Author Topic: Lee Njiru really nails the Kalenjin and PEV like nobody - complusory reading  (Read 1554 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
This community was resolute that the Kibaki government had to be defeated. They could not contemplate any other outcome. So, when Kibaki was declared the winner, all hell broke loose. The Kalenjin believed that the election had been stolen. Since they could not lay their hands on the person of Mwai Kibaki, they had to do it on his children, the Kikuyus in the Rift Valley.

That was the genesis of the 2007-2008 post election violence. The Kikuyu were wondering how the Kalenjin were able to mobilise, so efficiently and in military fashion, their young attackers. They do not know that the Rift Valley is the veritable repository of military genius. As a red herring, and to mask their iniquities, the Gema and other leaders who had carried out the sacking of the Kalenjins, blamed the violence on land issues. The overriding factor was bitterness on account of mistreatment. Europeans and Asians live among the Kalenjin. They own land there and are never molested.

Up to the time of writing this book, the government continually encourages people wishing to buy land and settle among other communities to do so. However, settlers have been encouraged to integrate and peacefully co-exist with their neighbours. They must resonate and gel with their hosts. They must also make effort to embrace the customs and traditions of the host community even as they expect their own traditions and customs to be tolerated.

When multiparty politics was at its peak, I met a politician from Kiambu. He told me he was planning to go to the bush and wage a guerilla war against President Moi and his government. I reminded him that there were no bushes or forests in Kiambu and that he could only do it in vegetable gardens.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Btw - this is still very true to this day - Kikuyu dont stay in armed force and police for long - they quit and do business - they cannot handle low salary and poor working conditions. Immediately they are in - they plot how to get out - because it's demeaning work for most of them. Kikuyus know with a little hardwork - they can become better than useless cop.

Kalenjin like watchmen and military work because for them it easy job - kalenjin or Matusa hate working hard or any menial job - they see security as most laziest job on earth - like herding cattle - and they go for it.

"As I had pointed out earlier, when the Shifta war broke out in 1963, the Prime Minister, Jomo Kenyatta, sent out appeals to Kenyan youth to join the Armed Forces to defend their motherland and national sovereignty. The Gema communities were not enthusiastic to join the forces. They reasoned that they had been exhausted by the Mau-Mau war against colonialism and the detention and brutalisation they had suffered. The pastoralist communities, especially the Kalenjin, Maasai, Turkana and the Samburu, joined the forces in great numbers"

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
this "compulsory reading" is common knowledge among hoi polloi. Kalenjin had been killing folks 92, 97 and this complimented the lie.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
92 was Moi. 98 was overzealous warmonger Kones then Moi's Matiangi. 2007 was Kibaki. Kalenjin war machinery iko tu. It someone to take advantage of or to ruse it. Kibaki instigated it. For kalenjin to rise as all 7 million - there has to be uniting cause. Right now Ruto is the uniting force - and it could be very deadly if Ufool mishandle the election.
this "compulsory reading" is common knowledge among hoi polloi. Kalenjin had been killing folks 92, 97 and this complimented the lie.

Offline sema

• Enigma
The overriding factor was bitterness on account of mistreatment.

What percentage of Kalenjins were army generals or senior civil servants? 1%? and those one did not do the fighting.  Koech enriched himself greatly (he was in charge of procurements) so it's not a surprise he had to go and none of these Kalenjins were on the ground fighting.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
For me the real and deeper reason Kalenjin- accepted and adopted democracy - somewhere mid 2005.
After Moi elite left and those in gov were being fired - and Kass fm hapenned with lots of civic education
Kalenjin started big shift to democracy - that existed back  in the days - old democratic roots. It still alive now.
Moi had made Kalenjinland like Raila Luoland....mostly mockery of election, violence and name it against anybody opposed to Moi.
Voter bribery was through the roof.
Moi was picking leaders from his friends and elite - rigged them through KANU- it was a dynasty kind of thing.

Now here Kalenjin have said okay - that is bad chapter - we are now fully democratic - we will elect people based on their merit.
Young, women, old, name them - you come and speak to us - we like you vibe - we elect you.
Raila was anathema - most kalenjin were going for Kalonzo - but as more kalenjin understood the democracy - they said why not - what is wrong with Luo being PORK. They ignored the cut issues...and said Raila is the MOST qualified. Ruto William himself was shocked by undercurrents - he blamed the Kass fm diaspora guy I bet.
Kass FM was new, had total listernship from all kalenjin, and the likes of Sang were really doing a great job teaching people democracy.
US diaspora were doing the same - every morning and evening - people were being taught to be democratic - to elect good leader.
Good leaders were educated, were smart, could speak in public, etc.

