Author Topic: Bedlam, Pillage in Kapedo Following kamwana's Ultimatum  (Read 7451 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Bedlam, Pillage in Kapedo Following kamwana's Ultimatum
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:00:27 PM »

KDF has moved into the zone.  Burning houses.  Harassing women and children.

You cannot touch security, says the sous chef.

The police is in charge, says the sieke commander.

kamwana promised chaos.  He is delivering.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Bedlam, Pillage in Kapedo Following kamwana's Ultimatum
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:05:03 PM »
KDF has always been a grave danger to the welfare of Kenyans, with Mt. Elgon and Wagalla as exemplary reminders.     The best place for the soldiers is a place like Somali, where they can devote themselves to running illegal businesses.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 07:48:22 AM »
Why are they burning houses?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:12:37 AM »
Moi told the two criminals to beware..... "ICC iko kila mahali!".  Our amigos will find themselves in a proper tricky place.

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
KDF has always been a grave danger to the welfare of Kenyans, with Mt. Elgon and Wagalla as exemplary reminders.     The best place for the soldiers is a place like Somali, where they can devote themselves to running illegal businesses.

I think Mt. Elgon is the template they have decided to use to send a message to Pokots.  Collective punishment.  For killing police officers. 

If you are a Pokot and a crime like that happens, you are assumed to be fair game.

The underlying problem remains of little concern.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa Mbaya

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »
After Westgate and Mpeketoni one would think that there was a SWAT team ready to respond and reach any part of the country within hours.  The AP's begged for help using their own cell phones for 33 hours.  Instead of sending law enforcement they send KDF who have no idea who the criminals are and are busy violating the civil rights of innocent citizens, detaining them without cause, destroying their property, torturing them for information, sexually abusing women, and inflicting emotional and physical harm on citizens with total disregard to their civil and human rights.  A woman was asked which tribe she belonged to and when she replied she was a Kenyan, they asked her to lie down for punishment and humiliation.  Why was her tribe important unless certain tribes were being targeted for collective punishment.  Red Cross is known to follow national disasters, civil and foreign wars. In Kenya, Red Cross follows law enforcement operations.  All this is because ouru has to save face. How dare these people make him look bad and interrupt the eating. Its called shoot first and aim later.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »
This is what I had in mind. Rustling is a community affair
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »
To a large extend that is true. I can understand the frustration of security officers dealing with community sanctioned crime.Pokot definitely need lots of force to modernize. Lots of consistent force.
This is what I had in mind. Rustling is a community affair

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 12:06:32 PM »
To a large extend that is true. I can understand the frustration of security officers dealing with community sanctioned crime.Pokot definitely need lots of force to modernize. Lots of consistent force.

GOK has the resources and wherewithal to direct the force at the individuals involved in killing cops and rustling
There can be no excuse or justification for the collective punishment and outright civil rights violations currently
in progress in Baringo.

Most fools don't understand that it means that if it can be done to pokots, it can be done to them.
it actually has to be done to them for them to turn against such actions by a criminal government

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 12:46:17 PM »
In theory yes..but in reality..without any real intelligence on the ground...that is not gonna work. Therefore some form of brute force is needed here. Pokots as a community have to come out, out the bad apples and codemn the bandits. They have to go to police and rat out the bad guys. Of course that is only possible if turkana, samburus, karamoja and others were to similarly do so.Pokot cannot rat out their only source of security.I hope KDF can apply brute force in the whole of northern kenya.
GOK has the resources and wherewithal to direct the force at the individuals involved in killing cops and rustling
There can be no excuse or justification for the collective punishment and outright civil rights violations currently
in progress in Baringo.

Most fools don't understand that it means that if it can be done to pokots, it can be done to them.
it actually has to be done to them for them to turn against such actions by a criminal government

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 05:08:53 PM »

In theory yes..but in reality..without any real intelligence on the ground...that is not gonna work. Therefore some form of brute force is needed here. Pokots as a community have to come out, out the bad apples and codemn the bandits. They have to go to police and rat out the bad guys. Of course that is only possible if turkana, samburus, karamoja and others were to similarly do so.Pokot cannot rat out their only source of security.I hope KDF can apply brute force in the whole of northern kenya.
in progress in Baringo.

The puzzle for me is why they would need to use brute force, after the fact.  Those cops were slaughtered having begged for all manner of help over 30 hours. 

Retribution for the heck of it will make the security forces feel good about themselves.  How it solves the underlying problem is not clear.  Imagine cops walking into your mother's home and burning it down  if they are not given some information.  What if the person really does not know?

Is this even the first time wananchi in those parts have been brutalized?

The Pokots, Turkanas and the rest are not any different from Luhyas, Kikuyus, Luos etc a century ago.  The way to end that lifestyle is to bring them into the mainstream.  Schools, infrastructure, sports etc. 

Shooting a few Negros and letting the rest vanish into the bush wont do it.  To them, it is just a severe test of their manhood.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »
Moi tried this sort of criminal abuse, for the similar reasons, and it did not work.   Apparently few lessons have been learned.

"In 1984 to 1986 the Kenyan government sent a punitive military operation into the Pokot district, purportedly to seize illegal firearms. During the operation thousands of Pokot livestock were confiscated by the government while others died due to drought or lack of proper attention while in the hands of the security forces. The Pokot have never forgiven the government for this callous act against them and their livestock."

http://oguda.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/cattle-rustling-and-banditry-in-kenya-what-you-need-to-know/

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
KDF is a thug force. Look at what they did at the mall. THey looted left and right. Pokots need to bring a class action suit against the Ouru govt. Leave these people alone. Build roads and schools, that will take care of the backwardness.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 09:09:52 PM »
While i support kdf and kenya security attempt to bring peace in pokot; like moonki has said; pokots are one of toughest nuts to crack; moi did operation nearly every year and failed; mzungu failed and declare it a closed districts;

The issue is complex..pokot will not give up when that makes them vulnereable...it has to be coordinated operation in many countries..uganda,kenya,south sudan,ethiopia and somalia,.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 02:54:46 AM »
I have always said only a few Kenya police are not criminals. It extends to the army.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 09:13:13 PM »
looks like the solution is to port all the livestock in North Rift to Nairobi we feast on it for christmas; or starve them like Nkaiserry did ... bullets wont work unless they are shooting the cows and goats
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution