Author Topic: Saudi Oil Attack  (Read 8011 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Saudi Oil Attack
« on: September 16, 2019, 06:23:41 PM »
Saudi Arabia's military budget is the third largest in the world, only behind the US and China.  And they are still getting hammered like this by rebels from across the border. 

Is this level of incompetence common among Arabs?

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Saudi Oil Attack
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:26:54 PM »
bitmask - yes, save for the natural oil & gas stashes, most of the Arabs are more hopeless than Africa. I believe their cultures and the religion of peace plays a big role in entrenching and sustaining the backwardness and dismal progress. I watched a video of the war in Yemen sometime - it was a comedy. The Saudis have these top-notch war machines from the US - yet the Houthis are at Boko Haram or Al Shaabab level technologically. The latter wear akalas and non-uniform fatigues to match. Despite this, the Houthis run circles around the Saudi army. A fighter emerges from the bush, runs to a moving tank, tosses a grenade into the cabin and retreats to the bush. Poof! the idiots don't even attempt to rescue themselves let alone repulse the fighters! The Saudi airforce is a separate joke altogether. The jokers have no abilities whatsoever to do targeted attacks on the Houthis. Instead the F22s or F-whatevers spit bombs indiscriminately at hospitals, centers and civilian facilities. The Iranians are way more competent in warfare. We saw them decapitate and uproot the Daesh from Falluja and Mosul within months as soon as the marines paved way. If only the Western navies did not man the waters to deny them a supply route Saudi Arabia would have been long routed out of Yemen.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 07:38:51 PM »
If you want to know how backward the Arabs are just look at the buffoonery of MBS - the crown prince and "Minister of Everything" in the kingdom. He is supposed to bring reforms and transformational youth as the gasoline life machine wanes. Yet orders the brazen slaughter of a top US journalist. Apparently the threat posed by some faraway independent thinker tramps all sense. RSA is yet to recover from the fallout.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 11:50:50 AM »
Iran need nucular
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 01:57:02 PM »
They also need to tone down anti-isreal sentiments.
Iran need nucular

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 03:36:46 PM »
Yeah the anti-Israeli tirades put them on the wrong radar of the imperialists. But the US really wedges Sunni vs Shiite to milk the war market.

Iran need nucular

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »
Yeah the anti-Israeli tirades put them on the wrong radar of the imperialists. But the US really wedges Sunni vs Shiite to milk the war market.

Iran need nucular
How does the average Saudi fare??
These bufoons have gold plated cars and all the glittering mansions.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 04:28:25 PM »

Iran need nucular
How does the average Saudi fare??
These bufoons have gold plated cars and all the glittering mansions.

Oil & gas - that's it. Free easy cash.Qatar has invested in Teslas and Softbanks all over. RSA still has 90%+ oil revenue. Aramco is a really obese pig. Saudi is a welfare state and the working class is wholly foreign. That tells you all about the average citizen.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 05:33:07 PM »

Iran need nucular

When it comes to the Trump admin, I think the usual assumptions of imperialism don't apply.  The risk of war is still there, but it could simply come down to corruption.  A devil's deal with MBS where Trump must do his bidding.  In that scenario, it may not matter how Iran behaves.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 05:51:30 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 10:16:23 PM »
Iranians are not Arabs. They are Persians. They should mind their business like Turkey does - and they will go far. Both have nearly 80M people but Turkey is twice richer & more progressive. And yet Iran has lots of oil and gas.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 10:22:55 PM »
Iranians are not Arabs. They are Persians. They should mind their business like Turkey does - and they will go far. Both have nearly 80M people but Turkey is twice richer & more progressive. And yet Iran has lots of oil and gas.