Now everything went smoothly - people got fresh new faces of MPs - young, women - name it.
Women could campaign freely - a record 7 got elected. There was ZERO VIOLENCE in the lead up to election.
People were embracing democracy - I remember in my home - they picked some lecturer who was living in land mawer - Dr Kones and made him MP
He gave out nothing - people fueled his car. The story was same everywhere.
I was so shocked - previously you had to bribe people.

Then Kibaki rigged and betrayed the democracy project that Kalenjin had embraced.

Kalenjin hit the roof. They couldnt believe Kibaki had become a MOI. Thankfully that democratic fire still burns in Kalenjin - violence is frown upon - people are elected mostly on their merit - bribery has almost zero impact - people elect young, old, women, name it  - mostly poor but educated.

The same fever pitch belief in Hustler Nation if aborted will cause serious problems.

People have come to belive in Hustler Nation of all KENYANS ARE EQUAL - they will liquadte dynasties very badly if they abort this mission

What percentage of Kalenjins were army generals or senior civil servants? 1%? and those one did not do the fighting.  Koech enriched himself greatly (he was in charge of procurements) so it's not a surprise he had to go and none of these Kalenjins were on the ground fighting.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
I read the so called exercpts from Nation.
Lee Njiru could have narated his side of story but its very evident a Kalenjin wrote the book.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Njiru is anti-kikuyu. He is man from Runyenjes. That is how he survived with Moi - I think kalenjin elite knew he was kikuyu hater numero uno :) - perhaps only Kipkalyia Kones hated kikuyus more than anyone I know.  1st time I saw him I thought he was a tugen. He looked like Moi son. He had that Tugen and Keiyo non-smiling look that people around Moi had - they all looked like they were unhappy. Only Moi laughed. Kones and many kipsigis leaders were generally very jovial and smiled...but Biwott, Mois and those tugens had the business look of no teeth...and it didnt help they were very dark.
Lee Njiru could have narated his side of story but its very evident a Kalenjin wrote the book.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma

He is a Kikuyu as he gets, He was loyal to Moi as he was to Kenyatta . Listen to his stories he has given in the media since retirement.
This book just investigate who wrote it.....

Njiru is anti-kikuyu. He is man from Runyenjes. That is how he survived with Moi - I think kalenjin elite knew he was kikuyu hater numero uno :). 1st time I saw him I thought he was a tugen. He looked like Moi son.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Why would a journalist like him hire a ghost writer. His entire living is write stuff. You're nuts. Moi regime in 90s was built around anti-kikuyuism. You couldnt survive unless you were anti-kikuyu. They were the enemy. Saitoti was hidding his kikuyu roots like you hide bhang. Only Kamotho was tolerated as hornbill. The rest around Moi, Shariff Nassir, Coast leaders, Western, Ukambani, Kalonzo...everyone around Moi hated Kikuyus by default.

For Njiru to survive in kitchen cabinet - he had to be the most oustanding hater and betrayer of the kikuyu elite. Someone like Kones had almost genocidal dislike for kikuyus and was powerful in Moi regime. Biwott had no time for kikuyus. It was almost impossible to survive the 90 Moi regime if you didnt have strong dislike for kikuyus - Ntimamas, Kosgeys, name them.

When Moi fished Uhuru - the entire anti-kikuyu brigade got a comatose :) their bodies were shocked to their bone marrow. They couldnt believe what Moi had done. Moi had betrayed anti-kikuyu platform. Raila inherited it. Biwott left to join NVP. Kones left to join Nyachae in Ford People. All of them basically abandon Moi. How could they sell a Kikuyu candidate when they had build careers around hate.

Now Raila find himself embracing kikuyus - after running anti-kikuyu platform for 20yrs - the messaging is terrible - his const are confused - they are so many undecided voters - they dont know what this election is all about.

This is an historic election because the anti-kikuyu platform is dead...both sides have to express deep love and admiration for Mt Kenya people :). After they win - somoeone like Raila will resume where he left.

