Author Topic: ‘Why bother?’ Pelosi AGAIN says Biden should avoid debates because Trump & ‘his  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
https://www.rt.com/usa/501722-pelosi-biden-trump-debate-henchmen/

With the first presidential debate only days away, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has again suggested that Joe Biden should avoid taking to the stage with the president, arguing that he and “his henchmen are a danger.”
Having previously suggested Biden should forgo any debates with the president, Pelosi was asked on Friday’s ‘CBS This Morning’ whether she still feels the same way.

“I do, not that I don’t think he’ll be excellent,” she said. “I just think that the president has no fidelity to fact or truth, and actually in his comments the last few days, no fidelity to the Constitution.”She added that “[Trump] and his henchmen are a danger with their comments... to our democracy.”

“Why bother?” she said. “[Trump] doesn’t tell the truth.”

Confronted by co-host Gayle King about her “henchmen” comment being just as “egregious” as the language she accuses Trump of using, Pelosi became defensive, revealing she cares little about what the president thinks of her, saying “every knock from him is a boost for me” and helps her raise money.

Pelosi previously said in August there should be no debates, though Biden has insisted he will face off against the president. The former VP even raised eyebrows this month after putting a “lid” on press events early in the day, often citing debate preparation as the reason.

The first debate will be held in Cleveland, Ohio on Tuesday, September 29. It will be moderated by Fox News’ Chris Wallace, whom Trump predicted on Thursday will avoid giving his opponent any “tough questions” and will be “controlled by the radical left.”

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
She is right. I see no point in debating this slimy liar. He has no shred of integrity.

You have to overturn the cart with those sorts of people like Trumpf and be equally unconventional.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Trump is what doctor ordered by for US double speaking liberals.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Good move. Incoherent Biden stands zero chance against Trump on the podium. Trump has been addressing rallies 3h with no teleprompter - Biden needs help with 30 minute speech.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Trump has been wondering how Biden can win in Nov when Obama had to rig him in in the primaries. :)
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
She is right. I see no point in debating this slimy liar. He has no shred of integrity.

You have to overturn the cart with those sorts of people like Trumpf and be equally unconventional.

Same sentiment here.  Trump, and not just him but the entire Republican side does not care about facts.  So what's the point of a debate?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Trump is what doctor ordered by for US double speaking liberals.

What? We have a white supremacist in power and you chastising liberals?

Would you say the same thing about Pik Botha because they are the same ideologically.

Homeland security has just banned 4 year visas for Kenyan students to study in the US.

You think it's edgy to egg on white supremacists?

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
First unlike many I find trump to be very intelligent. Manipulative yes, racist maybe, but he is doing what a politician would do. He is taking advantage of existing racial fissures. Irresponsible maybe, did he create the problem, no.

Why are we still talking about US visa to kenya students in this century? We only need IVY league - top universities - maybe 100-200 students per annum. The rest surely can stay here and find good college education. Maybe about 80 US - or two every state - are better than UON - the rest are not any better than KU or Moi. So if you're getting into the top 100 US universities - stay home and learn.

What? We have a white supremacist in power and you chastising liberals?

Would you say the same thing about Pik Botha because they are the same ideologically.

Homeland security has just banned 4 year visas for Kenyan students to study in the US.

You think it's edgy to egg on white supremacists?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Democrat primaries are a joke like ODM. Yes, here in America! Liberals suffer from a strange duplicity.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yes, and an almost intellectual arrogance akin to the Intellectual Finished Product Mukhisa Wa Kituyi. Like if you tell them you don't believe in climatic science mumbo jumbo - they think you're nuts.
Liberals suffer from a strange duplicity.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
It is as if Biden is a fool. He will not be there to win over Trump fanatics, but towinover those who are ready to listen to arguements.

Same sentiment here.  Trump, and not just him but the entire Republican side does not care about facts.  So what's the point of a debate?

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
The demographics in the US is against the GOP traditional supporters. Even if Trump wins, it will be because of the electoral college and not the majority win. The Republicans will in future be in the defensive since even their traditional bases like Arizona and Texas will become toss up due to the high population of immigrants from South America. The GOP has to raise the fear of the White man whose dominance is coming to end slowly but sure.

Yes, and an almost intellectual arrogance akin to the Intellectual Finished Product Mukhisa Wa Kituyi. Like if you tell them you don't believe in climatic science mumbo jumbo - they think you're nuts.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
It is as if Biden is a fool. He will not be there to win over Trump fanatics, but towinover those who are ready to listen to arguements.

Not that many left in this election.  Trump will turn the debate into a clown show.  Republicans are at a point where they don't care.  You cannot appeal to principles or even shame.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman