Author Topic: Robina I told you BBI 2.0 is underwater  (Read 3400 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Robina I told you BBI 2.0 is underwater
« on: February 29, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020-02-29-jitters-in-odm-as-raila-abandons-reform-agenda/

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Robina I told you BBI 2.0 is underwater
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 11:00:36 AM »
Raila is a conman. Useless clueless old political washed up man

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 11:16:27 AM »
Tuliza boli... Haji and his band of wazee are still brushing up Kenyatta- tailored report.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 12:15:12 PM »
Tuliza boli... Haji and his band of wazee are still brushing up Kenyatta- tailored report.
Kenyatta and retiring governors would be interested in very minor change.Just remove the term limits.If you're willing to do that..let them know otherwise Kenyatta BBI is the current version.Obviously naive Raila like in Naivasha having seen BbI wave think he can get executive PORK...not your ceremonial.You see his biggest move was 2005 orange constitutional push and he wants to replay it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 12:17:07 PM »
Raila is a conman. Useless clueless old political washed up man
all of them political class are like that..

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 12:56:09 PM »
Kenyatta and retiring governors would be interested in very minor change.Just remove the term limits.If you're willing to do that..let them know otherwise Kenyatta BBI is the current version.Obviously naive Raila like in Naivasha having seen BbI wave think he can get executive PORK...not your ceremonial.You see his biggest move was 2005 orange constitutional push and he wants to replay it.

If you remain presidential Raila 5th attempt will suddenly turn into a mountain. Bribing Uhuru with Exec PM - while retiring as ceremonial - kills two birds with one stone. Easy-peasy. Actually 3 birds - he become PORK, go down as parliamentary reformer and send Ruto home with nothing.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 02:52:28 PM »
Uhuru Should Drink Chibuku so that we Know he is serious

round 2002 some chibuku industrialist from Mathira run for MP seat. In a meeting in Mathira he announced that he would give young people jobs in his breweries. One mischievious man from Ephrahim Maina camp rose to ask a question. He asked the industrialist, since you are a brewer would you kindly promote your own products by drinking it at this meeting. He told the shocked industrialist, if you drink your beer I will quit being Maina's campaign manager and join you. The man fished out a Kibuyu of Chibuku and gave it a good shake and poured the industrialist a glass of the chakula Kinywanji. The Crowd cheered and roared waiting for the billionaire to drink Chibuku.. The industrialist brewer never drunk it, he left the campaign meeting in a huff and ended his campaigns to seek Mathira seat there and then.

On BBI I want Uhuru to campaign every week for this damn thing, If he can't then I say we are not boarding. The proof of pudding is in eating it. Uhuru campaign for Blue band and we will support it

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 03:26:04 PM »

If you remain presidential Raila 5th attempt will suddenly turn into a mountain. Bribing Uhuru with Exec PM - while retiring as ceremonial - kills two birds with one stone. Easy-peasy. Actually 3 birds - he become PORK, go down as parliamentary reformer and send Ruto home with nothing.
But is Uhuru and mt Kenya and now Raila don't see your genius solution.They want bbi 1.0.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 10:24:39 PM »
But is Uhuru and mt Kenya and now Raila don't see your genius solution.They want bbi 1.0.

You are wrong. Parliamentary is still at play.... this one-man one-vote one-shilling one-wife one-muguka is a line snatched from Ruto lips. Together with farmer issues. It is a sleight of hand to take the wind out of Moses Kuria sail. I don't see how greedy, selfish lazy Kenyatta would do this heavy lifting to help Raila and Waiguru beat Ruto. Yet Ruto is ready to cut him 50% cheque. Only Exec PM can be in it for him. The elected PORK will be ceremonial with exec, unfirable PM. See the Wiper and Chap Chap proposal - PM is majority party leader, appoints and runs cabinet and fired by 2/3. PORK is ceremonial "head" of state and govt.

This is genuine analysis not spin. I know that's hard for you but attempt to be objective: why would Uhuru go to such lengths if he was planning to retire soon?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 10:28:24 PM »
Uhuru may be entertaining baba so he doesn't destabilize his gov.He also wants to eat alone.Otherwise those ideas I sure he knows are crazy

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 10:40:17 PM »
Uhuru may be entertaining baba so he doesn't destabilize his gov.He also wants to eat alone.Otherwise those ideas I sure he knows are crazy

Ruto and his Murkomens and Kurias are just as if not more destabilizing than Raila... doesn't make sense. Uhuru has given Raila so much currency and ammunition to deal with Ruto. Literally look at BBI Meru at Kinoru today... it was brazen Raila campaign over 3 days of "consultations". Endorsements, canvassing, blessings by governors, Njuri Ncheke, etc. I think he was even crowned Gema elder. :) It clearly way more than appeasement.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 11:12:18 AM »
You think Uhuru will go from being PORK to being just any PM? Even a great risk of starting PEV 2 and probably ending in Hague? I think that is desperation. It obvious PORK will remain head of state and gov - and rest are details. Pajero & Waiguru theory are more plausible. That Mt Kenya will try to find their own PORK candidate rather than support Ruto.

Fact I keep telling you is that Uhuru has not cut ties with Ruto-  its not gone MAD. It still a proxy war like USSR v USA. It just shadow boxing but the nukes are still in their store room.

He has restricted his anger to mt kenya for abandoning him. That I think is the price to pay for tagging along Raila. Because it only him who knows he is using him.Meru was near disaster - Baba voice literally disappeared as the crowd walked out of him - and by time Kalonzo was speaking it was empty.

Now we get to Nakuru when reggae officialy stops. Jubilee has rejected BBI.

https://www.facebook.com/honkabogo/videos/853663978435673/

Ruto and his Murkomens and Kurias are just as if not more destabilizing than Raila... doesn't make sense. Uhuru has given Raila so much currency and ammunition to deal with Ruto. Literally look at BBI Meru at Kinoru today... it was brazen Raila campaign over 3 days of "consultations". Endorsements, canvassing, blessings by governors, Njuri Ncheke, etc. I think he was even crowned Gema elder. :) It clearly way more than appeasement.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 12:12:15 PM »
Raila would never manage this without Uhuru. No hint of Uhurutopia.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 01:01:39 PM »
What exactly did he achieve here? The scared governors are btw hard place and rock - because mt kenya populace want nothing to do with Jakom, handshake and BBI.

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 02:41:51 PM »
You better believe "watu wako kwa ground..." Governors and others just receive call from State House to liaise with Raila and host those BBI meetings. They also get cash for that including "facilitating" Kenyans to attend. Those are the 500bob you heard about huko Meru. On the eve of Meru Rally i was in Nakuru with a bunch of people who had received 3k to attend with promises of more. Uhuru has chosen to keep hiding behind Raila. Am now thinking he's buying to see whether it will succeed. If BBI succeed then he can make a comeback as PM. If anaona it's going nowhere he comes out and claim BBI is dividing Kenya then close it and pretend to be a hero.

Another thing, getting Uhuru backing doesn't mean BBI is going anywhere. A lot of people do not want it at all. And each day Uhuru is being hated by more and more people as this BBI thing goes on.
Even if he was the one at Meru Rally he would have been jeered if he keep selling this con game.

If you didn't learn from Meru fiasco that BBI is going nowhere Wait for Nakuru Rally.

Uhuru/Raila have nothing left to sell and their only option is use FORCE. Now convince me how they will have BBI through force

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 03:36:56 PM »
Garliv and Pundit you got lots of stories without any evidence. When did you measure the "ground" to know BBI is unpopular? That governors are coerced to do this is pure guesswork. Raila has a good hold on non-Gema - compared to Ruto - and now he is taking strikes on Ruto turf. As it is now Mt Kenya is almost a must-win for Ruto to clinch PORK.

2 years ago Mt Kenya was under Ruto lock and key with good traction in Gusii, Luhya, Maa, Pwani. The trend has benefited Raila. But you must put on a brave face and concede nothing.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2020, 03:41:28 PM »
Such optics must make Ruto really anxious

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 03:43:24 PM »
Your senior colleague Sam Omwenga

Only singing Uhuru, Raila tune will save DP Ruto
https://www.the-star.co.ke/siasa/2020-03-01-only-singing-uhuru-raila-tune-will-save-dp-ruto/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 03:51:55 PM »
It all boils down to GEMA - the rest are details. That is the battle-ground. The heart and soul of gema. If Ruto loses there - then he needs to think of Plan B. Obviously Raila is not winning GEMA.

The non-gema you're talking about are the areas who flow with the wind - if Raila is kicked by Uhuru today - they will abandon him today.

Raila challenge is to show a winning path - otherwise nobody serious is boarding his vehicle for six or 5th defeat.

Garliv and Pundit you got lots of stories without any evidence. When did you measure the "ground" to know BBI is unpopular? Raila has a good hold on non-Gema - compared to Ruto - and now he is taking strikes on Ruto turf. As it is now Mt Kenya is almost a must-win for Ruto to clinch PORK.

2 years ago Mt Kenya was under Ruto lock and key with good traction in Gusii, Luhya, Maa, Pwani. The trend has benefited Raila.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 03:56:21 PM »
You better believe "watu wako kwa ground..." Governors and others just receive call from State House to liaise with Raila and host those BBI meetings. They also get cash for that including "facilitating" Kenyans to attend. Those are the 500bob you heard about huko Meru. On the eve of Meru Rally i was in Nakuru with a bunch of people who had received 3k to attend with promises of more. Uhuru has chosen to keep hiding behind Raila. Am now thinking he's buying to see whether it will succeed. If BBI succeed then he can make a comeback as PM. If anaona it's going nowhere he comes out and claim BBI is dividing Kenya then close it and pretend to be a hero.

Another thing, getting Uhuru backing doesn't mean BBI is going anywhere. A lot of people do not want it at all. And each day Uhuru is being hated by more and more people as this BBI thing goes on.
Even if he was the one at Meru Rally he would have been jeered if he keep selling this con game.

If you didn't learn from Meru fiasco that BBI is going nowhere Wait for Nakuru Rally.

Uhuru/Raila have nothing left to sell and their only option is use FORCE. Now convince me how they will have BBI through force
 I wonder what they will do next. Hold a farcical referendum and declare them winners. Uhuru has seen the resistance and will cut his losses otherwise if rebellion become full-blown - and people realize he really has no power over anything - it's over for him. Already Mps know he has no power over them. It's just governors who are scared. But the governor is now torn btw damaging their relection chances by supporting unpopular stance or going with people.

Uhuru has very short window before everyone focus on 2022 & ignore the lameduck - and that will start next year - because 2021 is campaign year - and 2022 the election year. 1st Q of 2022 is party nomination. 2nd Q is IEBC conducting nomination and elections.

Already the talk of executive PM is gone - with parliamentary systems - regional govs - and all Robina juice.