He is a Kikuyu as he gets, He was loyal to Moi as he was to Kenyatta . Listen to his stories he has given in the media since retirement.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
The grade 6 English makes me doubt a veteran journalist wrote the book.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
RV sometimes your reasoning is questionable. Have you heard Lee Njiru talking in the interviews ? Per say he was just a manager of Presidents Press Crew.
You always speak as if you have authority in matters politics. Yours is just hearsay.
Moi picked Saitoti because he was a Kikuyu , Some of Moi top advisors were Kikuyu. The current Mt Kenya tycoons were in Moi good books .Even though Kibaki was in opposition his sponsors were doing business with Moi and were in good talking terms .When Moi decided it was Uhuru in 2001 you saw all of them trooping to KANU .
Lee Njiru even says Moi had a personal liking for him. Moi protected Lee Njiru because he liked his work. So close were they that when Moi retired he took with him Njiru. Njiru salary used to be paid by Moi even post retirement.
Wacha panganga , dont make me post Lee Njiru interviews....

Why would a journalist like him hire a ghost writer. His entire living is write stuff. You're nuts. Moi regime in 90s was built around anti-kikuyuism. You couldnt survive unless you were anti-kikuyu. They were the enemy. Saitoti was hidding his kikuyu roots like you hide bhang. Only Kamotho was tolerated as hornbill. The rest around Moi, Shariff Nassir, Coast leaders, Western, Ukambani, Kalonzo...everyone around Moi hated Kikuyus by default.

For Njiru to survive in kitchen cabinet - he had to be the most oustanding hater and betrayer of the kikuyu elite. Someone like Kones had almost genocidal dislike for kikuyus and was powerful in Moi regime. Biwott had no time for kikuyus. It was almost impossible to survive the 90 Moi regime if you didnt have strong dislike for kikuyus - Ntimamas, Kosgeys, name them.

When Moi fished Uhuru - the entire anti-kikuyu brigade got a comatose :) their bodies were shocked to their bone marrow. They couldnt believe what Moi had done. Moi had betrayed anti-kikuyu platform. Raila inherited it. Biwott left to join NVP. Kones left to join Nyachae in Ford People. All of them basically abandon Moi. How could they sell a Kikuyu candidate when they had build careers around hate.

Now Raila find himself embracing kikuyus - after running anti-kikuyu platform for 20yrs - the messaging is terrible - his const are confused - they are so many undecided voters - they dont know what this election is all about.

This is an historic election because the anti-kikuyu platform is dead...both sides have to express deep love and admiration for Mt Kenya people :). After they win - somoeone like Raila will resume where he left.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Nowayah, you should consider checking yourself in the nearest mental hospital if you're not on medication.Learn to handle bitter truth.I grew up in DP and I know Kibaki folks more than you do because you were an idiot following Kenyatta family. Moi 90s was totally completely anti-kikuyu include two engineered tribal clashes in 1992 and 1998 that killed and displaced you own people.You own were also evicted from coast mostly likoni.And now in your sickness your think Moi loved Kikuyus.Moi chose the young Uhuru only as foolish drunk proxy for his son Gideon to rule. Njuri survived in moi because he is a Kikuyu hater.That is why your mental madness you think a kalenjin wrote his book unable to countenances that an Embu would hate Kikuyus.Kikuyu elites were really hard to like...in 15yrs of jomo they were arrogant and proud.. everyone hated them including many merus and embus.Unfortunately the hatred extended to innocent Kikuyus leading to near genocide in 90s and worse 2007.I believe the 2007 was wake-up call for Kikuyus...they had to reset their relationship with others and they have done that hence this election outcome .Learn to handle the truth bloody foolish moron.I will speak the truth always... whether it for or against kalenjin..ukweli lazima..I heard kones incite people three times.. verbatim and I knew he was main engine of molo clashes.I cannot hide such and say 92 was spotanous like 2007.If there was anything that happened in 2007 I shared it .1992 was instigated by Moi using NIS of then..they would burn kalenjin homes on the border pretending it was Kikuyus or Luos or Luhya.. kalenjin would immediately raise a war cry..and in few hours thousands of warriors would arrive and descend on poor innocent people beiliving they had been attacked first..Moi knew as long as kalenjin had raise the war cry it would be devastating in few hours.But he controlled it when his objective had been achieved.2007 was different.. Kibaki brazen rigging and shooting of peaceful demos was the war cry. For kalenjin war cry is all you need

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Arrogance and pride is what cost Kikuyu a lot and what killing Raila.Just yesterday I eavesdrop on bar conversation btw three Kikuyus..their main fear of Raila president..luo pride.kalenjin ruled for 25yrs because of their humility and Ruto will nick it because kalenjin are seen as humble .And that seems the running theme in Njiru book when he compares Moi and Kenyatta

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
RV , I was in Mombasa in 1997 Kayabombo clashes.
You need to revisit and relearn what happened.
Simply because Moi had GEMA with him when majority were in opposition does not mean they were Anti Kikuyu.
Yes tribal Kalenjins engineered Kikuyu eviction in Rift Valley does it mean it was sanctioned by Lee Njiru ?
I can name you more than thousands of Kikuyus who were in Mois government in 90s . You want to imply they survived in Moi government because they supported Kikuyus eviction feom Rift Valley ? You are the one who needs his head checked.

