Author Topic: Origins of ebola: rubbish  (Read 2240 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Origins of ebola: rubbish
« on: October 23, 2014, 05:33:36 AM »
http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/10/10/the-origins-of-the-ebola-crisis/

Interesting these experts who've never or barely spent time in Africa are so vocal about it. If they've seen the ebola testing sites littered all over Africa they'd keep their mouth shut. Better keep it shut then preach nonsense.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
Re: Origins of ebola: rubbish
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:22 AM »
How can they be experts for something they don't even know.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:36:15 AM »
Some of the explanations are not convincing.  Liberia is not any poorer than Kikwit, DRC.

How do they make sure they are not misdiagnosing Ebola in these remote places with no labs?  How do they know they are not shoving people with dengue fever into "Ebola" wards?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline anarchista

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 12:35:35 PM »
I thought the article gave a good general idea of why we are unable to contain its spread- but I'm usually to the far left of most you.

Dont really understand NyarKisum's title when this is the first comment he makes:
Well Ebola is a virus, nobody quite knows what the origins are

Cant say Kenya would fare any better. Kenyatta Hosp cant cope with just the malaria patients in Nairobi
In most normal situations it should be very easily contained by quarantine and by isolation but the big problem in the countries where it is most prevalent the infrastructure has increasingly been ripped out, especially in terms of health systems

I'll add to this debate an article recently passed on to me

work that was conducted at the bio-warfare laboratories set up by the USA on the west coast of Africa. And if you look at a map produced by the Center of  Disease Control you can see where these laboratories are located. And they are across the heart of  Ebola epidemic, at the west coast of Africa. So, I think these laboratories, one or more of them, are the origins of the Ebola epidemic.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article40012.htm

ps NyarKisum: Any chance for the href tag? Links are really ugly!
Sins of the father... . . blood from the son

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 05:02:45 PM »
Thanks for this. I thought it was a cool idea to trek around Africa alone in my dumb as f years cladded in my sandals and backpack. I saw barbed off areas with "ebola" hazard signs. That's odd I thought, then witnessed military things going on, more than a few remote places in Africa normal peeps shouldn't go.. that was 10 years ago..  it would be so easy to spread ebola from places that test ebola.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 05:06:34 PM »
I haven't told anyone in my immediate life what I've seen, they most certainly will call me nuts.