Author Topic: To go or not to go...  (Read 1779 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
To go or not to go...
« on: July 14, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »
http://securityexpo.com.au/

I just want a cheap deal.

Most of these chaps have never even installed a security camera in their life and aren't even licensed. We've installed thousands and have been looking for a trade partner from China to goodness knows and they all charge a fortune when it comes to security cameras. Like $412 at least even made in China for a plain dome type. Not much difference ordering bulk. I spent months researching for the cheapest quality stock. Too hard. We lose too much money from installing security supplies it shits me.

I'm curious whether any of these wankers can offer cheap. I'm hoping there's a blackmarket seller you don't find online.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: To go or not to go...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »
I've decided to attend because some of those vendors are coming from China. Maybe in person they can offer me a black market deal.

I'm also curious of new stuff. It seems to be the same shit the past decade like cancer drugs so I'm not anticipating much. There's this large gap between inventions and commercial markets. A lot of cool stuff don't make it. If I had heavy machinery I'd replicate odd but cool inventions and ignore the mass demand.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 05:32:04 PM »
I've decided to attend because some of those vendors are coming from China. Maybe in person they can offer me a black market deal.

I'm also curious of new stuff. It seems to be the same shit the past decade like cancer drugs so I'm not anticipating much. There's this large gap between inventions and commercial markets. A lot of cool stuff don't make it. If I had heavy machinery I'd replicate odd but cool inventions and ignore the mass demand.
Why doesn't the cool stuff make it to the market right away?  Is it lack of demand or do they cost more to make?  Do they have to build new factories or modify equipment to manufacture them?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 12:31:48 AM »
All of that I presume.  I'll ask the vendors when I get there. At the airport now.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 06:25:45 PM »
I'm exhausted! It felt like a biashara with me screaming the loudest for a bargain. Not that much different to shopping.

Termy I must show you some cool stuff I encountered. I only managed to view half the exhibit because I spent some hours on my executive lunch break and then flew back to Sydney.

These guys were IT. When did security become an IT field ? What's the point of having security when it's all accessible over the net?

Most of the chaps I spoke to seem to have no clue about actually installing real security cameras like CCTVs. What they said didn't make sense so by and large they were distributors and manufacturers who didn't hold a security licence or know much about surveillance laws, regulation, and the industrial field in practice.

Most of our clients are Arabs hence the resorts and oil rigs. The others are the Italian mafia who don't trust anyone but us to install security. But talking to most of these vendors you'd think we were discussing how to install an xbox and the beauty being you can track everything over the internet. I didn't tell those guys about our clients. If I told our clients what they told me I'd be shot.

The world outside the IT security world is extremely tough. These are real security threats.