gait, due to weird biomechanics. Look at Kibet, terrible form. I think they have narrow constricted hips, another reason to ditch carb heavy diet. One of the reasons Mo Farah excelled was his gait was relaxed and elegant, his running was effortless, same with Hicham El Guerroj. Botswanan dude's running style is terrible too.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 08:55:26 AM »
800 is a very technical race.  It requires an optimal balance between aerobic and anaerobic running.  Guys like Rudisha had very good aerobics,  but weaker anaerobic running.  So he was at his best running from the front and creating a huge gap.  If it was big enough, he cruised to victory.

Nijel and this Wanyonyi have a weaker aerobic but strong anaerobic composition (what we call finishing kick).  If they stay close to the front, they can more or less sprint the last stretch.  Their style is almost like galloping towards the end, using gravity to gain momentum(the similarity).

Narrow hips are okay - actually advantageous - for running in general.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 09:38:57 AM »
These restrictions are shit. Watched those athletes - majority are out of shape. Very worrying.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 12:01:06 PM »
Wanyonyi - big suprise - never heard of him before.