Author Topic: I'm reading bla and bla about Elsevier.. so boring  (Read 2914 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
I'm reading bla and bla about Elsevier.. so boring
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:31:17 AM »
http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/31704/title/Occupy-Elsevier-/

The boycott, Clark added, largely boils down to academic authors failing to understand how the business side of Elsevier works. "I think people are misunderstanding, but I think part of the fault in that is ours," he said. "I look at the current situation, and we just need to do a better job of communicating about who we are, what we want to achieve, and how we value access and dissemination."

Failing to understand my effing foot. In the business world, you attract customers at competitive prices, you are the best because the customer is always right. The problem is rooted in the fact academics are frugal, stingy beggers who drive the same shatty bomb for 3 decades, quietly suffering in silence for fear a mice might eat their pathetic little cheese. If real business people saw how Elsevier treated customers they'd mount those effing douches in litigation on behalf of customers.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Re: I'm reading bla and bla about Elsevier.. so boring
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »
Veri, You have three threads about this website Elsvier....why are you so mad with them. I am a member courtesy of my affiliation to the local campus and I am there often retrieving journals for my work. Matter of fact its the it website when it comes to anything healthcare in the US and and other parts of the world. Trying to take them down is an impossible task...if it was, it would have been down long time ago.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »
There's been a massive snub in the med world on Elsevir i.e the Lancet included. The quality of their articles the last couple years has dwindled. I was checking out their medical reviews and was shocked to read very poorly conducted meta-analysis and quantitative analyses in other articles. Flashy pics, lots of rubbish talk, very high bias with 50 or so authors. RIDICULOUS. Cochrane group is an example of boycott.

No, I don't read their articles. You should stop too.

Elsevier, is a dutch publishing business. It rides on MEDIA coattails. All it would take is one day of boycotting ALL their products to see their shares plummet and BOOM bankrupcy. Not easy to kill a media group but easily done with enough politicians and other competitors.

Their internal structures are filthy corrupt. Businesses losing sight of customers deserve to die. They're also NAZIs. They support fascist political policies, condemn Jews, and publish false results by Big Pharma.

We have a responsibility for the next generation. I don't want my kid to read their fascist trash, nor emulate on research fraud practices. Those guys are frauds. I can expose every article they edit, and tell you why they selected for what fascist agenda. With time they will be exposed.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:34:53 PM »
 :) While I do not know there inner workings of Elsvier as a company, I can attest to the fact that they are affiliated with majority of authors who publish books and journals used in most universities, and I mean some of the most prestigious universities you can think of........ matter of fact in one of my classes I have video demontstrations lifted up in whole from the website....but of course I havent published anything myself and wouldnt know the nitty gritty that goes with it...but interesting points....will look more into it.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »
As a pledge to my boycott:

1. Will never read anything by Elsevier.
2. Will never cite anything by Elsevier.

Life is too short to be filled with corruption. I'd rather unpolished honesty, no peer review, no 50 authors, good honest research to the researcher's best attempts, no matter how flawed. That's what communities are for, to correct and help each other. Not demand change this and that so in the end articles sound like reviewers and editors.

Einstein, my gosh, did he collaborate with 50 authors to write poor articles?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientific_publications_by_Albert_Einstein

Too many researchers are mere managers and can't do research. Then you have 50 authors tagged to one ghost writer. It's effing ridiculous. No wonder science is filled with all side shat and corruption.

Who would ever publish Einstein's work today? No doubt just repositories. Who would he nominate as peer reviewers? What editor would go yep this can reach out to a wider audience.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 05:00:49 PM »
:) While I do not know there inner workings of Elsvier as a company, I can attest to the fact that they are affiliated with majority of authors who publish books and journals used in most universities, and I mean some of the most prestigious universities you can think of........ matter of fact in one of my classes I have video demontstrations lifted up in whole from the website....but of course I havent published anything myself and wouldnt know the nitty gritty that goes with it...but interesting points....will look more into it.

The NAZIs experimented on Jews and their work lifted up surgical insights. Would you support that? I don't need their insight. I'll take my chances with integrity, even if it hurts my insight. There's enough trash in the world as a consequence of past woes, without ElsiNAZIs polluting future insights. Now, they're covering up NAZI experiments Big Pharma and eventually false vaccines and drugs are sold to us. The whole world has become a NAZI experiment because of Elsevier, who should be mentors to other journals, and leading the way on how knowledge should be treated. With respect, integrity, morality, godliness.

They're evil.