Author Topic: It’s time to restructure the presidency, it’s the cause of our problems By RAO  (Read 15540 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
What a nosebleed.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Kichwa's a really devoted Raila worshipper..  enough to rival Pundit's worship of Ruto.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Why are you name calling. Why does my support for Raila or Pundit's support for Ruto be reduced to worshipping as if we do not know GOD. Stop acting like you know it all when you are all over the place.

Kichwa's a really devoted Raila worshipper..  enough to rival Pundit's worship of Ruto.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
You invented the bashing here for praising Ruto. Just because you're now the worshipper will not make us drop the matter.

Why are you name calling. Why does my support for Raila or Pundit's support for Ruto be reduced to worshipping as if we do not know GOD. Stop acting like you know it all when you are all over the place.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Stop being petty-what do you really think you achieve by calling me a worshipper-do not turn this into dot.com.  Everybody can haul insults. discuss the merits.

You invented the bashing here for praising Ruto. Just because you're now the worshipper will not make us drop the matter.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
You told us Uhuru is a lazy drunkard and a crack addict, that he and Ruto do nothing but loot. Raila would cleanse out the mess. Today you are okay with all that because your hero Raila joined the party. That's all good but at least spare us the reform line it's too cheap... cos this is not dotcom.

This is all about stopping Ruto with the motorcade as a bonus.

Stop being petty-what do you really think you achieve by calling me a worshipper-do not turn this into dot.com.  Everybody can haul insults. discuss the merits.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Kichwa Raila's "inclusion" strategy is very smart and will likely derail Ruto. Smart move. I'm just not fooled by the packaging.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yeah that is all there is here - the problem nobody trust raila - I think ceremonial PM (elevated Duale - Majority Leader) is okay - as long as he can be fired by PORK - we need somebody in executive who can sit in parliament and answer questions - right now Duale has to do it informally.

Whoever will wield executive authority has to be elected by universal suffrage; That I think is not negotiable. Kenyans won't accept a bunch of MPigs to elect executive PORK or PM.

Kichwa Raila's "inclusion" strategy is very smart and will likely derail Ruto. Smart move. I'm just not fooled by the packaging.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Ouru is still all that. Raila is a former PM who was denied his retirement package because of politics.  Moi and Kibaki are getting their security and pension from the government.  Since the handshake Raila's security has been restored.  I do not know if the arrears his pension has been given to him.  Why is this corruption and not Moi's and Kibaki's.  Raila's supporters pay taxes too.  The argument that Raila should be cleaner than the other side is silly.

You told us Uhuru is a lazy drunkard and a crack addict, that he and Ruto do nothing but loot. Raila would cleanse out the mess. Today you are okay with all that because your hero Raila joined the party. That's all good but at least spare us the reform line it's too cheap... cos this is not dotcom.

This is all about stopping Ruto with the motorcade as a bonus.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma

How can you talk about universal suffrage if you cannot even open the server. Universal suffrage without free and fair elections does not mean anything.

Yeah that is all there is here - the problem nobody trust raila - I think ceremonial PM (elevated Duale - Majority Leader) is okay - as long as he can be fired by PORK - we need somebody in executive who can sit in parliament and answer questions - right now Duale has to do it informally.

Whoever will wield executive authority has to be elected by universal suffrage; That I think is not negotiable. Kenyans won't accept a bunch of MPigs to elect executive PORK or PM.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Which servers are shut. 2018 August presidential election was invalidated but back ups of ballot/servers/etc are being securely kept for next 3yrs as law requires. You can always petition the court to order IEBC to open any of them including ballot boxes. Of course a new election was held and UhuRuto won by 98%.

Our elections are certainly become more freer and fairer. Besides parliamentary race mirrors presidential election. Jubilee would still have elected Duale as the PM.

How can you talk about universal suffrage if you cannot even open the server. Universal suffrage without free and fair elections does not mean anything.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Yeah that's the part the "inclusion" crew doesn't get. Duale et al would be PM and DPM in an all-inclusive Jubilee. ODM would still be in the opposition. Unless they mean the loser becomes the PM... ODM is pushing to restore the old constitution which was a parliamentary system with MPs as Ministers and shadow cabinet.

Which servers are shut. 2018 August presidential election was invalidated but back ups of ballot/servers/etc are being securely kept for next 3yrs as law requires. You can always petition the court to order IEBC to open any of them including ballot boxes. Of course a new election was held and UhuRuto won by 98%.

Our elections are certainly become more freer and fairer. Besides parliamentary race mirrors presidential election. Jubilee would still have elected Duale as the PM.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Until there is substantive law enforcement in Kenya, she will remain where she is. Progress will be elusive. the Political class will continue to muzzle every dissent to their benefit while Everyone else gets crumbs.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Kizungu mingi for nothing, just open the damn server.  You know what I am talking about.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Kichwa, given the present parliamentary numbers how would an inclusive executive - PM/DPM - stop ODM from wallowing in the backbench. Uhuruto would just have more carrots to drain Raila team. Since even Raila acknowledges in the op-ed you shared that MP election was legit. There is no arrangement to include the opposition in government without introducing a sham democracy. Absconding checks and accountability role of parliament.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
That's true and that is why the water must be muddied so that it is hard to define government and opposition. I think Raila should demand the position of chief minister as payment of his contribution to the peace dividend. The electoral cheating and the tones of corruption money running around has created an atmosphere where the western style democratic system cannot work.  I think Kenya has to reach a rock bottom before people can sit at the table and talk about future. However, so long as the likes of Ruto still have tones of money to buy people, you cannot have serious talks about the future of this country. Hopefully between now and 2022 things happen that will make people pause and think clearly. 

Until there is substantive law enforcement in Kenya, she will remain where she is. Progress will be elusive. the Political class will continue to muzzle every dissent to their benefit while Everyone else gets crumbs.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch

Yep.  Universal suffrage is history in Kenya.  Probably has been since 2002.  The August sham made me realize that even 2013 was also likely stolen.  Of course they won in the boycotted October elections and had no problem sharing unrequested server information because it did not contradict the outcome.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yeah I know what you're talking - you're are talking about NASA infamous lame attempt to blame computers for their whooping last election. That we get. Of course the computers will have to wait a little longer when they can match human intelligence to come and defend themselves. Poor server!
Kizungu mingi for nothing, just open the damn server.  You know what I am talking about.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Lame attempt to re-write history. The only election that didn't reflect the will of the people was 2007. The rest been pretty high standard. We are talking word-class most expensive election with all gadgets - biometrics-, key-in data, scanned forms, thousands of agents, thousands of observers, public keeping an keen eye and very competitive elections featuring thousands of opponents - all eye-balling each other to the very last minute.The servers were not ran by river-road company - but French Gov owned Safran Morpho. That got to count for something and we paid big bucks for that.

There is nothing wrong with our elections. In act if NASA were asked what needed to be improved...they will have nothing to say...all corners all covered. 

What we have here is sore losers like those hillary clinton folks who are still blaming rusia after being beaten by trump.

There is no need to invest more in our electoral process- it already damn expensive and we'll get marginal gains. Those who can't hack our tribal politics...will simply become history as they blame servers.

Yep.  Universal suffrage is history in Kenya.  Probably has been since 2002.  The August sham made me realize that even 2013 was also likely stolen.  Of course they won in the boycotted October elections and had no problem sharing unrequested server information because it did not contradict the outcome.