Author Topic: Oregon World Championships  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Oregon World Championships
« on: July 16, 2022, 03:22:23 AM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
Re: Oregon World Championships
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 07:38:44 PM »
Ferdinand Omanyala is through to the semis.  Defying jet lag.  Me thinks he should take it easy, stay healthy and shoot for the Commonwealth title.  He is not going to compete with Fred Kerley, Trayvon Bromell etc while nursing that level of disruption.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 07:39:47 PM »
Kenya lawrence cherono nabbed for doping.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 08:57:01 PM »
Kenya lawrence cherono nabbed for doping.

It's become a crowded field.  Few can stay at the top long enough to milk it.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 09:18:06 PM »
10K women final coming soon

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 09:39:30 PM »
Wont make it past the semis. If he does it will be a miracle. Flying econmy class then  Jet lag and timing difference with little time to adjust lets see

Ferdinand Omanyala is through to the semis.  Defying jet lag.  Me thinks he should take it easy, stay healthy and shoot for the Commonwealth title.  He is not going to compete with Fred Kerley, Trayvon Bromell etc while nursing that level of disruption.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2022, 09:53:31 PM »
Amina Mohamed and President's office need to be ejected from any leadership roles. Team Kenya deserves independent managers free of cartels and corrupt people, especially in the office of the President. Freedom is coming soon, though!. If I was Omanyala, I would have protested by refusing to fly late. Most professional athletes get to the location a week to two weeks early to acquaint themselves with the environment. Sad that Kenya is very incompetent and highly corrupt.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 10:12:25 PM »
Sport funds from betting should finance sports

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2022, 10:19:17 PM »
Okay 10k women on

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2022, 10:55:02 PM »
Well-done obiri and kipkemei.. Ethiopian is a monster doesn't look like tiring

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2022, 05:22:30 AM »
poor Ferdinand Omanyalla is out. Hope team Kenya and Amina Mohamed learn from stupid bureaucracy and corruption! Had the guy arrived a week early or on Tuesday latest, he could have made the cut. Winning final was a long shot but he could have easily come second or third, which is a big deal on international stage!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Kapcheptoror

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2022, 05:17:27 PM »

The only Medal Sure bet is Faith in the Women's 1500, the rest appear dispirited, just trotting along and risking round qualification by shutting down too early like Timothy Cheruiyot... Women's 3000 is headed to Kazak or is it Chechnya, courtesy of a Kale lass, Beatrice Chepkoeach's absence will be felt in a big way.. never imagined a Baniani would qualify for the Men's steeplechase finals flooring some touted Kenyans in the process, I will root for the Banian, anything that washes the smack on El Bakkali's face..but Wanyonyi will make us proud, Go Wanyonyi !!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2022, 06:27:19 PM »
Yes doesn't look at all. Preparation shambolic

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2022, 06:34:43 PM »
Bigger problems that people can acknowledge ,  I think Drugs ,Money and lack of talent is a reason.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2022, 06:59:35 PM »
Bigger problems that people can acknowledge ,  I think Drugs ,Money and lack of talent is a reason.

What do you mean lack of talent

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2022, 07:21:46 PM »
You can see U.S. talent enhancing program is working. In Kenya its not  . I bet the potential talent is affected by social vices like drug alcohol abuse and crime .

What do you mean lack of talent

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2022, 07:28:36 PM »
Well-done obiri and kipkemei.. Ethiopian is a monster doesn't look like tiring

Obiri will eventually get that Ethiop.  I think she(Obiri) just switched to that distance recently.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2022, 07:33:31 PM »
poor Ferdinand Omanyalla is out. Hope team Kenya and Amina Mohamed learn from stupid bureaucracy and corruption! Had the guy arrived a week early or on Tuesday latest, he could have made the cut. Winning final was a long shot but he could have easily come second or third, which is a big deal on international stage!

Yes.  He had no business even attempting those races and risking injury.  This is a distance with such small margins, reaction times etc, that if something is slightly off, even Usain Bolt just can't walk off the plane and win at this level.  Omanyala was effectively sabotaged.  In good shape he was capable of disrupting the American 1-2-3 sweep.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kapcheptoror

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2022, 08:25:43 PM »

Ethiopians are mauling us LIVE LIVE, 1-2 in Men's marathon, they have also ended the Steeplechase jinx with Girma but Kipruto's formidable kick could still carry the day, he has to linger close to the front on that last lap... The Jamaican sprint factory is churning potential like crazy, young lads with big time future..

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2022, 08:27:01 PM »

Yes.  He had no business even attempting those races and risking injury.  This is a distance with such small margins, reaction times etc, that if something is slightly off, even Usain Bolt just can't walk off the plane and win at this level.  Omanyala was effectively sabotaged.  In good shape, he was capable of disrupting the American 1-2-3 sweep.
Amina Moha should be getting grilled in parliament, or fired if Kenya was a functional democracy. A simple thing that requires sober management and leadership and these bastards could not muster! Now I know why team Kenya sometimes is on the top then in the next bout they are all deflated. Seems travel arrangements, training, and management are always substandard!