Lee Njiru was employed in Kenyatta regime did a good job and Moi had a liking of him due to his quality of work and work ethics.
Kalenjins in Moi circles wanted him sacked but Moi protected him.
He has been talking about it in the media.
Ive told you stop using Kalenjin tag. Just because you are a Kalenjin foes not make you a Moi Kitchen cabinet member not does it make you a Ruto handler.
Im 100% sure Moi nor Ruto know of your existance.Wacha panganga .

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I dont need to know Moi or Ruto to know stuff. You need a first grade brain like me. The best of kenya politics, intrigues and name it I have read from Charles Hornsby. I know kenya politics because I have photographic memory, I have read extensively in 1990s dating back to 60.

For example this book is a gem - Kenya: A History Since Independence: Hornsby, Charles.

Moi 1990s was anti-Kikuyu/anti-Luo coalition. Dont sugarcoat it. For you - Moi was good but Kalenjin bad. Ruto is good but Kalenjin. That is crazy logic.

Proper logic. Kalenjin are good but Moi was bad. Ruto I know is not a hater.

Moi oversaw & planned evil in 1990s against your own people but here you're praising him because there were few kikuyus in gov circles.

My father was opposed to Moi - and was amongst the few Kalenjin that spoke against such evil - such hatred of kikuyus - and I grew up with those ideals of HONESTY & TRUTHFULLNESS.

And finally I DID NOT DESIRE TO MEET OR BE CLOSE TO MOI. I HATED MOI. I GREW UP HATING MOI.

My life highlight was when I told him "Kwenda Huko"  in my home town the first sunday he wasnt president. That moment I really cherished. They arrested the guy who was also shouting to him, beat him and dropped him after kms.

Infact because I was so political and hated Moi - in 1992 - when I heard UON students shout "Moi must go" in TV - I vowed to go to university and shout MOI MUST GO! and I did! NARC 2002 I was campaigning againt Moi and KANU - volunteering with kina Raila.

Now look at an idiot like you - you must be the Kamale of Jukwaa - who was NIS working for Moi KANU :) and proud of it.

Learn to always speak the truth - however uncomfortable - and that is what I do - when I say kalenjin warrior will kill - it doesnt mean I endorse it - it just mean I am aware of their capacity to kill.

RV , I was in Mombasa in 1997 Kayabombo clashes.
You need to revisit and relearn what happened.
Simply because Moi had GEMA with him when majority were in opposition does not mean they were Anti Kikuyu.
Yes tribal Kalenjins engineered Kikuyu eviction in Rift Valley does it mean it was sanctioned by Lee Njiru ?
I can name you more than thousands of Kikuyus who were in Mois government in 90s . You want to imply they survived in Moi government because they supported Kikuyus eviction feom Rift Valley ? You are the one who needs his head checked.

Lee Njiru was employed in Kenyatta regime did a good job and Moi had a liking of him due to his quality of work and work ethics.
Kalenjins in Moi circles wanted him sacked but Moi protected him.
He has been talking about it in the media.
Ive told you stop using Kalenjin tag. Just because you are a Kalenjin foes not make you a Moi Kitchen cabinet member not does it make you a Ruto handler.
Im 100% sure Moi nor Ruto know of your existance.Wacha panganga .

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
I would understand Lee Njiru when he talked on how GEMA went haywire on nkalenjini. For instance my dad used to tell me  kalenjins were just ihii and they were not circumsized and  reasoned like goats. He used to tell me awful unprintable things about them.

Pundit on behalf of GEMA In nipate I apologise for this.

Noway lets accept the truth and move on,I dont see why you challenge Pundit on obvious stuff. True he doesn't like us but we are tribal too

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Who are calling Kihii - :) - when we taught all of you how to cut.

Most of you merus have never met a kalenjin. When I went for my wife ruracio - the average Embu guy was wondering if we were Luhyas or Luos - nyinyi ni mbaruya? - I was told the only non kikuyu/embu/meru/kamba in the village was baluhya girl that had been married there - they hear Kericho? and they say Baricho in Kirinyanga?  Moi had been president - but they didnt even know Kalenjin. Their world view was Nairobi to Embu - maybe Meru and Kambas - otherwise they dont know any other tribe - they had seen maybe one baluhya married in their village. The rest of kenya tribes were just western tribes...

