Author Topic: Ndii ready to kill brookside  (Read 2374 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Ndii ready to kill brookside
« on: February 14, 2022, 12:42:29 PM »
/photo/3

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Ndii ready to kill brookside
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 12:46:08 PM »
Amul is a state government cooperative under the ownership of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, Ministry of Cooperation of the Government of Gujarat based at Anand in the Indian state of Gujarat.[3] Formed in 1946,[4] it is a cooperative brand managed by a cooperative body, the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), which today is jointly owned by 3.6 million (3.6 million) milk producers in Gujarat, and the apex body of 13 District Milk Unions, spread across 13,000 villages of Gujarat.[5] Amul spurred India's White Revolution, which made the country the world's largest producer of milk and milk products.[6

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 12:48:01 PM »
We need something like India's white revolution. Otherwise Kenyatta will continue to buy milk at 35 shs - remove everything - sell it back at 120shs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flood

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 03:18:17 AM »
Ndii is a dreamer. He is a man providing Simple solution for very complex problems.. Thinking that packaging Kadogo milk in plastic is revolution is nothing. We real hustlers have done it all, We have cooled the milk in Drums filled with water and home made Fridges taken it straignt to the marker and sold it there.. In early kibaki days my bro used to sell over 500 litres in Uhuruma. My neighbor had a cooling plant and was driving his in all nairobi ghettos and selling it in bulk. Then came formalization of that market. Prices at the farm gate rose and made this type of this market  not so profitable. My point is that ndii is just taking this to Far flung areas of central like Nyeri but in Kiambu this a revolution that happened 30 years ago,

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 07:11:58 AM »
Yes what started in kiambu need to be spread nationally..for milk revolution in Kenya.Feeds and value chain growth...we need to allow duty free imports of animal feeds while we grow ours..then remove brookside from monopolizing the market

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 01:48:35 PM »
Even Kiambu needs more 'simple' interventions in cost of feeds; electricity costs; timely payments by supermarkets.

https://www.kbc.co.ke/githunguri-dairy-raises-dividends-as-turnover-grows-to-kshs-8-2b/

Now take the rest of the country where milk has to be trucked from Ruiru to Mombasa, Kilifi!
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 02:01:31 PM »
Precisely. Githunguri model should be replicated nationally. This is low hanging fruit. We need copy what India in their milk revolution.
Even Kiambu needs more 'simple' interventions in cost of feeds; electricity costs; timely payments by supermarkets.

https://www.kbc.co.ke/githunguri-dairy-raises-dividends-as-turnover-grows-to-kshs-8-2b/

Now take the rest of the country where milk has to be trucked from Ruiru to Mombasa, Kilifi!

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 03:12:53 PM »
Yes what started in kiambu need to be spread nationally..for milk revolution in Kenya.Feeds and value chain growth...we need to allow duty free imports of animal feeds while we grow ours..then remove brookside from monopolizing the market
How us brookside monopolizing the market? They have 30% share of the market. They compete on farm gate prices.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 04:03:02 PM »

Read more at: https://www.theelephant.info/op-eds/2018/07/07/crony-capitalism-and-state-capture-the-kenyatta-family-story/

Some farmers in Nyeri have declined to sell their milk to a leading processor despite the dairy firm enticing them with Sh43 per litre of milk.

Farmers said after luring them, the processor reduce the prices drastically leaving them with no option but to offload huge volumes of the produce at low prices.

The farmers said the processor has been duping them and have learnt their lessons, adding that they have decided to stick to their cooperatives that pay Sh37 a litre.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/news/counties/dairy-farmers-accuse-firm-of-duping-them-on-prices-3700784
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 04:07:46 PM »
State capture my foot. How comes the other dairies didn't compete? Ndii wants to recycle poverty not to scale up

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 05:00:15 PM »
Capture of KDB - dairy board - and failure to grow KCC - there is a reason why Kenyattas have bought nearly all dairies except KCC and now Githunguri type small farmers dairy.

The future of the milk industry - is small farmers owning their value chain - not one family collecting and processing more than 50 percent of the processed formal milk.

There are 32 medium and large-sized and 40 small-scale
milk processors in Kenya (interview KDB), which combined handle about 1.5 million litres per day,
despite having a capacity of 3 million litres, leaving 50% of capacity unutilised (MoALFa, undated).

his is
evidenced by the fact that consumer prices remain high despite the lower producer prices.

https://snv.org/assets/explore/download/kmdp_ii_evaluation_report.pdf

State capture my foot. How comes the other dairies didn't compete? Ndii wants to recycle poverty not to scale up

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 05:08:16 PM »
The solution is simple - it's difficult to grow a brand like KCC or Brookside many brands.
The small dairies should package their product in one brand
Like KCC  - with KCC focusing on standardization and quality control of small dairies.
KICC should there after focus on marketting and brand building.
This will eventually should see KCC milk dominating the market; and Brookside contributing 20 percent or less.
The billions gong to kenyatta will be spread all over the country
And the farmers like KTDA has shown will benefit more.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 05:18:35 PM »
Ruto says there is big milk market in Africa - especially Central and West Africa

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 05:27:07 PM »
The solution is simple - it's difficult to grow a brand like KCC or Brookside many brands.
The small dairies should package their product in one brand
Like KCC  - with KCC focusing on standardization and quality control of small dairies.
KICC should there after focus on marketting and brand building.
This will eventually should see KCC milk dominating the market; and Brookside contributing 20 percent or less.
The billions gong to kenyatta will be spread all over the country
And the farmers like KTDA has shown will benefit more.

Brookside still offers the best gate prices. The consolidation of market was necessitated by market forces. Kcc is out the competing it doesn't need ndii hair brained ideas

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2022, 05:27:45 PM »
Ruto says there is big milk market in Africa - especially Central and West Africa
They do not have their own cows?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 05:54:15 PM »
Cows dont do well in central and west africa tsetsefly belt. They import NIDO powdered milk from Nestle and such companies. It's huge market from DRC to Senegal. Danone and Nestle runs it. We would need to go into powdered milk to improve the shelf life of our milk.
They do not have their own cows?

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 04:35:33 PM »
Ndii is a dreamer. He is a man providing Simple solution for very complex problems.. Thinking that packaging Kadogo milk in plastic is revolution is nothing. We real hustlers have done it all, We have cooled the milk in Drums filled with water and home made Fridges taken it straignt to the marker and sold it there.. In early kibaki days my bro used to sell over 500 litres in Uhuruma. My neighbor had a cooling plant and was driving his in all nairobi ghettos and selling it in bulk. Then came formalization of that market. Prices at the farm gate rose and made this type of this market  not so profitable. My point is that ndii is just taking this to Far flung areas of central like Nyeri but in Kiambu this a revolution that happened 30 years ago,
I trust Ndii when it comes to assessing Kenyan economics and coming up with good solutions centred around the good of the common mwananchi. He lost a good chunk of my respect when he allowed himself to insult Luos two years ago, but that's just bitterness with Raila. He feels betrayed by the Handshake. But I find him solid in matters economics. I'm glad Pundit is no longer insulting him like he used to before he became team Ruto  :D But I think Ndii is a plus for Kenya. If we ever implement a meritocracy, we would want to stock policy-bodies with heads like Ndii  :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2022, 04:41:53 PM »
Me and Ruto took time to understand that development and economics are different; Ruto has brought the best out of him; With Raila all I use to hear was doomsday scenario. Now he is talking about better tomorrow. I really hate NEGATIVOS. I like Dr Bitange Ndemo kind of visionary optimistism. My major divergence with Ndii was his forever doomsday prediction.

Kenya need people who can inspire a better tomorrow - who can imagine something different - not tell us daily we are poor, hopeless and going nowhere. That even in my personal life is a no.

We want to have the NARC optimistic we had - investment and economy run on CONFIDENCE - negativity like positive is a feedback loop.  If people are hopefully - they invest and the economy grow.

If you look at Equity Bank - it's good they fired Ndii - because James Mwangi would not be 11.4 trillion KSHS behemooth now.

Ndii if he start negativity - Ruto will cut him lose.

I trust Ndii when it comes to assessing Kenyan economics and coming up with good solutions centred around the good of the common mwananchi. He lost a good chunk of my respect when he allowed himself to insult Luos two years ago, but that's just bitterness with Raila. He feels betrayed by the Handshake. But I find him solid in matters economics. I'm glad Pundit is no longer insulting him like he used to before he became team Ruto  :D But I think Ndii is a plus for Kenya. If we ever implement a meritocracy, we would want to stock policy-bodies with heads like Ndii  :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2022, 05:20:49 PM »

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2022, 06:41:05 PM »
How come other dairies e.g wakulima(mukurweini), Aspendo(kangema), Githunguri (fresha), Kinangop, mt. kenya(meru) don't lower prices to capture more market-share? Also how come they pay almost the same farm gate prices? What's the cost structure of a packet of milk? The informal milk market is well above 75% and not shrinking actually its expanding, this is the biggest competitor to the formal dairies. Lately there has been advent of independent pasteurizers due to dairy board requirement a clear indication of entrenchment of the informal market.