Author Topic: Burundi seems like a slow Genocide erupting over there  (Read 7522 times)

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Burundi seems like a slow Genocide erupting over there
« on: December 13, 2015, 05:21:20 PM »

79 bodies laying in the streets.. seems like there was a show down between Govt Militia and Rebels
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/dozens-dead-streets-burundi-capital-151212133807154.html

The world is watching as ?#?BurundiGenocide? escalates. Where is AU or they are waiting to go and defend Nkrunziza at the ICC?
 The US is issuing travel advisories instead of saving the innocent lives or how many hundreds are supposed to die before the international community intervenes

Very Graphic
https://www.facebook.com/mcinnocent

Nkuruiza is popular

Offline patel

• Enigma
Re: Burundi seems like a slow Genocide erupting over there
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 07:53:15 PM »
Very sad. At what time does one realize the country is greater than an individual.  Nkuruziza had time to step down and retire peacefully but with prodding and support from museveni and uhuru he decided to hang on now he will lose everything.  I lay the blame squarely on AU and EAC for lack of foresight. Since uhuru took the chairmanship of EAC south Sudan has gone to the dog because of the same two fools supporting silva kir, Burundi is at brink of civil war.  Everything uhuru touches turn to dust

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 09:40:39 PM »
The US is issuing travel advisories instead of saving the innocent lives or how many hundreds are supposed to die before the international community intervenes

Sad.  Another avoidable tragedy in the works.

Burundi had a civil war in which over 300,000 died, many were maimed, many displaced, etc.   Finally, there was the Arusha Agreement, which this guy decided to trash.   The US and the "international community" repeatedly warned him of the consequences and tried to get sense into him.   He refused to listen.  And now begins the "need to do something".

There is also the fact that the AU, pepped up by certain ICC criminals and their friends, have been heaping abuse of the West (who are pretty much the only people really expected to "do something").  Neo-colonialists, imperialists, and Africa can solve its own problems!  It's hardly the sort of thing that inspires people to rush in and help.

On top of all that, there seems to be all sorts of mayhem around the world, and it is doubtful that people elsewhere can spare a thought for Burundi, much less get involved.    My guess is that things will continue to slide slowly, the UN Security Council will issue statements that it "deplores the situation" and "urges all parties to blah blah blah", some UN body will set up tents etc. for refugees in nearby countries ...

Burundi still has not reached the point on return.   Nkurunziza can still do the right thing.  Or he can opt for the Assad Path.    The world awaits his choice.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 02:53:30 AM »
Burundi is overpopulated.  A major shortage of land; currently the only means of survival.  Because they lack imagination, shit is bound to hit the fan one way or another.

The current crisis does not appear to be based on the usual Hutu-Tutsi divide.  That could change though, if Rwanda intervenes, leading to a culling of the Tutsi element.

Rwanda also faces the same demographic time-bomb.  People reproducing like flies and virtually none doing anything but tilling increasingly tinier bits of land for survival.

Horrendous leadership tends to obscure the problem.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 03:17:45 AM »
Over populated the place looks very poor by east African standards.. What the population?

I answered the question with simple google
http://countrymeters.info/en/Burundi

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 04:17:59 AM »
Over populated the place looks very poor by east African standards.. What the population?

I answered the question with simple google
http://countrymeters.info/en/Burundi
Yep.  Mostly producing bananas, banana beer and babies.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 04:20:34 AM »
There is no good market for bananas.. They have tea..

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »
Uhuru will argue that its part of growing up. Other countries did it too. during medieval times.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 06:44:28 PM »
Uhuru will argue that its part of growing up. Other countries did it too. during medieval times.
I am increasingly coming round to that view.  The African should be left alone to chart his history knives, arrows and all.  Bazungu were left alone by default to butcher each other into the civilization we know today.

Intervention should only happen when it becomes too much to ignore or there is a large exodus that threatens to overwhelm other parts of the world.  The US should focus on guns and violence in the inner cities.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 07:19:47 PM »
Must be fun with those pretty ladies. :D :D :D

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 07:57:30 PM »
Must be fun with those pretty ladies. :D :D :D

Hehehe...

I'll just clarify that I am not callous.  I think this mess is bound to happen with or without Nkurunziza.  If the African is left alone, and realizes no one will come to his assistance, including accepting fleeing tyrants, he will grow up fast.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 07:06:11 AM »
Same thing happened in Rwanda and to some extent Kenya.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 05:03:56 PM »
this fight seems to be between to Hutu Factions so it is taking more political angle than tribal

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
The images coming in from there are gruesome.  People are being tortured to death.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »
The New African Took over from where the Europeans Barbarism ended during WII. They are the Japanese of this century. Brutal to core. Did you see Pokomos Hacking babies by slicing their necks like they were Lab mice

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 06:58:01 PM »
The AU has now "acted".   It has issued a stern statement---that the "killings must stop immediately".

Museveni, the EAC's "mediator" has not been there for months but says that, even though busy with election matters, he is "keeping an eye" on the place  through "intelligence briefs".   As his minister for international affairs explains:

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Uganda-says-Museveni-keeping-an-eye-on-Burundi/-/2558/2995152/-/lxfi9qz/-/index.html

(Even a day or two?)

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »
The AU has now "acted".   It has issued a stern statement---that the "killings must stop immediately".

Museveni, the EAC's "mediator" has not been there for months but says that, even though busy with election matters, he is "keeping an eye" on the place  through "intelligence briefs".   As his minister for international affairs explains:

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Uganda-says-Museveni-keeping-an-eye-on-Burundi/-/2558/2995152/-/lxfi9qz/-/index.html

(Even a day or two?)
There is also an East African Standby Force http://www.easfcom.org/index.php/en/.  Going above and beyond the call of duty to stand by.

Yesterday I was looking more closely at Burundi, and learned about Sindumuja.  That might be a name to closely monitor.  They are supposedly Rwandan backed rebels.  Mostly made up of Tutsis. 

The killings going on in Burundi are apparently targetting Tutsis(assumed to be sympathetic to sindumuja) and moderate Hutus(those showing little enthusiasm for the regime).  It is not yet an open government policy.  But apparently this is what is happening.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 08:48:33 PM »
There is also an East African Standby Force http://www.easfcom.org/index.php/en/.  Going above and beyond the call of duty to stand by.

EASF?       Really?   

An article hot off the press of the Daily Nation informs us that:

Council chaired by Equatorial Guinea was discussing plans made for the East African Standby Force for deployment to Bujumbura should the situation worsen.
The standby Force is composed of including military, police and civilian, on standby in their countries of origin and ready for rapid deployment and was meant to respond swiftly to a crisis.
However, it would be the first time the EASF would be sending troops to a member country.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/We-wont-allow-a-genocide-in-Burundi/-/1056/3000776/-/bu1xlk/-/index.html

Sounds good.   Very good.   

We are then informed, in the very same article, that:

Currently, the Force is technically an organisation of military experts rather than a grouping of soldiers.

But we should perhaps remain optimistic because the EASF has seen deployment in the past.   A Wikipedia entry informs us that:

From 2012 to 2013, EASF deployed fourteen officers in a one-year mission as part of a technical team that supported the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 08:13:07 AM »
Oooh the amazing African is emerging ..stsndy by force of 2 soldiers and a mzungu donor..windy kagame is a gineering some of the rebel attacks from his save haven in Kigali.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »
AU has deployed 5,000 peace keepers. That is great.