Author Topic: Njuri Ncheke,How much are tea,Milk,coffee and macadamia farmers getting?  (Read 637 times)

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
Before Uhuru and after Uhuru?

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Milk is stabilising around 50 per litre. With fodder and silage abundant, dairy farmers will rejoice before market forces come into play.

The wild bushes relying on exports are done as the dollar terror on cost of living shakes customers in Europe, Pakistan and likes. On the bright side, a little exports will fetch more shillings.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Tea is slowly recovering - around 28-30 at lowest from 22-24 a year ago - if sold to private factories - maybe 40 if sold to KTDA in West of Rift. East of Rift should be higher.

Still some years from when it was 50-80shs - now it 30-60 hapo.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Before Uhuru and after Uhuru?
Prices for cereals have all gone up like maize beans etc actually farmers are super happy,here Ruto is succeeding if prices don't go down, for milk as said they have stabilized macadamia problem is with brokers mainly chinese but I don't know current situation.
The plan for Ruto is to make agriculture back to the mainstream where ist able to support families like education among others, you will be surprised in rural areas Ruto has very fanatical support,its in towns where Ruto is failing.
But think about it this way with high food prices farming becomes lucrative!

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Macadamia trading at 100-120 after lifting of the nonsensical export ban.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution