Author Topic: Sad story - of unbridled ambition - Alliance High  (Read 1186 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Sad story - of unbridled ambition - Alliance High
« on: March 20, 2022, 06:05:25 PM »
This busherian like most busherian had big dreams - and they crushed - crushing him. Reminded me a classmate from Bush - who similarly was very ambitious - and when his dream felt apart - he committed suicide through carbon monoxide poisoning.

There is something that Alliance High School does to Kids that raises their expectation in life. It's must be indoctrination of being shown all these successfully people - and of being expected to be nothing but great success. Of being told how exceptional you're and that failure is not a option.

We need to teach kids that failure is part of life.

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/tragic-end-budding-real-estate-investor-dared-dream-big-3754038

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Sad story - of unbridled ambition - Alliance High
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 11:25:10 AM »
It is folly to buy the bullshit peddled by government officials who have never run genuine business ventures about entrepreneurship. This has become quite damaging. Ati he deliberately failed himself in KCSE, while those government officials kids are buying leakages!! Moronic!!

Then goes on to ignore old age knowledge and is deluded by celebrity status.

In his celebrity folly he was shafted by his partners - Kahara (granny) sold the steep slope land knowingly.

He was no investor, just an excited gambler who defied experts' advice.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 11:58:44 AM »
Seems all the real estate celebs of 2013 are kaput. There was/is no middle class. We needed a 10 year continued Kibaki boom. Here we are.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/lifestyle/reaping-millions-from-real-estate-2031690

Add Dande wash wash.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 12:14:43 PM »
Gachaguas Nephew, Seems its drugs and Drinks which did him in.
I always warn RV and KP to go slow on the bottle.
Atleast RV soberizes within a day or so. KP is on another level whole together he seems to be believing in his own lies thats dangerous.

https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/74101-promising-gachagua-nephew-who-suffered-suicide-while-his-way-billions

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 01:25:25 PM »
I have drank since I was born...I cannot become a drunkard...I always start drinking from 7ish almost everyday...and retire just before midnight.

This guy had high expectation and could not handle failure.

Atleast RV soberizes within a day or so. KP is on another level whole together he seems to be believing in his own lies thats dangerous.

https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/74101-promising-gachagua-nephew-who-suffered-suicide-while-his-way-billions

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 01:44:24 PM »
I don't think it's exclusive to Bush.

I agree about teaching our children that a person is more that his professional or financial success or failure. Ive experienced a few hard knocks in my life as well and if I didn't have a spiritual outlook, they would've finished me. We need to teach children that life is much more than performance and give them all sorts of coping tools for when life just doesn't go as expected. For example, having people who love you through thick abd thin is more important than a big fancy job. If you're going to be forced to go without one, the first will much more punitive a deprivation. No job can substitute for a community.

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 01:48:35 PM »
This is what inexperienced kids do with stolen money...drug zombie and foolish business projects and high loan appetite..a fool and his money must part ways at some point..karume michuki gachagua next will be Kenyatta odinga and Ruto.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 02:05:43 PM »
Precisely. FAMILY is the most important thing.
I don't think it's exclusive to Bush.

I agree about teaching our children that a person is more that his professional or financial success or failure. Ive experienced a few hard knocks in my life as well and if I didn't have a spiritual outlook, they would've finished me. We need to teach children that life is much more than performance and give them all sorts of coping tools for when life just doesn't go as expected. For example, having people who love you through thick abd thin is more important than a big fancy job. If you're going to be forced to go without one, the first will much more punitive a deprivation. No job can substitute for a community.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 06:50:55 PM »

Based on the conversations seems he was mentally Ill and his parents didnt help by pampering him when he was going through that dark phase.
Lucky you are into Beer , If you were into whiskey sooner or later  mental illness would creep in.

I have drank since I was born...I cannot become a drunkard...I always start drinking from 7ish almost everyday...and retire just before midnight.

This guy had high expectation and could not handle failure.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2022, 02:02:09 PM »
There was/is no middle class. We needed a 10 year continued Kibaki boom. Here we are.

I've always maintained that Kenya's real middle class only existed in the 1970's.  What you have today is poor, poorer and poorest.  It's not alliance that destroyed his dreams.  It's the country's crony capitalism that did (very few can make it just because they are "bright" -- you need to join the government and become corrupt). Is this still not known by everyone?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2022, 02:21:05 PM »
There are people who still succeed in Kenya - but generally you need to curb excessive ambition, avoid excessive borrowing and do things kipolepole.
But this guy and wakina Cytonn - we too ambitious - kenya is tough place to do business if you're relying on borrowing from banks.
Our bankstars will kill you.
The moment you have small distress they double down on charges, fines, and all sort of fees that makes repaying a mountain.
Also because the environment is of mistrust - any suspicion of trouble - everyone will run to the hills - so there is really no room for errors.

This guy was killed by reckless ambition.

I've always maintained that Kenya's real middle class only existed in the 1970's.  Wat you have today is poor, poorer and poorest.  It's not alliance that destroyed his dreams.  It's the country's crony capitalism that did (very few can make it just because they are "bright" -- you need to join the government and become corrupt). Is this still not known by everyone?

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2022, 02:28:03 PM »
Which 70s?? JM Kariuki was killed for talking about 10 million poor hasoras.

It is just like the nonsense in Satta Afrika and Zim, where the chorus is that 'they' were better off during apartheid.

Walking around Kenya major towns you can see an expanded middle class which has only been clamped by the non payment of tenders and the corona crazy restrictions.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 05:28:06 PM »
Thanks RVP, I was touched by this post.

Mental illness is a cancer to society and my heart ? goes out to all those in so much pain. I've been in that dark place, that crippling terror, that sense of helplessness, hopelessness, we need more from society to recognise the triggers, to not neglect, and be kind about it.

I feel like this dialogue has been jaded by so much politicking and I wish we could do more for those suffering in so much silence. I don't have the answers but I'm adapting to being "inconvenienced" by reaching out to strangers who look to be struggling.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2022, 09:53:10 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 09:59:50 PM »
Thanks RVP, I was touched by this post.

Mental illness is a cancer to society and my heart ? goes out to all those in so much pain. I've been in that dark place, that crippling terror, that sense of helplessness, hopelessness, we need more from society to recognise the triggers, to not neglect, and be kind about it.

I feel like this dialogue has been jaded by so much politicking and I wish we could do more for those suffering in so much silence. I don't have the answers but I'm adapting to being "inconvenienced" by reaching out to strangers who look to be struggling.
I get veri..after politics we hopefully will do more meaningful debates

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2022, 10:02:54 PM »
Reality in business worldwide is that almost 95 percent of business will fail after 5yrs..1st year take like 70 percent.....by 10 year it's a percent..it's brutal..and failure is always near... people never want to imagine failure.Starting business is one of many ways to die .. employment remain king

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 10:04:12 PM »
The business risk are both internal and external like COVID