Arabs, Persians...difference without distinction. Iran would be further than Turkey but for sanctions ever since the Revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 10:29:01 PM »
Yes  they are attracting sanctions because the religious nutcase heading it -the supreme leader Ayatollah Khomeini- is out there fomenting religious trouble and sponsoring terrorist including all the way in Isreal. Meanwhile Turkey are protecting their secularism and prospering.
Arabs, Persians...difference without distinction. Iran would be further than Turkey but for sanctions ever since the Revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 12:08:21 AM »
Pundit has a point. BUT - in caps - it's not that simple. The US particularly ferments and milks the Sunni-Shiite standoff. They supply the bulk of the military hardware and other tech to the kingdom. Iran is a great scarecrow.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 04:29:49 AM »
How much oil reserves does rsa have? I think pundit has a point. Iran should start modearring her politics. However a solutioj on Israel current occupation needs to be found ..israel is the cause of most of chaos in the region

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 06:04:24 AM »
Yes  they are attracting sanctions because the religious nutcase heading it -the supreme leader Ayatollah Khomeini- is out there fomenting religious trouble and sponsoring terrorist including all the way in Isreal. Meanwhile Turkey are protecting their secularism and prospering.

BS.

Saudis have been the largest exporters of religious extremism in the world. Iran just supports millitants in Palestine,Lebanon and Yemen. Quite a limited scope.  Saudis gave us Osama,911 etc.

US has maintained diplomatic relationships with Saudis for over 70 years and not even terrorism is about to shake that. I hear it has to do with oil and dollars. Saudis contributed and still do in making USD the largest reserve currency. That is what keeps the US going so they gladly look the other way

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 06:06:46 AM »
How much oil reserves does rsa have? I think pundit has a point. Iran should start modearring her politics. However a solutioj on Israel current occupation needs to be found ..israel is the cause of most of chaos in the region

Israel was illegally birthed on stolen Arab lands. There can only be peace when Israel ceases to exist

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 08:08:06 AM »
That is extreme. Isrealis have an historical claim to the land and after Nazis attempt to exterminate them they have solid claim to Isreal. Both Isreal and Palestine should co-exist like they did before. Jerusaleem should be split into two. The country should also be split into two.  Iran has no business in there...just like Isrealis need to stop the continued land grab and settle on borders with Palestine.

Only extremist Arabs do not want Isreal. The Arab Jews exist in nearly every Arab country. Every Arab knows Isreali have historical claim to part of Isreal just like Palestine also have a claim. The issues is how to resolve boundaries..esp Jerusalem.

Heck the Arab is closer to the Jews (semite cousins with Ethiopians) than Iranians (closer to afganis/turkish/even european).

Israel was illegally birthed on stolen Arab lands. There can only be peace when Israel ceases to exist

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 08:11:50 AM »
The world is not fair. Get used to it. Why would Iran court war with powerful nations like US. They should have studied their neighbours China for example. Play smart, bid your time and when you have the nukes & muscle to take on the bully...then stand your ground.

Iran will not get anywhere soon with powerful enemies like US, Isreal and the West Europe.

She needs to copy Turkey - and focus on what is important - the economic emancipation of their people.

BS.

Saudis have been the largest exporters of religious extremism in the world. Iran just supports millitants in Palestine,Lebanon and Yemen. Quite a limited scope.  Saudis gave us Osama,911 etc.

US has maintained diplomatic relationships with Saudis for over 70 years and not even terrorism is about to shake that. I hear it has to do with oil and dollars. Saudis contributed and still do in making USD the largest reserve currency. That is what keeps the US going so they gladly look the other way

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2019, 12:34:44 PM »
I'm with vooke on this one all the way (except 4 the part about Israel ceasing to exist). The exporter of terrorism in the world is RSA. They are responsible for 90% plus of what we call modern Islamic terrorism. The Iranians are not doing anything different than what African countries did to support the ANC and their violent counterparts during apartheid. They are supporting freedom-fighters, not terrorists. Israel not only was built on stolen Arab lands (we can 4give that), it continues to the present day to steal land. That's what irks me. They are modern colonists from a bygone era. The Saudis are busy committing mass murder in Yemen, they are the worst country on earth after N.Korea, IMO.