Author Topic: I grieve for this young lady  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
I grieve for this young lady
« on: August 01, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »
As a human being, a Kenyan and a parent, I grieve for this young lady even as I grieve for poor Msando.  At least we all understand that the Mafia is desperate and they know that stealing this elections is their only way to retain power.  However, they surely did not have to kill her.  All they had to do was  drop her off, knock her out-anything but harm her or kill her. Another explanation is that they knew she was seeing him and they used her to get to him but still, they did not have to kill her. 

According to her sister, she was seeing this married man-a mistake/sin-you name it,  but nonetheless not big enough to deserve death. Mpango wa Kando apparently is very common among Kenyan men who consider themselves upwardly mobile or wealthy as evidenced by how quickly/freely/proudly our resident pundit admits that he too has mpango wa kando.  Usually the mpango wa kando is an ambitious younger woman trying to climb quickly into the social and economic ladder.  I hear the younger woman  refer to the men as a "sponsor"-which captures what they think of the whole relationship-a stepping stone. Most of the men their age are jobless and they may be attracted to them physically but in our  mbesha culture, the woman have learned not to be distracted with useless emotions like love. They call that the life of poverty. This erosion of cultural values can be traced to the corruption and drug monies that is flowing like water with impunity.  This monies is   not only destroying our economy but our culture and values.  Some like Pundit call this  "maendeleo".

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: I grieve for this young lady
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 04:28:37 PM »
She knew the kidnappers, so she had to go.  The transactional culture of sponsors is a domesticated variant of prostitution. 

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 05:07:47 PM »
My condolences to the family Ms. Carol Ngumbu.

She was not just a nameless woman who was dumped together with Musando. She was a human being, a daughter of someone, a sister to Jedida Wanjiku.

As I always, in Kenya when one has never been heard of, it is a sign of cleanliness of body and soul. Carol Ngumbu having never before appeared in any media or court, was a clean soul - among the few in this country.

It is therefore with pain I note the deliberate attempt to smear her. My posthumous apologies to her for all the naked photos of her by her fellow countryman
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 05:51:54 PM »
Mpango wa kando is kenyan thing - poverty (lack of opportunities) and lack of values - is the main cause - if you stay near these tu-college or universities - 18-21yr olds little things literally hunt you down if you have some money.
As a human being, a Kenyan and a parent, I grieve for this young lady even as I grieve for poor Msando.  At least we all understand that the Mafia is desperate and they know that stealing this elections is their only way to retain power.  However, they surely did not have to kill her.  All they had to do was  drop her off, knock her out-anything but harm her or kill her. Another explanation is that they knew she was seeing him and they used her to get to him but still, they did not have to kill her. 

According to her sister, she was seeing this married man-a mistake/sin-you name it,  but nonetheless not big enough to deserve death. Mpango wa Kando apparently is very common among Kenyan men who consider themselves upwardly mobile or wealthy as evidenced by how quickly/freely/proudly our resident pundit admits that he too has mpango wa kando.  Usually the mpango wa kando is an ambitious younger woman trying to climb quickly into the social and economic ladder.  I hear the younger woman  refer to the men as a "sponsor"-which captures what they think of the whole relationship-a stepping stone. Most of the men their age are jobless and they may be attracted to them physically but in our  mbesha culture, the woman have learned not to be distracted with useless emotions like love. They call that the life of poverty. This erosion of cultural values can be traced to the corruption and drug monies that is flowing like water with impunity.  This monies is   not only destroying our economy but our culture and values.  Some like Pundit call this  "maendeleo".

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 06:08:56 PM »
Very sad indeed for the poor parents of these young girls.  How are they supposed to provide moral guidance to these innocent, young people full of energy and life in this moral cesspool.

Mpango wa kando is kenyan thing - poverty (lack of opportunities) and lack of values - is the main cause - if you stay near these tu-college or universities - 18-21yr olds little things literally hunt you down if you have some money.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 07:11:11 PM »
Poor Carol was only identified officially this morning when her poor mother made it to the city mortuary to go through the painful process.

It is sad that some simply look at her a "mpango wa kando" and not the daughter of someone.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 07:59:11 PM »
I used to think that poverty was the only reason pushing these young girls to this kind of arrangement till I ran into Macharia Gaitho (nation media ) daughter running around with an old married Nigerian man, now am not saying Macharia Gaitho is a bad father but I don't think he lacks the mean to support his daughter.  Social media has applied a lot of pressure on these young girls to act successful, take photos in exotic travel destination etc etc

You can read the kind of crap she is feeding young girls here

http://lisagaitho.com/are-we-really-equal/

Very sad indeed for the poor parents of these young girls.  How are they supposed to provide moral guidance to these innocent, young people full of energy and life in this moral cesspool.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 08:53:18 PM »
I used to think that poverty was the only reason pushing these young girls to this kind of arrangement till I ran into Macharia Gaitho (nation media ) daughter running around with an old married Nigerian man, now am not saying Macharia Gaitho is a bad father but I don't think he lacks the mean to support his daughter.  Social media has applied a lot of pressure on these young girls to act successful, take photos in exotic travel destination etc etc

She is thick.  Very thick.  :D

She look like Yemi Alade.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 11:54:41 PM »

You can read the kind of crap she is feeding young girls here

http://lisagaitho.com/are-we-really-equal/

You can say that again.

