Author Topic: Who remembers the con-man Julius Mwale - Now with a "megacity" in his home  (Read 23149 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
He came with story of developing 60b US worth of patent for securing mobile money transfer :D
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000000799/ex-soldier-develops-technology-to-secure-money-transfers

Now he is back with MegaCity in Butere  :D :D :D .Mr Julius Mwale the conman who left norfolks with 0.5M shs bill 0 has build what appears to be shopping mall in Butere and has ads on TV.

He is building Medical, Shopping and sijui what technocity worth billions of dollars...including 144mw gasification plant :D :D :D :D

Yeah some con-men are audacious.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
He managed to run his con in Kenya because The Standard and others simply  peddled to the country whatever the guy fed them.  Not even the most basic check.

He and one one of his American lady friends then managed to con a bunch of Americans with stories of how they were all going to get rich from some technological thing in Africa and would they just look at how well something like MPESA or whatever had done in Kenya.    Eventually people started to sue them.  Here is the amusing story  of one of their cases (his lady-friend is the defendant, but Mwale is the "main character", as the details show):

https://casetext.com/case/zinner-v-graham
(might take a couple of minutes to load)

Mwai and his lady-friend were never able to produce the records of this "company", got into all sorts of trouble, and eventually the "company" quietly disappeared.   Its two employees then got out of the technology business and went into the NGO business, with the noble goal of developing Africa.   This is the new organization:

http://developingafrica.org/id1.html

I believe that part of the money they raised was  for the development of harambee schools in Butere, and perhaps there is one located in Mwal-Mart.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
His  website account is now suspended. I doubt anything exists in Butere. If it does then he found some more suckers who bought into this.

Kenyans need to be aware of this conman now advertising on the same media before they lose their money.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
He is an audacious con-man who moves from one big idea to another.
He managed to run his con in Kenya because The Standard and others simply  peddled to the country whatever the guy fed them.  Not even the most basic check.

He and one one of his American lady friends then managed to con a bunch of Americans with stories of how they were all going to get rich from some technological thing in Africa and would they just look at how well something like MPESA or whatever had done in Kenya.    Eventually people started to sue them.  Here is the amusing story  of one of their cases (his lady-friend is the defendant, but Mwale is the "main character", as the details show):

https://casetext.com/case/zinner-v-graham
(might take a couple of minutes to load)

Mwai and his lady-friend were never able to produce the records of this "company", got into all sorts of trouble, and eventually the "company" quietly disappeared.   Its two employees then got out of the technology business and went into the NGO business, with the noble goal of developing Africa.   This is the new organization:

http://developingafrica.org/id1.html

I believe that part of the money they raised was  for the development of harambee schools in Butere, and perhaps there is one located in Mwal-Mart.   

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
His Wikipedia page is still up.     The man is surely bringing development to Butere with his $2 billion project.   

* a 5,000-bed referral hospital
* an airport
* a 36-hole golf course
* a technology park
* a medical school
* thousands of residences
* a convention centre

Can't say he lacks imagination.    :D

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mwale_Medical_and_Technology_City

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
I missed this one.  I am surprised Julius has still not been committed.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma

Oh, I don't know about that.    To my mind, Mwale's real "problem" is that he operates as a private individual, and so his "vision" (and its application to the wananchi's pockets) is less "subtle".    Take a look at the plans for Konza City---Sh. 1.2 trillion cost, with some unknown investors coughing up 90%---the fantastic Lego-land "artistic impressions" of what the place will look like, ... Are the authors of those really cut from a different cloth?

And remember the one in which Homa-Bay people got really excited, only to be taken in for a nice chunk of change by some briefcase types?

Sh560 billion Agri-City to be set up in Homa Bay County
The Agri-City will comprise 50,000 houses and up to 500 nutri-domes (advanced greenhouses) together with recreation areas.

Mr Abuya said the Agri-City will include: Modern housing using internationally approved housing structures; clean power generation; clean water purification; sewage treatment; waste management; modern communication networks including internet and satellite TV and modern road construction built to international standards.
http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/homa-bay/3444904-1873910-vjc4ju/index.html

In a place like Kenya, Mwale should join his like-minded peers in government and  work on "private-public partnerships": Galana, Konza City, That-Other City, etc.   

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Konza is serious - I have been following it - and right now they are on course. They've got serious pledges including multi-billion dollar university btw Gok and South Korea GoK.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=351166&page=37

And so is Galana. And so is Lapset. Let not mix things. GoK backed ventures have ability to raise billions quickly.

Hiyo ya homa-bay I remember telling Kichwa mbaya of homa-bay it was a hoax and he got so angry that I was being jealous. Eventually they lost 200-500m to fake investors. Thanks to their idiot governor Awiti Cyprian.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Konza is serious - I have been following it - and right now they are on course.

So, what exactly have they achieved so far?

Here is your man, Bitange Ndemo, just last month:  http://ventureburn.com/2017/05/progress-made-kenyas-silicon-savannah-says-konza-agency-head/  (might take a minute to load)

They've got serious pledges including multi-billion dollar university btw Gok and South Korea GoK.

What exactly are the serious pledges, and what percentage are they of the projected total cost?   

Last year I read numerous reports--media, "feasibility report" done by South Korean ExIm Bank, etc.---on the "multi-billion dollar university". I never could make sense of all the different Kenyan versions.  Did the Koreans make a serious pledge or was it just an MoU?  What's the progress so far on the "multi-billion dollar university"?   

And so is Galana.

Ah, yes.   The 1 million acres that would ensure food security for Kenyans.  Billions of shillings have been spent so far.   How many acres so far?  How much food has come out of it?  Why has Uhuru been sending "urgent pleas" for food-aid to the international community?

And so is Lapset.

I did read the origial LAPSSET plan but otherwise haven't kept up with it.   How much of it have they accomplished so far?

Let not mix things. GoK backed ventures have ability to raise billions quickly.

Konza City has been in the works since 2008; that includes 5 years of the present government.  What is the estimated total cost, and how much has the venture raised (slowly or quickly)?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch

Oh, I don't know about that.    To my mind, Mwale's real "problem" is that he operates as a private individual, and so his "vision" (and its application to the wananchi's pockets) is less "subtle".    Take a look at the plans for Konza City---Sh. 1.2 trillion cost, with some unknown investors coughing up 90%---the fantastic Lego-land "artistic impressions" of what the place will look like, ... Are the authors of those really cut from a different cloth?

And remember the one in which Homa-Bay people got really excited, only to be taken in for a nice chunk of change by some briefcase types?

Sh560 billion Agri-City to be set up in Homa Bay County
The Agri-City will comprise 50,000 houses and up to 500 nutri-domes (advanced greenhouses) together with recreation areas.

Mr Abuya said the Agri-City will include: Modern housing using internationally approved housing structures; clean power generation; clean water purification; sewage treatment; waste management; modern communication networks including internet and satellite TV and modern road construction built to international standards.
http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/homa-bay/3444904-1873910-vjc4ju/index.html

In a place like Kenya, Mwale should join his like-minded peers in government and  work on "private-public partnerships": Galana, Konza City, That-Other City, etc.   

He lacks the multiplier effect of the levers of power.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
After matiang'i acted on exam cheating, Kenyan universities have a problem recruiting students and many are laying off staff. Did someone say they will start another university at Lego City Konza?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
yeah a worldclass science & tech uni if south korea followed through their pledge.
After matiang'i acted on exam cheating, Kenyan universities have a problem recruiting students and many are laying off staff. Did someone say they will start another university at Lego City Konza?