Author Topic: Chiloba Whines About Leave Of Absence  (Read 985 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Chiloba Whines About Leave Of Absence
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:30:21 PM »
Among the procurements related to the ICT component of the election was a Sh2.4 billion tender to Safran Morpho for the modification of the
Kenya Integrated Election Management System kits for the repeat presidential election on October 26.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Chebukati-s-decision-unfair--says-Ezra-Chiloba/1056-4381304-ldiwn/index.html

That is 23 million USD. to reset KIEMS kit.  Something that in all likelihood takes one shell script.  Chiloba and crew should go to prison.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Chiloba Whines About Leave Of Absence
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:52:03 PM »
Unfortunately for poor Kenyans Chirobber will never see the inside of Kamiti. Most likely he has joined the club of multimillionaires and he will live to enjoy the fruits of his hard work forever after.

That is 23 million USD. to reset KIEMS kit.  Something that in all likelihood takes one shell script.  Chiloba and crew should go to prison.

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »
Unfortunately for poor Kenyans Chirobber will never see the inside of Kamiti. Most likely he has joined the club of multimillionaires and he will live to enjoy the fruits of his hard work forever after.

Wanjiku loves taking it hard and dry.  More likely he is ripe for governor or some other plum post.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 06:44:23 PM »
2.4B to modify - that is crazy.

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 07:00:12 PM »
2.4B to modify - that is crazy.

Yep.  Basically reset the damn things.  I doubt anything was needed other than to run some software.  There needs to be a guideline for the government about software and services procurement.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 07:03:34 PM »
Yes it carte blanche and avenue for big graft - that really is ridiculous!! I think the so called ICT Authority can come with guidelines of what to charge for what...with min and max ceiling.
Yep.  Basically reset the damn things.  I doubt anything was needed other than to run some software.  There needs to be a guideline for the government about software and services procurement.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 03:38:08 PM »
The new robbers in town are not supplying physical items but have relagated to ICT services which cannot be monitored by govt authorities. ICT services are the new avenue to become multimillionaire in town.

Yes it carte blanche and avenue for big graft - that really is ridiculous!! I think the so called ICT Authority can come with guidelines of what to charge for what...with min and max ceiling.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
The new robbers in town are not supplying physical items but have relagated to ICT services which cannot be monitored by govt authorities. ICT services are the new avenue to become multimillionaire in town.

It's a pretty coin.  I am not aware of any contracts running in the US where you can walk away with anything remotely approaching 23 million USD for a task that costs virtually nothing. 

For perspective here is a 31 million USD contract Raytheon got from the US government for the production of precision projectiles http://investor.raytheon.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=84193&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2139818.  Bear in mind that defence contracts are usually the most lucrative.  Wanjiku is being robbed blind.

I am gathering that this Chiloba dude also pushed some of these gadgets to the Burundi farce.  I cannot see any justification for 23 million USD a task that even by IEBC's admission could not have taken more than a few weeks.

Harriet Tubman