Author Topic: Uhuru Kenyatta to Place County Governments Under Him  (Read 885 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Uhuru Kenyatta to Place County Governments Under Him
« on: August 15, 2017, 05:22:32 PM »
Like I said yesterday Uhuru plans to wreck Devolution by reversing ALL the gains.

He wants them back under the Minister of Local Government. Whether he starts off as Devolution Minister or whatever, eventually The Minister for Local Government will decide who becomes Governor and who does not.

Today, Kiunjuri gave orders on the swearing in of Governors - a move outside his powers.

He has already indicated he will give them the date for preparing budgets for his "approval".

God be Devolution.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Uhuru Kenyatta to Place County Governments Under Him
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
Devolution should be a red line in the sand that he cannot cross.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 05:53:28 PM »
Governors have power and they'll fight to keep it. I don't care which party they belong it. Counties need more power to run their govts and answer to the senate.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 06:47:19 PM »
I found the announcement strange too. Governors should manage their own affairs starting from swearing in. I think it is too early to tell the direction - picking a fight with mashinani folks who can gang up is not smart.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
He will control the Council of governors through stooges. Just like he frustrated the election of Oparanya through Lusaka (whose plans to become Deputy President seem to have suffered a huge blow)
I found the announcement strange too. Governors should manage their own affairs starting from swearing in. I think it is too early to tell the direction - picking a fight with mashinani folks who can gang up is not smart.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »
It is a learning a process. This is a first governors transition. The council of governors resorted to useless fights instead of working on issues like this. Well, the mediocre bunch never thought there would be a transition - they were sure of second terms as little presidents! They had become so comfortable in their swamps.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 02:53:04 PM »
More hot air.... what issues didn't the council of governors not work on?

What do you know about the Council of Governors?

There is no learning process where one is conducting elections for the post for the second time. It cannot be anymore learning than the Presidency or any other office created by the 2010 constitution.

You can defend Uthamaki openly instead of all these silly excuses.

what silly fights did CoG engage in? Is resisting the national Government imposing on them a corrupt equipment deal to be paid for by funds that require county assembly authorization "useless"? Who decided what is not a useless fight, you?

Without elections nobody can say who actually won. I know for a fact that the 54% group of Mutua did not win.

It is a learning a process. This is a first governors transition. The council of governors resorted to useless fights instead of working on issues like this. Well, the mediocre bunch never thought there would be a transition - they were sure of second terms as little presidents! They had become so comfortable in their swamps.