Author Topic: Solid legacy for Uhuru if he can pull this 1hr train  (Read 1178 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Solid legacy for Uhuru if he can pull this 1hr train
« on: September 12, 2020, 04:19:13 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=37&v=1Tui2jk1yjk&feature=emb_logo

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Solid legacy for Uhuru if he can pull this 1hr train
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 12:59:51 AM »
I told you legacy is monohorned beast in multiparty democracy. Only Kagame, M7 or such 30yr despots can have legacy. In another generation noone will remember Kibaki superhighway let alone FPE or bypass. Trump first executive order was to reverse Obama legacy- DACA, TPP, climate, medicare, Iran, name it. Biden equally will write off Trump. Only Lincoln civil war or Churchill ww2 or Mandela apartheid  record remain for years. If you want to be in history book create something useful like elec or mortar or bearing - or take us to Mars. Better still fix covid. Appropriating public revenues as mandated into road or rail won't cut for a miracle.

The obsession with legacy is a teething issue in infant democracy.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Solid legacy for Uhuru if he can pull this 1hr train
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 02:06:25 AM »
I told you legacy is monohorned beast in multiparty democracy. Only Kagame, M7 or such 30yr despots can have legacy. In another generation noone will remember Kibaki superhighway let alone FPE or bypass. Trump first executive order was to reverse Obama legacy- DACA, TPP, climate, medicare, Iran, name it. Biden equally will write off Trump. Only Lincoln civil war or Churchill ww2 or Mandela apartheid  record remain for years. If you want to be in history book create something useful like elec or mortar or bearing - or take us to Mars. Better still fix covid. Appropriating public revenues as mandated into road or rail won't cut for a miracle.

The obsession with legacy is a teething issue in infant democracy.
Gosh Robina, your post is BRUTAL and on point. Our neighbors to the South, save for Mwalimu Nyerere all the other Presidents have done just 10 years and for that obvious reason only Nyerere's legacy endures. With all the headlines the (gentle) dictator makes. Magufuli too will just be a footnote once he signs off after the 2nd rigged term he awards himself...