I have a 23yr young sister-in-law who has gone through the motions including a near fatal abortion. So after weeks of silence I chatted her, shared with her the link, then the photos of the girl. She was giggling saying she's cute. Then I sent the last one of her body. She told me she puked.

There is immense pressure in college as has always been but probably exacerbated by SM. We need to keep talking to them
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 01:41:26 AM »
Her parents like most must have put in so much love, time, resources in raising her and it is heart wrenching to imagine their sorrow going through such a horrifying experience. Nobody deserves this kind of experience. I am against death penalty because it's irreversible when the wrong person is convicted. However, the killing of this young lady is so senseless that I would curve an exemption if the evidence is conclusive.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 06:23:14 AM »
Kenya is a class and materialistic society. People dont care how one makes money so long as they have it. This is the bedrock of what facilitates corruption and all the evils in our society. Young girls wants to take pictures in fancy places post them in social media to impress their friends. And their young boyfriends most of the time are the facilitators so that they can get a cut of the loot. Going forward the only solution is to have people who make money the hard way by creating something or offering real services thats not inflated. People like that tend not to splash their cash. 

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 12:19:03 PM »
Her parents like most must have put in so much love, time, resources in raising her and it is heart wrenching to imagine their sorrow going through such a horrifying experience. Nobody deserves this kind of experience. I am against death penalty because it's irreversible when the wrong person is convicted. However, the killing of this young lady is so senseless that I would curve an exemption if the evidence is conclusive.

It's tragic what happened to her.  Is it more tragic than other murders?  Hard to say.  She was a grown up young woman who does not deserve what came her way.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »

Not more tragic than other murders but I think each  needs to be talked about individually as a real person and not statistics. 

It's tragic what happened to her.  Is it more tragic than other murders?  Hard to say.  She was a grown up young woman who does not deserve what came her way.

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »

Not more tragic than other murders but I think each  needs to be talked about individually as a real person and not statistics. 

Agreed.  And her killers are most likely the same guys who killed Msando.  But to listen to DCIO they are treating her as a mere accessory to the investigation.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »

Agreed.  And her killers are most likely the same guys who killed Msando.  But to listen to DCIO they are treating her as a mere accessory to the investigation.
What makes you think thus?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 01:25:49 PM »

Their reports.  They are focused on Msando's movements and who he met.  They refer to him as "the deceased".  She is referred to as "a female".

She appears in them because she was with him.  I don't get the impression that this investigation would happen if her body was found but not tied to Msando's death.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 01:48:10 PM »
I think the assumption is that if they find who killed him they will simultaneously solve her murder. It's highly unlikely but possible that she was the target and he was the person in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »

Their reports.  They are focused on Msando's movements and who he met.  They refer to him as "the deceased".  She is referred to as "a female".

She appears in them because she was with him.  I don't get the impression that this investigation would happen if her body was found but not tied to Msando's death.
The difference is investigations into murders of John Does go on largely without all the media glitz. Musando for obvious reasons is different.

I'd not say they are ignoring her as such, read somewhere that the dad was not allowed to as much as view the body because of the investigations. So I'd say her being among the last person Musando spoke with and had drinks, as well as their near simultaneous deaths, and this restricting access to her body, they are on it. But you will not even see her hashtags, Musando is the prominent guy

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 03:46:28 PM »
Kenya lacks the leadership with a vision. Poverty creates dependence and the way Kenya is structured dependence is a must. The middle class has disappeared leaving the rich (Sonko style) and the poor ir rural areas. There is no govt effort to push for a vibrant economy driven by the middle class, rahter its a free for all. The well connected can hire thugs to kill and maim, like the Msando case because they want money and have no regard for life.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »
That is why this election is pivotal.  According to recent polls as much as 60% of  Kenyans agree that the country is headed towards the wrong direction.  Ouruto's campaign slogan is that they will continue doing what they have been doing.  That should be the most reliable indicator that they will lose.  However, the conventional wisdom repeated everywhere as a fact, is that "Kenyans vote along tribal lines",  therefore,  those affiliated to Ourutu by tribe will vote for him anyway and they have the numbers to prevail.

I get it, however, my argument is, and has always been that, there are enough of those who are NOT affiliated tribally with the presidential candidates and their running mates to make a difference by voting for change of direction.

Kenya lacks the leadership with a vision. Poverty creates dependence and the way Kenya is structured dependence is a must. The middle class has disappeared leaving the rich (Sonko style) and the poor ir rural areas. There is no govt effort to push for a vibrant economy driven by the middle class, rahter its a free for all. The well connected can hire thugs to kill and maim, like the Msando case because they want money and have no regard for life.