Like Lee say most GEMA are insular and ignorant.

And to be honest - even Kipsigis know nothing about Merus or Embus - or even Luhyas. People just know immediate sorrounding - gusii, luo, maasai and kikuyu - and rest of kalenjin. Luhya - we call them marikori (maragoli) - maybe average kipsigis had seen one marikori (Luhya) in their life. In Nandi it's different - Luhyas are all over. In our place.. Luos and Gusii are all over.

I would understand Lee Njiru when he talked on how GEMA went haywire on nkalenjini. For instance my dad used to tell me  kalenjins were just ihii and they were not circumsized and  reasoned like goats. He used to tell me awful unprintable things about them.

Noway lets accept the truth and move on,I dont see why you challenge Pundit on obvious stuff. True he doesn't like us but we are tribal too

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Who are calling Kihii - :) - when we taught all of you how to cut.

Most of you merus have never met a kalenjin. When I went for my wife ruracio - the average Embu guy was wondering if we were Luhyas or Luos - nyinyi ni mbaruya? - I was told the only non kikuyu/embu/meru/kamba in the village was baluhya girl that had been married there - they hear Kericho? and they say Baricho in Kirinyanga?  Moi had been president - but they didnt even know Kalenjin. Their world view was Nairobi to Embu - maybe Meru and Kambas - otherwise they dont know any other tribe - they had seen maybe one baluhya married in their village. The rest of kenya tribes were just western tribes...

Like Lee say most GEMA are insular and ignorant.

And to be honest - even Kipsigis know nothing about Merus or Embus - or even Luhyas. People just know immediate sorrounding - gusii, luo, maasai and kikuyu - and rest of kalenjin. Luhya - we call them marikori (maragoli) - maybe average kipsigis had seen one marikori (Luhya) in their life. In Nandi it's different - Luhyas are all over. In our place.. Luos and Gusii are all over.

Our parents especially Dads would tell us this,just to cultivate us to hate kabila cia ruguru,this was worsened during the molo clashes the hatred went overboard,Kikuyu refugees came to Meru and put up shacks so whenever My dad used to walk.me around as a toddler I used to ask him why they kikuyus were living like that,and he would reply with those unprintable words against Kalenjin,so that's how we GEMA grew up with kinda brainwashed . I only knew Kalenjin cut when I joined university, and yes  GEMA are insular ,imagine studying at Meru primary school, then meru high school then Meru university then being employed in Meru county government, yep thats happens to a majority of Merus.   :D :D
I personally cant stand them.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Cruel thing with war and Kalenjin. Kalenjin dont even remember one month after the war. One week after war - they go back to farming - and everyone totally forget about it. War for kalenjin is like fighting with your friend and then making up. Kalenjin after war has ended, they go back to farming, whoever was killed or maimed, nobody cares, people move on. If you go and ask kalenjin about 92, or 2007, they have almost forgotten it - they just say huh? there was some small violence or some commotion.

Kalenjin can fight you - and when war is over - tomorrow you can comeback and continue life - like it didnt happen. Gusii and Luo farmhand just wait for a week or two - and are back - nobody will touch them.

Gusii use to get very angry because for kalenjin call it friendly matches. Luos are smart - they fight with kalenjin for half a day - they call a truce - war ends. Caualities in Luo-Kalenjin conflict are very few - because they will ask for a truce immediately

Kalenjin and Maasai - now those are ultimate wars Kalenjin like - people fight and tomorrow - they are laughing about xyz who got killed. It friendly deadly matches. It's a sport. I think before althetics - kalenjin use to do alot of sport just fighting for it's sake.

Our parents especially Dads would tell us this,just to cultivate us to hate kabila cia ruguru,this was worsened during the molo clashes the hatred went overboard,Kikuyu refugees came to Meru and put up shacks so whenever My dad used to walk.me around as a toddler I used to ask him why they kikuyus were living like that,and he would reply with those unprintable words against Kalenjin,so that's how we GEMA grew up with kinda brainwashed . I only knew Kalenjin cut when I joined university, and yes  GEMA are insular ,imagine studying at Meru primary school, then meru high school then Meru university then being employed in Meru county government, yep thats happens to a majority of Merus.   :D :D
I personally cant stand them.