Author Topic: Ruto aka Lootall Diagnosis of Professional Corruption  (Read 2785 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Ruto aka Lootall Diagnosis of Professional Corruption
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 03:25:27 PM »
How did you knock out VAT 8% - do you know the figures. Last I checked we import fuel of about 2.6B dollars. So 8% of that should be about 20B annually or I am missing something.
How about info from treasury http://www.treasury.go.ke/component/jdownloads/send/200-quarterly-economic-and-budgetary-review/1304-quarterly-economic-budgetary-review-2nd-quarter-2018-2019-ending-31st-december-2018.html . If you knock out 8% vat on fuel, vat collection has gone down sequentially from last budget year . Also income collection is stagnant. Yet economy supposedly grew at 6% rate 1st quarter of this budget year.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2019, 04:03:02 PM »
hk - Do you agree infrastructure has marginal utility? - and must be pared with the ability to apply.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 05:06:29 PM »
And Private Sector have role in Infrastructure deficit spending - see our energy/power sector - one investor like Turkana Wind - pumped in 70B kshs - we now have excess power although many investors want to continue investing there. That is the trick

WB

Building on successful experiences in its energy sector, the government is committed to mobilizing private investment in infrastructure with PPPs representing one avenue for doing so.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
WB or IMF is not omniscient - you and I are better than they. Their ESAP nonsense in the 90s... many folks lost GoK jobs for nothing.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 06:05:46 PM »
We can argue about the marginal utility to the econony of many stuff - but excellent roads, rails, ports, water and electricity - are out of questions. WB are for example if we expand Nairobi (Now Rironi - to Nakuru- to Mau Summit) - that road itself has potential to half the travel time - reduce accidents and of course maybe spur economic development along it.

You're in loosing argument territory. Yes WB are saying we don't have to spend public money on this if we can get private sector to chip in like they've done in power sector.

WB or IMF is not omniscient - you and I are better than they. Their ESAP nonsense in the 90s... many folks lost GoK jobs for nothing.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
When the flashy SGR breaks even I will listen to you and Ruto. And the elec unit cost goes down enough for the illiterate villagefolk. The whole Jubilee matrix - the net-sum of their mega-projects - is a big inefficient waste.

We can argue about the marginal utility to the econony of many stuff - but excellent roads, rails, ports, water and electricity - are out of questions. WB are for example if we expand Nairobi (Now Rironi - to Nakuru- to Mau Summit) - that road itself has potential to half the travel time - reduce accidents and of course maybe spur economic development along it.

You're in loosing argument territory. Yes WB are saying we don't have to spend public money on this if we can get private sector to chip in like they've done in power sector.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2019, 06:57:04 PM »
Public projects don't have to ever break even. It's enough that its reducing global warming by getting trucks off the road :) and we can add reducing traffic snarl up - and maybe accidents. You see gov has esoteric objectives. They are long term. SGR will stay for 100yrs -okay make that 300yrs or forever. The old british one is still functional. Just need a little touch and love - and it will be go back to ferrying 5m metric tonnes.
When the flashy SGR breaks even I will listen to you and Ruto. And the elec unit cost goes down enough for the illiterate villagefolk. The whole Jubilee matrix - the net-sum of their mega-projects - is a big inefficient waste.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2019, 07:16:57 PM »
Jubilee infrastructure in rural places like this is badly needed. Elgeyo Marakwet

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »
If wishes were horses... we could just sum up the appreciation of the land- and hillscapes along the grand iron snake... as SGR payback :)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2019, 08:23:04 PM »
SGR is still under construction - and you want it to pay itself back? You see you and HK want the kenyan economy to grow from a very small tiny base; around Nairobi - rather than gov opening up the whole country - and growing the base - for the next generation of growth. Building infrastructure is laying the foundation of next growth - growth driven by production, consumption and savings.

Look at Elgeyo Marakwet - now with 3rd GDP per Capita - huge incredibly fertile land - that was hobbled by insecurity and lack of infrastructure - fix those - and Elgeyo Marakwet can feed kenya. Jubilee has done well - I can give you many example - even West Pokot now post of some many tarmacs - Bomet under Kibaki - managed to build only 20Kms of new tarmac - just imagine that - only 20kms of new roads in 10yrs - yes Kibaki re-built about 100kms of road that fallen apart - but Jubilee have build 300kms new tarmac in 5yrs.Nearly every county at least in RV and Western (not sure of Luo Nyanza)  - are boasting of such roads.

Jubilee have build about the same length of tarmac - that Jomo, Moi & Kibaki did in 50yrs - only in 5yrs.  The same with electricity. Kibaki left with about 2.5M KPLC customers - as we speak the figure is around 7M people have accounts at KPLC.

If Uhuru-Matiangi continues with good work - then there is no doubt the country can be transformed. Obviously we badly need Ruto on the driving seat - giving them the vision and the execution.

If wishes were horses... we could just sum up the appreciation of the land- and hillscapes along the grand iron snake... as SGR payback :)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2019, 09:47:59 PM »
Now you're getting it.

Public projects don't have to ever break even. It's enough that its reducing global warming by getting trucks off the road :) and we can add reducing traffic snarl up - and maybe accidents. You see gov has esoteric objectives. They are long term. SGR will stay for 100yrs -okay make that 300yrs or forever. The old british one is still functional. Just need a little touch and love - and it will be go back to ferrying 5m metric tonnes.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2019, 09:58:59 PM »
Our issue is that Jubilee is wasteful. Most rural roads should be murram. We are not productive enough to justify the mega spend. Galana zero. Dams zero. We deserve the best - MIRACLES - you want C,  I want A+ - you cut these jokers so much free slack.

We know there are a few wins in between - free maternity, child mortality, Tivet,? - and we saw they needed no gigantic Chinese loans. for 5 TRILLION we should have paradise.

SGR is still under construction - and you want it to pay itself back? You see you and HK want the kenyan economy to grow from a very small tiny base; around Nairobi - rather than gov opening up the whole country - and growing the base - for the next generation of growth. Building infrastructure is laying the foundation of next growth - growth driven by production, consumption and savings.

Look at Elgeyo Marakwet - now with 3rd GDP per Capita - huge incredibly fertile land - that was hobbled by insecurity and lack of infrastructure - fix those - and Elgeyo Marakwet can feed kenya. Jubilee has done well - I can give you many example - even West Pokot now post of some many tarmacs - Bomet under Kibaki - managed to build only 20Kms of new tarmac - just imagine that - only 20kms of new roads in 10yrs - yes Kibaki re-built about 100kms of road that fallen apart - but Jubilee have build 300kms new tarmac in 5yrs.Nearly every county at least in RV and Western (not sure of Luo Nyanza)  - are boasting of such roads.

Jubilee have build about the same length of tarmac - that Jomo, Moi & Kibaki did in 50yrs - only in 5yrs.  The same with electricity. Kibaki left with about 2.5M KPLC customers - as we speak the figure is around 7M people have accounts at KPLC.

If Uhuru-Matiangi continues with good work - then there is no doubt the country can be transformed. Obviously we badly need Ruto on the driving seat - giving them the vision and the execution.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2019, 02:11:21 PM »
hk - Do you agree infrastructure has marginal utility? - and must be pared with the ability to apply.
Yes I agree. Infrastructure at almost any cost has little or marginal return.