Author Topic: Kenya police with army jungle wear and huge G3 in banks  (Read 522 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kenya police with army jungle wear and huge G3 in banks
« on: August 05, 2021, 05:45:28 PM »
Police here in Tokyo are always seen with pistols that are kept in holsters, safely tucked in their belts.

For the 14 days I have been in Tokyo, I am yet to meet police walking the streets carrying some AK-47s or other sophisticated guns. Even at night, you will not find police walking the streets stopping people as they carry huge guns. It does not matter  what time of the night it is. It is still rare to find police on the streets. Back home in Kenya though, you know what the story is. Police in the streets look like they are on a gun show off, never mind them asking where you are going.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/athletics/2001420087/thursday-notebook-team-kenya-outfit-is-popular-in-tokyo

Kenya police service - should modernize - and unless someone is deployed in west pokot or mandera - please wear less threatening uniform and carry pistols - it make Nairobi and our cities look like a war zone.

Not even in Kabul or Somalia do we have this kind of situation.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Kenya police with army jungle wear and huge G3 in banks
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 05:49:18 PM »
I wonder whether this will help:

App Helps Kenyans with Emergencies
https://www.voanews.com/africa/app-helps-kenyans-emergencies
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 05:50:36 PM »
They carry literal battle rifles.  Yes they do look scary if you are not used to it.  The irony is those things actually put them at a disadvantage in their normal settings of fighting crime in the city.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 06:19:38 PM »
Yes most Kenyans are so used to - Uganda is even better - at least it's normally the security guards with some wooden contraption.Rwanda the police dont wear jungle wear.

They carry literal battle rifles.  Yes they do look scary if you are not used to it.  The irony is those things actually put them at a disadvantage in their normal settings of fighting crime in the city.